PDA

View Full Version : Youtube comment script

Firehorse
04-07-2010, 10:32 AM
There's been loads of comments around youtube starting with script tags and then having a red marquee saying something like "Haxxed" and it also gets rid of all the related links down the side.

I'm surprised google would ever have been as insecure as this.

Recursion
04-07-2010, 02:43 PM
There's been loads of comments around youtube starting with script tags and then having a red marquee saying something like "Haxxed" and it also gets rid of all the related links down the side.

I'm surprised google would ever have been as insecure as this.

It's not a security risk at all, it's just a simple code error. Also, if you notice, all they are doing is putting in marquees, if Google were that worried it would have been fixed hours and hours ago! :P

samsaBEAR
04-07-2010, 03:43 PM
they've hidden all the comments on every video now. /b/ were the people doing it

HotelUser
04-07-2010, 03:48 PM
I can't believe the terror those /b hackers inflicted upon YouTube :(

Recursion
04-07-2010, 03:56 PM
I can't believe the terror those /b hackers inflicted upon YouTube :(

Not really "hacking".

HotelUser
04-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Not really "hacking".

Not really I suppose, more like taking advantage of a coding mistake!

LMS16
04-07-2010, 05:14 PM
I havent seen any of these? anyone got a screeny :P

Lew.

HotelUser
04-07-2010, 05:30 PM
I would like a screenshot of the kiddie hax as well :)

triston220
04-07-2010, 05:31 PM
There was a code release that forwarded you to a site of your choosing. So people were getting infected.

HotelUser
04-07-2010, 05:33 PM
There was a code release that forwarded you to a site of your choosing. So people were getting infected.

The one time for security it pays to have a Mac and I'm stuck on a Windows laptop.

Lovely :P

StefanWolves
04-07-2010, 05:34 PM
It's not a security risk at all, it's just a simple code error. Also, if you notice, all they are doing is putting in marquees, if Google were that worried it would have been fixed hours and hours ago! :P
because google are da best ya!!! they would of fixed it ages agooo because they're like superhumanzzz

triston220
04-07-2010, 05:48 PM
The one time for security it pays to have a Mac and I'm stuck on a Windows laptop.

Unlucky. :P

Trinity
04-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Not a good day for youtube - http://thenextweb.com/socialmedia/2010/07/04/youtube-hacked-justin-bieber-videos-targeted/

HotelUser
04-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Not a good day for youtube - http://thenextweb.com/socialmedia/2010/07/04/youtube-hacked-justin-bieber-videos-targeted/

Justin Bieber. It always goes back to Justin Bieber.

samsaBEAR
04-07-2010, 08:28 PM

It wouldn't have mattered if you had a Mac, it wasn't a computer infection, it was just a piece of HTML/javascript. Nothing was really in danger, apart from my poor eyes. I have seen things that I can never unsee

StefanWolves
04-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Hahahah Apple gets a little formulae problem wrong on their iOS device and it's being called a 'major fault', Google ***** YouTube up and no one says anything. Funny stuff.

Firehorse
04-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Hahahah Apple gets a little formulae problem wrong on their iOS device and it's being called a 'major fault', Google ***** YouTube up and no one says anything. Funny stuff.

Apple's iPhone 4 has a hardware issue, not in the software. The exploit in youtube was discovered less than a day ago, google are working fast to fix it and it will probably be in the news by tomorrow so don't go saying 'nobody says anything'.

Trigs
05-07-2010, 02:21 AM
Not really hacking, more like scripting.

HotelUser
05-07-2010, 02:33 AM

And then all the Apple haters (which is like 2/3rds of you, lets be honest here) completely hate on Apple (oh, hello (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=653159)).

I still love my iMac, want a macBook want an iPad, probably wouldn't hate a mac mini or iPhone either. Nobody wants a Zune or a winmo phone. Your silly hate-on-Apple antics wont make me want their products any less. Even if Steve Jobs has a big mouth!

StefanWolves
05-07-2010, 08:14 AM
Apple's iPhone 4 has a hardware issue, not in the software. The exploit in youtube was discovered less than a day ago, google are working fast to fix it and it will probably be in the news by tomorrow so don't go saying 'nobody says anything'.
That's where you're wrong. It's not hardware, YouTube it, the 3GS, 3G and iPhone 2G all have the same problem. It's a bug in the OS.

xxMATTGxx
05-07-2010, 10:11 AM

People are saying stuff? It has been posted on a number of websites and forums. :)

Source
05-07-2010, 10:30 AM
That's where you're wrong. It's not hardware, YouTube it, the 3GS, 3G and iPhone 2G all have the same problem. It's a bug in the OS.

Glad you are nieve enough to believe everything a PR department says. The fact is, it's a big design fault. Having the antenna on the outside results in you basically un-tuning it with the attenuation of your hand.

The formula may have been over estimating bars, but you don't get such a huge and rapid drop on the 3G, 3GS. (All be the drop of signal you don't really have).

Tests where they monitor the raw db signal show the drop % compared to phones such as the nexus one, 3GS. However it must be mentioned the antenna is much more sensitive and as a result fewer dropped calls. Not that I have ever experienced a dropped call in the UK.

Firehorse
05-07-2010, 12:22 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/10506150.stm theres your news.

HotelUser
05-07-2010, 03:10 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/10506150.stm theres your news.

Apple is getting a lot more hate in general, and on this forum for their mistake, compared to their search-giant counterparts.

I can't say I'm surprised.

StefanWolves
05-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Glad you are nieve enough to believe everything a PR department says. The fact is, it's a big design fault. Having the antenna on the outside results in you basically un-tuning it with the attenuation of your hand.
so, it's a design fault... right, so you're saying every smartphone in the world has a design fault, because all smartphones, if held in a certain way WILL loose signal at some point, I know it's in that letter they released but it's the truth.

The formula may have been over estimating bars, but you don't get such a huge and rapid drop on the 3G, 3GS. (All be the drop of signal you don't really have).
That's where you are yet again wrong, I told you to YouTube it, but noo you just jump to conclusions. Go and look at he video's. The 3G, and 3GS do exactly the same.

Firehorse
05-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Apple is getting a lot more hate in general, and on this forum for their mistake, compared to their search-giant counterparts.

I can't say I'm surprised.

People tend to like google more for offering brilliant and free services, whereas Apple, which does make good products, is in it purely for the profit, holds back features which could easily be implimented so they can put it in the next edition, and always decides to not support their old products even which are no more than three years of age just so that people will cash out on a newer version of the product which effectively does the exact same thing as the last one.

HotelUser
05-07-2010, 04:01 PM
That's true, but if you look at Microsoft, with Internet Explorer, or Windows Mobile, have they really done anything different?

People tend to like google more for offering brilliant and free services, whereas Apple, which does make good products, is in it purely for the profit, holds back features which could easily be implimented so they can put it in the next edition, and always decides to not support their old products even which are no more than three years of age just so that people will cash out on a newer version of the product which effectively does the exact same thing as the last one.

StefanWolves
05-07-2010, 04:01 PM
All businesses aim to make money, I would call it sense. Don't sit their and post stuff like that when you should know full well if a company isn't earning money then their is no point in it existing.

Oh believe me, Google make profits, massive profits, and for you to think that Google actually care about their customers as much as they care about making money is very narrow minded.

xxMATTGxx
05-07-2010, 04:14 PM
David,

This isn't a "Apple gets all the bad news, the blame and what not".

He said the following:

Meaning he was saying Google is not getting anything in the news/media/press regarding the YouTube bug/fault/whatever it is. Where as Apple is getting loads because it's Apple. When that isn't the case, the BBC and other websites has the Google story online.

They also have the iPhone 4 issue because 1. Apple is a big company. 2. iPhones sell millions at a time. 3. IT'S NEWS.

Also, many people are saying stuff. But signal loss/drop call/connecting issues is a big problem with a mobile phone. Obv people are going to say comments regarding it.

Anyway, this thread is about the Youtube issue they had. Not the iPhone!!!

Firehorse
05-07-2010, 04:17 PM
That's true, but if you look at Microsoft, with Internet Explorer, or Windows Mobile, have they really done anything different?

Well they are only just going to stop supporting windows xp 9 years after it was released. And Internet Explorer and many other programs are free. They don't do it in a way that it will restrict your use of it, for example an iphone app might be able to work perfectly fine with 3.0 but can be restricted to 4.0 for various reasons. With windows you can create a program which will pretty much work for all of the operating systems since xp and also doesn't force you to buy all of your programs through a central store governed by Microsoft which is essentially what apple is doing for the iPhone and iPod Touch.

StefanWolves
05-07-2010, 04:21 PM
David,

This isn't a "Apple gets all the bad news, the blame and what not".

He said the following:

Meaning he was saying Google is not getting anything in the news/media/press regarding the YouTube bug/fault/whatever it is. Where as Apple is getting loads because it's Apple. When that isn't the case, the BBC and other websites has the Google story online.

They also have the iPhone 4 issue because 1. Apple is a big company. 2. iPhones sell millions at a time. 3. IT'S NEWS.

Also, many people are saying stuff. But signal loss/drop call/connecting issues is a big problem with a mobile phone. Obv people are going to say comments regarding it.

Anyway, this thread is about the Youtube issue they had. Not the iPhone!!!
Yea, that's why the i4 'bug' was all over the papers, and all over the internet, literally.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!