PDA

View Full Version : How do you solve a problem like Liverpool?

Browney
07-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Sell Gerrard for 25 million.
Sell Torres for 40 mil.
Already sold Benayoun for 5.

Jovanovic already in.
Cole on a free.
N'Zogbia for 12 million.
Ireland for 10 million.
Agbonlahor for 18 million/Pav for 16 million/Rodallega 12million/Zamora for 15
Hangeland for 12.

Reina

Johnson - Agger - Hangeland - Insua
N'Zogbia - Mascherano - Ireland - Babel
--- Cole
Striker ---

Cole says he wants to play more centrally, let him. Gerrards turned piss poor and he's getting on anyway. Babel and N'Zogbia provide speed and creativity on the wings. Only problem with this is, Skrtel isn't desperately needed to be replaced, the left back is. But I couldn't think of a suitable left back. So maybe they play...

Reina
Johnson - Agger - Skrtel - N'Zogbia
Masch - Ireland
Cole ----- Kuyt ----- Babel
Striker

N'Zogbia has played left wing back before, and that's where he'd be playing here. 2 men sit back in midfield, allowing full backs to get forward. Johnson is much better going forward than defending, so let him do what he's best at. Masch and Ireland, the brute and the brains. Benitez replaced Alonso's grace and passing with... Lucas. This would mean a return to midfield ways of old. Then play Kuyt as a second striker in behind, with Cole on the right. These two can swap as an when, meaning alot more danger than current at Liverpool.

I dare you to do better. (h)

(SEMI-SERIOUS THREAD.)

JackBuddy
07-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Masch is more likely to go than anyone. Lucas it is!

Really wouldn't suprise me if Keane somehow found his way back there. You've pretty much got it spot on apart from the fact that Ireland will probably cost more.

CHA!NGANG
07-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Aquilani is a class player. He's just been injured too much but next season he'll be fresh and I think he'll do very well.

Insua is a big problem that needs sorting. He's a great young backup to have, but shouldn't be starting.

StefanWolves
08-07-2010, 12:15 AM
i like it

Browney
08-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Aquilani is a class player. He's just been injured too much but next season he'll be fresh and I think he'll do very well.

Insua is a big problem that needs sorting. He's a great young backup to have, but shouldn't be starting.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

You're right, I completely forgot about him! Maybe Ireland isn't needed then.

Mexel
09-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Sell Gerrard for 25 million.
Sell Torres for 40 mil.
Already sold Benayoun for 5.

Jovanovic already in.
Cole on a free.
N'Zogbia for 12 million.
Ireland for 10 million.
Agbonlahor for 18 million/Pav for 16 million/Rodallega 12million/Zamora for 15
Hangeland for 12.

Reina

Johnson - Agger - Hangeland - Insua
N'Zogbia - Mascherano - Ireland - Babel
--- Cole
Striker ---

Cole says he wants to play more centrally, let him. Gerrards turned piss poor and he's getting on anyway. Babel and N'Zogbia provide speed and creativity on the wings. Only problem with this is, Skrtel isn't desperately needed to be replaced, the left back is. But I couldn't think of a suitable left back. So maybe they play...

Reina
Johnson - Agger - Skrtel - N'Zogbia
Masch - Ireland
Cole ----- Kuyt ----- Babel
Striker

N'Zogbia has played left wing back before, and that's where he'd be playing here. 2 men sit back in midfield, allowing full backs to get forward. Johnson is much better going forward than defending, so let him do what he's best at. Masch and Ireland, the brute and the brains. Benitez replaced Alonso's grace and passing with... Lucas. This would mean a return to midfield ways of old. Then play Kuyt as a second striker in behind, with Cole on the right. These two can swap as an when, meaning alot more danger than current at Liverpool.

I dare you to do better. (h)

(SEMI-SERIOUS THREAD.)

Transfers in bold, you have to be kidding me?

Browney
11-07-2010, 09:48 AM
That's the price you pay. You wont get a better, younger, more proven English youngster for less than £20 million. Also, Fulham won't sell Zamora for anything less, Fulham are a clever bunch. You see what they squeezed out of United for an unproven CB? Zamora was integral to their last season, they need him.

CHA!NGANG
11-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Zamora is a one season wonder I think. Next season he wont do anything really.

Agbonlahor is extreamly over-rated. He has raw pace but that's about it really. He's Walcott but a bit stronger and older.

StefanWolves
11-07-2010, 03:17 PM

Agbonlahor is extreamly over-rated. He has raw pace but that's about it really. He's Walcott but a bit stronger and older.
he's amazin on fifa

Browney
11-07-2010, 03:27 PM

He didn't do much last season. Got like 8 goals in the league but was immense in Europe. I just meant that Fulham will argue that they need to keep him. Just to bump the price up. ;)

Overrated? So Agbonlahor, a lad who should be coming to prominence in the league and internationals about now has received praise from where? No league accolades, no international call up. On the contrary, I think he's very much the forgotten man of English football. Just look at the WC 2014 threads. How many people even mentioned Agbonlahor?

CHA!NGANG
11-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Yeah but that's for a reason. I see what you mean though, overrated wasn't the right word. Agbonlahor doesn't really excel at anything apart from pace. He's not really the forgotten man, he just isn't really good enough yet imo. Most people didn't mention him because I think people see 4-3-3 as the way to go, and Rooney will own that ST position for years to come really.

JackBuddy
11-07-2010, 04:56 PM
IMO, Agbonlahor only fits into boring, counter attacking teams.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!