PDA

View Full Version : LOGGING IN- SPLASH PLASTIC PROBLEM -REPORT-

Soyers
14-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Okay everyone so here is what i have found out about his really upsetting and annoying issue..
Everyone who has recently received credits by using a splash plastic card has been banned for breaking the habbo way.. HUH? :s
Well i have heard TWO rumours.
1. SCAM - There were some rather unpleasant habbos going around buying credits for furni. But being charged nothing. Free credits. Which IS breaking the habbo way!
2. GLITCH/BUG - There was a glitch or bug that has caused serious havoc with the systems. Causing a lot of people (including many many of my good friends and myself) to be banned..

I have had a chat with DannyEddy and he has told me what we should all do to try and fix this problem.
EMAIL THE HOTEL (See Habbox home page for the link)- Tell them your full habbo name, email and who bought you the credits. And the amount and date if you can.
I have also been told by Menk, Fulber1, Lea, And MissAlice that this problem is being looked at by the hotel staff team.
Maybe the wrongly accused will be unbanned sometime this week?? :eusa_pray
Maybe we have all been caught up in a terribly distructive scam? And will never see our habbos again?
Only time will tell.
:s

MissAlice
15-09-2004, 04:34 PM
It's been 3 months since I last used my splash card. I checked my balance today £0.00. Below is my statement, which I can check at any time.

MissAlice Active
£ 0.00 Registered

Everything you've bought with your Splash Plastic card is logged here as well as top-ups and refunds + debits + credits. If there are any differences between the information here and your own records, please click here.

Date Type Description Amount (£) Balance (£) Details

10/06/04 Purchase Habbo Hotel -0.50 0.00 Details
10/06/04 Purchase Habbo Hotel -2.00 0.50 Details
08/04/04 Purchase Habbo Hotel -4.50 2.50 Details
05/04/04 Purchase Habbo Hotel -1.35 7.00 Details
04/04/04 Purchase Habbo Hotel -0.90 8.35 Details
23/03/04 Purchase Habbo Hotel -5.40 9.25 Details

Like most things these days, in order for me to check my balance I always need my pass and my account number (I cannot check without the two).

When you buy credits on Habbo you are directed to a screen where you enter your splash account number and pass. If you don't have sufficient money on your splash card then you simply cannot buy credits for habbo.

I am very confused how anyone can buy credits for another habbo using splash plastic. I have thought and thought about this. The only conclusion I can come to is this. Lets say I wanted to buy you some credits, well one way would be for me to log on as you (that means you gave me your pass to your habbo) Tut tut, thats breaking the habbo way. The other way would be for me to allow another habbo to use my splash card and give them my pass and my account number. Personally I wouldn't. But thats entirely up to the owner of the splash card, if they are willing to trust you.

Either way the owner of the splash card can easily display a statement of expenditure at any time and see quite clearly how much they have left on their account, just like I have above.

Lets assume every habbo that traded for their habbo credits used someone elses Splash card account and pass then they have not committed a crime, and should not be banned. Unless of course they were told splash wasn't working properly, and then took advantage of it. Many would I'm sure. At the same time there must be many innocent habbos who traded for a set amount of credits and unknowingly had free ones, because the owner of the card kept it quiet.

How on earth have so many been banned. Surely they didn't all break the habbo way and give their passes to the person who owned the splash card. If that is the case, then Habbo really needs to get their act together and bring in the trading of coins and stop this ridiculous problem happening again.

The trading of credits is a mine field. Great for scammers all round :(

If there is another way of trading credits on your splash card, I would like to know how. Does the blame for the free credits lie with Splash ? Anyone please tell me !

This problem with the free credits is really an issue between Habbo and Splash, even though many had free credits. It should never of happened.

Soyers
15-09-2004, 05:58 PM
It is possible to buy credits for another Habbo with out the pass.
I had credits bought for me by a very very good friend and she didnt need my pass.. This is a very odd situation many of us have found ourselves in..
But rest assured! There is news we should be unbanned soon :eusa_clap

MissAlice
16-09-2004, 06:54 PM
It is possible to buy credits for another Habbo with out the pass.
I had credits bought for me by a very very good friend and she didnt need my pass.. This is a very odd situation many of us have found ourselves in..
But rest assured! There is news we should be unbanned soon :eusa_clap

I have clearly showed above how splash works. Can you please explain how anyone can get credits using someone elses splash card without exchanging passes ? Surely this was some form of cheat :rolleyes:

Ohh now I can see how!. They have changed the screen, since I last used splash. You now have to enter an email address.

blade2291
18-09-2004, 02:15 PM
my friend got banned and he didnt even do anything:(

Soyers
18-09-2004, 10:39 PM
Thats what happened to me Blade :eusa_thin

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!