PDA

View Full Version : Vocal help! +rep

BobX
04-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Hi,
i'm like a singer/screamer in a hardcore band and basically i don't want my voice to get all messed up and lose it cause i have a huge gig on sunday and its really bad atm from tonights practice.

Was wondering if anyone knows any food/drinks/concoctions that will help a soar throat / lost voice?

+rep for answers x

Special
04-07-2010, 11:26 PM
hmm, soothers, medicine? food wise, soup, toast, pasta anything soft & not harsh. drinks, i'd say water or something smooth like a smoothy (lol) or warm milk

Misawa
04-07-2010, 11:40 PM
If you screw up your voice, you're not doing it right. Should probably learn before you front a band.

Special
04-07-2010, 11:42 PM
If you screw up your voice, you're not doing it right. Should probably learn before you front a band.

lol he's screaming - how can you do it wrong?

BobX
05-07-2010, 12:23 AM

actually its not that, ive had a cold and hayfever and stuff bad recently and its just from todays 4 hour practice that my voice had begun to feel a bit horse, every other practice has been fine but because im getting ill and hayfever its starting to feel a bit weird.

Just want something to make sure it doesnt screw up before the gig on sunday

Adamm
05-07-2010, 09:11 PM
lemsip max.

expensive but work a dream.

BobX
05-07-2010, 11:44 PM
wow really? i might check it out but cant really afford much so might do a cheap version haha! thanks!

ifuseekamy
06-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Avoid dairy, caffeine and sugary stuff. Herbal tea, honey and lemon are great for your voices. You can get sweets called vocalzones or something in lots of shops like boots I think too which are specially made for singers.

BobX
06-07-2010, 12:48 AM
yeah i was going to get some of those vocal sweets today but completely forgot! dang!

Thanks alot :)

Adamm
07-07-2010, 03:01 PM
wow really? i might check it out but cant really afford much so might do a cheap version haha! thanks!
you pay for what you get.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!