PDA

View Full Version : Canceris

William93
04-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Hi, me and other family members have set up a website in light of my mother's death in March of this year. Whilst I can't repeat the quote on this website without breaking the rules, it's a quote frequently used by my mum during her ongoing battle with cancer which she sadly lost.

Since we've witnessed this horrific experience firsthard, we wanted to share them with the world in the hope we can help others going through it - whether they be a carer, cancer sufferer or a survivor. The website will soon contain articles on how we've coped, how others have coped, what benefits can be claimed, etc.

Due to the forum rules, I have posted it using a shortlink. You can find out the final word once you visit the site - from there you can 'Like' our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.

http://bit.ly/96dUA3

Please tell me what you think of the website and how we can improve it. Thank you for your time! :)

Fehm
05-07-2010, 11:55 AM
I actually nearly cried reading this site ^^

Good luck, if you need any tech help, drop me a PM :)

William93
05-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Thank you very much!

lTraditional
05-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Great site, made me upset considering 2 of my family members died of it.

William93
05-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Sorry for making you upset.

Fehm
05-07-2010, 06:14 PM
If you want me to help you set up a fundraising style thing on your site.. I have plenty of people that will happily sponsor such a thing :) I'll ask around, you've inspired me to do something ^^ Both my auntie and uncle died within 2 years from Cancer and ya know, it's made me think this has :L

kuzkasate
05-07-2010, 07:43 PM
My grandad died from cancer. :(
Great site, +repp

William93
05-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Hi all, thanks for your kind comments!

The site is set to have a feature where you can register and write your own story and it appears on the site in the hope that it gives you the feeling you've got something off your chest and that others can read it and know that there is someone else out there going through the same. Not just that, but articles which may be of benefit to cancer patients (for example, we're going to have what benefits they can have on there - as many do not know).

I'll update the thread when that feature becomes available and if you'd like to, you're all more than welcome to go on and write. Thank you!

Jack!
05-07-2010, 08:08 PM
My grandma died from cancer :( a nice site +Rep

HotelUser
05-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Really sorry to hear about your mother :(

Really nice website, it's very meaningful :)

William93
05-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Cheers people :)

The contribute section is nearly done.

William93
05-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Hi, the contribute section is now done. Please feel free to visit and submit your own stories.

The link to the actual page with instructions is this: http://bit.ly/alElFc

Thank you.

Fehm
05-07-2010, 10:45 PM
You should put something about like Male Breast Cancer in relation to Gynecomastia :P likee, I was 12 when I found a lump under myyyy nipple lol I'm a lad... and I didnt sleep for weeks , im 17 tomorrow still have them.. I'm thankful it's not cancer but it scared the crap out of me for months

William93
06-07-2010, 09:39 AM
You should put something about like Male Breast Cancer in relation to Gynecomastia :P likee, I was 12 when I found a lump under myyyy nipple lol I'm a lad... and I didnt sleep for weeks , im 17 tomorrow still have them.. I'm thankful it's not cancer but it scared the crap out of me for months

Perhaps it's something you would like to share on the site?? :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!