PDA

View Full Version : Mac Mini Question [rep plus?]

Ardemax
04-07-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm thinking about purchasing a Mac Mini, rather than an iMac, seeing how I only need one for schoolwork and some of the features (ie. iMovie).

What is the best one I should get? (ie. what type of RAM and memory and all that computer jargon stuff)

Also I don't want to buy a Mac LED screen or w.e because im not made of money, nor does money grow in my front lawn or from my cats behind, so meh.

Is there any other computer desktop screen that is compatible with Mac Mini'a and if so, can you recommend me one please.

With regards,
ARDEMAX BRUVVA

Apolva
04-07-2010, 08:38 PM
The new Mac Minis are stupidly over-priced. I recommend that if you're intent on getting one, find the older, white design on eBay (I had one of these, they were much less expensive new back in the day and still had a Core 2 Duo).

However, if you really want to save money, you can just buy the "base" of a Macbook Pro on eBay (ie. no screen/keyboard/trackpad, and also look horrible in bits but oh well) and use it with an external display. I saw one go for £200 the other day, with a much better spec than the Mac mini.

The Apple cinema displays are also (in my opinion) a rip-off. They look nice but aren't really worth their typical Apple price-tag. ANY LCD screen will be compatible with a Mac given the right adapter (although the Mini will only handle a certain resolution).

Recursion
04-07-2010, 08:41 PM
You'd have to be a fool to buy a MacMini nowadays, maybe before they updated them and their prices, but now, you're literally paying for something far from worth what it costs.

Ardemax
05-07-2010, 05:31 AM
Ok thanks for the info. +rep

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!