PDA

View Full Version : [IDEA] Forum Newsletter

Mark
04-07-2010, 05:51 PM
I had an idea for HxF to have a dedicated forum/thread for a Habbox/Forum Newsletter. This newsletter would be posted weekly or monthly. There could be a dedicated department for this or either the news department could do it. The newsletter would include: general news, Special mentions, Staff changes, and anything else that is relevant. This is a good idea because it will have the general news and it will save people time looking for specific information in all the threads.

Marky

Nicola
04-07-2010, 06:08 PM
It's a nice suggestion but I don't think it would work because it's easier for staff announcements to be made straight after the staff member has been promoted/fired/resigned because then everyone is updated ASAP instead of having to wait a week to find out.

There was a news letter that Infrequent put together a few months back but I don't think it lasted too long, not sure why though.

Rapidshare
04-07-2010, 06:27 PM
A good idea, Should be considered.

Mark
04-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Ok, Thanks for looking at my idea :)

dogboy123
04-07-2010, 06:30 PM
We used to do something like this, 'pasta' ran it being agm content then, but it really wasn't successful so they stopped doing it

Alex3213
04-07-2010, 06:56 PM
We used to do something like this, 'pasta' ran it being agm content then, but it really wasn't successful so they stopped doing it

It was a good read but yeah, it wasn't too successful.

Mathew
04-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Been suggested countless times and tried a couple of times, failed every time for some reason.

The Habbox + Development Announcements sections along with Habbox News give you all the information you'll ever need really. I suppose if smiffy's idea of "Oli's Wandering Eye" or whatever it was called is implemented, that's the "special mentions" off the list too.

Blob
04-07-2010, 07:06 PM
I think we should also do development rumours ;P

Alex3213
04-07-2010, 07:07 PM
I think we should also do development rumours ;P

I don't think this should be done. This could mislead a lot of people and if implemented, who knows the disappointment for people who think so and so is coming? kk that makes it sound like a serious issue, but still, nah.

Blob
04-07-2010, 07:10 PM
I don't think this should be done. This could mislead a lot of people and if implemented, who knows the disappointment for people who think so and so is coming? kk that makes it sound like a serious issue, but still, nah.

True, I suppose the rumours could actually be real and allow users to discuss what they want for the things though.

Alex3213
04-07-2010, 07:11 PM
True, I suppose the rumours could actually be real and allow users to discuss what they want for the things though.

It could be but as I said, we don't want people to think "WHY DIDNT THE RV PANEL GET UPDATED NOW WE'RE STUCK WITH THIS USELESS ONE"

N.B. I'm not saying it's useless because it's not, shame it only works on IE8 in IE though (I think anyway)

HotelUser
04-07-2010, 07:28 PM
I think the news and articles department could write a newsletter and release it once every one or two weeks. Department managers could put a progress update in it, hilight what's going on.

It could work, so long as it was community oriented in such a way that everyone could connect to it, and not just cheap repetitive endorsements of departments :P

Callum.
04-07-2010, 07:30 PM
I think a nice weekly/monthly round up would be nice. All changes in it, staff hiring/firing etc, updates and all. I hardly look at announcements, but if something was compiled to one thread a week/month I would.

Blob
04-07-2010, 07:31 PM
It could be but as I said, we don't want people to think "WHY DIDNT THE RV PANEL GET UPDATED NOW WE'RE STUCK WITH THIS USELESS ONE"

N.B. I'm not saying it's useless because it's not, shame it only works on IE8 in IE though (I think anyway)

I can't help IE7 is rubbish ;[

And if we had this discussion about scripts, I'm sure you might be happy about the point your making :P

HotelUser
04-07-2010, 07:35 PM

You should be thankful it works in IE anything!

Alkaz
04-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Hopefully soon there will be something like this but I think it may just be for managers. I am sure there would be no harm in letting users see it as well but what has seemed to make it fail in the past is trying to make it have all these competitions and events etc and the actual purpose of the news letter is lost. I think if we keep that and stick to the facts it should be fine.

Grig
05-07-2010, 02:40 AM
Been involved in this personally last time with Lana, pasta and a few others and it failed. Mainly cause it had things such as HxL content directly ripped from the website and nothing that new or interesting. Also gave myself and Lana a headache thinking of columns to write. Although, it used to have something from each department, and some were just useless columns, not really giving anything juicy or new.

If it is re-formed in a different way then sure it does have potential, as long as it gives new bits of information and is something that is worthwile reading.

HotelUser
05-07-2010, 02:44 AM
Perhaps that's an indirect sign indicating that we need quicker change to Habbox, and more frequent. Take ClubHabbo for example. They have a very nice layout on their website. We could implement a similar design flavoured in a Habbox way, couldn't we? If we had more changes, we would have more to talk about, more things to cause excitement which is worth discussing.

Been involved in this personally last time with Lana, pasta and a few others and it failed. Mainly cause it had things such as HxL content directly ripped from the website and nothing that new or interesting. Also gave myself and Lana a headache thinking of columns to write. Although, it used to have something from each department, and some were just useless columns, not really giving anything juicy or new.

If it is re-formed in a different way then sure it does have potential, as long as it gives new bits of information and is something that is worthwile reading.

Inseriousity.
05-07-2010, 07:45 AM
I don't think newsletters work. By the time they're published, the news is already old! If people can't be bothered to check the announcements forum once in a while, are they really going to read a newsletter anyway? :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!