PDA

View Full Version : Kazopark BETA release date has been extended!

Mr-Trainor
07-07-2010, 04:06 PM
To the 30th July, from the previous 12th July date.

Unfortunately we are going to be unable to provide a BETA release on July 12th 2010.
This announcement is made with regret as we are aware we have published our July 12th release date on several sites, as well as on our Kazopark's main website and on our BETA signup request form.
There is always the danger when providing a release date that setbacks may occur, and ultimately Kazopark is no exception. We do not want to release a version that we believe to be unstable, unfinished and unpolished.
Whilst we understand there will be disappointment, we have moved the BETA release date back to Friday, July 30th.
Kazopark Management

Callum.
07-07-2010, 04:14 PM
This is what happens with most of the newer things that have failed, so we'll see.

lTraditional
07-07-2010, 04:16 PM
*managment - They missed the T in managment at the end. Anyway, they should of just released it when they have completed it instead of keep changing it as people are expecting it to be on the 12th!!

GoldenMerc
07-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Its like the clubtropica era'

Nixt
07-07-2010, 04:23 PM
I understand this was an unavoidable and unexpected change. Most things were on schedule but one, I guess you could say 'freak' problem has affected it considerably. Don't lose faith just yet :P.

Nemo
07-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Its like the clubtropica era'
No one speaks of the dark ages.

Kimber
07-07-2010, 05:18 PM
*managment - They missed the T in managment at the end. Anyway, they should of just released it when they have completed it instead of keep changing it as people are expecting it to be on the 12th!!

That is an error in the quote; not on our site.

The final product will make up for the wait - We are as disappointed as you are with the set back and we can only apologise for the delay.

dbgtz
07-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Did clubtropica even release a client?

anyway I wanna see it so hurry the **** up.

Mr-Trainor
07-07-2010, 07:01 PM
That is an error in the quote; not on our site.
Yep, corrected quote in first post :)

lTraditional
07-07-2010, 08:35 PM
I thought so because surely virtual world staff would be able to spell xD

LouisCollins
07-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Yeah, To be fair.... You guys want a decent MMO, There's a few errors and instead of having you're personal "Registered" Information being leaked they are proberly working on security patches, I appreciate the thought of USER SECURITY. Hope you sort it soon, (I'm no way insinuating that they are having security issues, This is simply used as a example.)

Adamm
08-07-2010, 11:05 AM
but one, I guess you could say 'freak' problem.
as in, it didn't work?

Nixt
08-07-2010, 11:08 AM
as in, it didn't work?

The alpha client itself works perfectly, it's great, actually. Again, I am not sure what I can say but it is a more 'behind the scenes' problem but it's obviously very important it is fixed before the beta goes live :).

Verrou
10-07-2010, 03:41 AM
Lol so it hasn't even hit beta and its failing?
http://trollcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/cool_story_bro_trollcat.jpg

Sameer!
10-07-2010, 06:43 AM
It is not failing, all major operations like this have set backs. I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

Adamm
12-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Nah, not if they had proper project management in place. If this was the case, they would've provided time for 'set backs', it's called lag and lead. It's the basic fundamentals of project management. If the project goes over the allotted time with lead and lag then the project is destined to fail.

You won't see the London Olympic committee say "soz, it's gonna be another 2 weeks, u can all go home for a bit". It would never happen. Yes, I realise the magnitude of the Olympics but it's the principle.

That said, it still looks terrible and offers nothing different from other IM clients therefore I shall not be using it and am not happy that Habbox are endorsing such a product.

Nemo
12-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Nah, not if they had proper project management in place. If this was the case, they would've provided time for 'set backs', it's called lag and lead. It's the basic fundamentals of project management. If the project goes over the allotted time with lead and lag then the project is destined to fail.

You won't see the London Olympic committee say "soz, it's gonna be another 2 weeks, u can all go home for a bit". It would never happen. Yes, I realise the magnitude of the Olympics but it's the principle.

That said, it still looks terrible and offers nothing different from other IM clients therefore I shall not be using it and am not happy that Habbox are endorsing such a product.They're gettin paid to endorse it, they could endorse justin bieber for all i care.

Adamm
12-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Don't care.

The site was running before Kazopark and it will run after Kazopark.

All I see is all management and staff saying how great Kazopark is even though they all know it's a bag of ****.

Nemo
12-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Don't care.

All I see is all management and staff saying how great Kazopark is even though they all know it's a bag of ****.Whether they be lying or not i couldnt really care, and any money to help the forum is fine by me. Plus, the only time ive ever heard them 'big it up' is in this specific forum, and the radio, which i couldnt care less about

stephbob
13-07-2010, 06:02 PM
People will make their own judgement on Kazopark when it's out. If you don't like the staffs views then just ignore them.

Adamm
13-07-2010, 09:45 PM
It'll be like bitty bay, only worse. At least bitty bay is unique and offers something different.

I don't really want to live like a Moomin in a treehouse, thanks. If and when the client is released, we'll see how long it takes for them to fail. I'm guessing not very long. Either that or they run out of money.

W00TZEH
13-07-2010, 10:51 PM
IF IT'S NOT EMBEDDED INTO FACEBOOK AS AN APP IT'S GOING TO FAIL. SIMPLE AS.

OrenHX
14-07-2010, 01:23 AM
It works perfectly for me I got nothing for that day so I can wait. If waiting means it will be better then you should wait. :)

Camy
14-07-2010, 11:04 AM
*management. :P

This is a bit of a disappointment, but I suppose it happens with most of these types of online games.

,elaboratedolls
14-07-2010, 05:12 PM
6 more days o.o hurry up already D; Should've opened 2 days ago. But nooooo. had to make us wait 8 days longer. :l

Tintinnabulate
14-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Well people could have said twitter, facebook etc would fail in front of myspace but it didn't. Its true they have let themselves down by the date change as a lot of people would have checked on the 12th, only to be disappointed.

Abciscool
19-07-2010, 03:17 AM
Aww would have liked to play it already :(

Sharon
19-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Every game will have problems

I think it could be good. At least they realised before releasing.

Mr-Trainor
19-07-2010, 05:32 PM
At least they realised before releasing.
Agreed. I'm sure this was a problem which would have effected us if they had released the BETA without noticing it and therefore it's better it's fixed. 11 days to go if the current date stays put :P

Richie
20-07-2010, 02:17 AM
The set back date will be put on hold again I can almost guarantee it or if it does open on set date I can guarantee it will fail after a few weeks \ months (max),

This lol, amen.

Kimber
20-07-2010, 01:29 PM
The set back date will be put on hold again I can almost guarantee it or if it does open on set date I can guarantee it will fail after a few weeks \ months (max),

I'm interested in knowing your source for this, as the only people apart from my team with access to the Alpha, is the administration team of this site. Furthermore, they don't get told about any form of setbacks before any official announcement is made, and unless I've missed something whilst I've been away these past days we've not announced anything.

To my knowledge, we're still set for July 30th, and all of our pages have had release content updated to reflect this.

Calvin
20-07-2010, 04:05 PM
I can't wait to try it, but if it gets put on hold one more time then I have the feeling it's going to fail.

Verrou
20-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Why have the daily screenshots stopped :/ Run out of things to show? lol

Mr-Trainor
21-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Why have the daily screenshots stopped :/ Run out of things to show? lol
They only ever stated that it would go up until a certain date, I think the 1st July but I may be wrong.

Swinkid
21-07-2010, 09:31 PM
A proper BETA of a game would have LOADS of bugs for BETA testers to report feedback on, not just a publicity stunt. Unstable my ass.

beth
21-07-2010, 09:37 PM
It'll be like bitty bay, only worse. At least bitty bay is unique and offers something different.

I don't really want to live like a Moomin in a treehouse, thanks. If and when the client is released, we'll see how long it takes for them to fail. I'm guessing not very long. Either that or they run out of money.

this has made me want to use kazopark more, I LOVE MOOMINS.

,elaboratedolls
25-07-2010, 07:14 PM
5 more endless day o.o . . . kazopark, can't you just shorten the release date to 25th July 2010 at 20:15PM GMT? ;]]]]]]]]

Blinger$
25-07-2010, 07:24 PM
No. Because the alpha testers never got to test it :l

Samantha.
25-07-2010, 07:28 PM
I'm looking forward to it, not long now!

Kimber
25-07-2010, 08:21 PM
No. Because the alpha testers never got to test it :l

Unfortunately we have been unable to execute our plan for Alpha testing outside of the Kazopark Staff/Moderation team due to strict NDA's having to be signed, and we are unable to ask for the personal details of any user from this Forum.

We look forward to seeing you inside the BETA.

Blinger$
27-07-2010, 02:44 AM
Unfortunately we have been unable to execute our plan for Alpha testing outside of the Kazopark Staff/Moderation team due to strict NDA's having to be signed, and we are unable to ask for the personal details of any user from this Forum.&lt;br&gt;<br>
&lt;br&gt;<br>
We look forward to seeing you inside the BETA.&lt;br&gt;<br>
wow... good job.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;you lost me as a user.&lt;br&gt;<br><br>edit: does that mean garion/oli/mattgarner etc signed this NDA ;l?<br>

Kimber
27-07-2010, 11:33 AM
That is correct.

Blinger$
28-07-2010, 01:33 AM
Why couldn't us "alpha" testers sign one then ?

Kimber
28-07-2010, 12:11 PM
We would have required your full address for the document to be sent to, which was not something we were allowed to do.

Blinger$
28-07-2010, 08:23 PM
We would have required your full address for the document to be sent to, which was not something we were allowed to do.

So you lied to us pretty much.. This was before the open beta:

*REMOVED*

Edited by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post private content.

MattFr
28-07-2010, 08:27 PM

Also wtf is this about? An NDA is between you and the end user, why were you not allowed to do it? Habbox forum "management" stopped you? Pathetic?

Blinger$
28-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Also wtf is this about? An NDA is between you and the end user, why were you not allowed to do it? Habbox forum "management" stopped you? Pathetic?
Mhm, the list of "alpha testers" (at the time they were: ,Park, Bolt660, Cola, CowBiscuiits, Deathstowel, dogboy123, DUBSTEP, Grig, HotelUser, ihatehash, Inseriousity., Mathew, MattGarner, Blinger, Neil, Oli, Stuto) were used to give feedback about what they designed, and if you ask me, we did a fairly good effort.. In return we were promised alpha testing of the client and possibly (and i quote) "a Super Rare... Or maybe an Ultra Rare (http://www.kazopark.com/help/faq/rares) during the BETA."

MattFr
28-07-2010, 08:49 PM
I am 19 and sure would have signed this NDA. -.-' Their constant excuse was "its too buggy/laggy"...

A process where, as an application approaches full functionality, it is often made available to a carefully selected subset of sophisticated users. This differs from later beta testing, where the product is more functional and made available to a wide group of users

*REMOVED*

Edited by Cosmic (Forum Super Moderator) Please do not create posts that may cause offence or insult to other members.

kk.
28-07-2010, 08:52 PM
An NDA is needed if they wanted everything to be kept confidential. I can understand why they wouldn't want to get users of the forum to sign these as they can't know for sure you're over 18. Not only that, but hxf being associated with users giving confidential information such as your address is damaging. You probably need to be 18 to sign one of these contracts, so I can see there reasoning behind it. Perhaps they hadn't thought of this before they thought about alpha testing and picking users lol

---------- Post added 28-07-2010 at 09:53 PM ----------

And not everything needs alpha testing. Just so yknow, I'm not defending them cus the game looks a bit iffy, just, stating facts lol

MattFr
28-07-2010, 08:56 PM
An NDA is needed if they wanted everything to be kept confidential. I can understand why they wouldn't want to get users of the forum to sign these as they can't know for sure you're over 18. Not only that, but hxf being associated with users giving confidential information such as your address is damaging. You probably need to be 18 to sign one of these contracts, so I can see there reasoning behind it. Perhaps they hadn't thought of this before they thought about alpha testing and picking users lol

---------- Post added 28-07-2010 at 09:53 PM ----------

And not everything needs alpha testing. Just so yknow, I'm not defending them cus the game looks a bit iffy, just, stating facts lol

Are you the old Matt from MF who I stole the name from?

O/T: All sounds like poor project planning to me. I had a ritual on MMOCCForum, back in the days of the failure MMOCCs.

Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo)

kk.
28-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Are you the old Matt from MF who I stole the name from?

O/T: All sounds like poor project planning to me. I had a ritual on MMOCCForum, back in the days of the failure MMOCCs.

Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo)

Ummm, no, my names Josh, why? lol

It is poor project planning, but there's nothing they can do now to rectify it now so there's not much point going on and on lol

Can you tell me what the video is, ceebs to open on my phone lol.

Nemo
28-07-2010, 09:18 PM

It is poor project planning, but there's nothing they can do now to rectify it now so there's not much point going on and on lol

Can you tell me what the video is, ceebs to open on my phone lol.Its the song, another one bites the dust, most original

Blinger$
28-07-2010, 09:22 PM

Can you tell me what the video is, ceebs to open on my phone lol.
I have been asking for it for a while now, two weeks ago i made a thread asking about it (just after it was officially announced on habbox) and they said "soon"...

Nixt
28-07-2010, 10:03 PM

This.

Thread closed, due to some people making slightly pathetic and unconstructive posts that really aren't going to get you anywhere. The beta will be with us on Friday.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!