PDA

View Full Version : Crackdown 2

Adamm
08-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Came this morning, will update on awesomeness.

Anyone else have?

Gibs960
08-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Read a review about it in OXM. Looks ****e!

Jam
08-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Played the demo, hopefully be buying it tomorrow.
--

Well seeing as you were selling a DS for 'Scene It: Twilight' a few months back, your choice of games evidently isn't very good.

Neil
08-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Well seeing as you were selling a DS for 'Scene It: Twilight' a few months back, your choice of games evidently isn't very good.

The fact that person has Twilight all over their profile it's quite evident they have no taste in films either.

On Topic - I haven't got it yet due to having better things to spend my money on but I will have it in the coming weeks, loved the demo so it was a certain purchase for me in the first place I just don't really feel like buying it yet.

Robbie
08-07-2010, 07:12 PM

Moron, you're not old enough to buy it anyway.

Edited by Nixt (Assistant General Manager): Please do not be rude.

Gibs960
08-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Moron, you're not old enough to buy it anyway.
How am I not old enough to buy it, I've got the first one and it sucked, apparently it's just the same as the first....

Neil
08-07-2010, 09:11 PM
How am I not old enough to buy it, I've got the first one and it sucked, apparently it's just the same as the first....

Apparently it's more repetitive than the first.
But the first was amazing because it was repetitive while remaining fun.
You just have horrible taste.

Adamm
08-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Crackdown is the most underrated game on the past 10 years. It was looked over so much because of the Halo 3 BETA. Crackdown 2 is Crackdown + awesome.

Gibs, you're probably underatge. Plus you love twighlight so your opinion is disregarded immediately.

Anyway, it's awesome.

crazed
08-07-2010, 10:02 PM

It's a 15, aren't you like 10. Downloaded the demo but never played it :S I've been so tempted but just didn't. Might get it for B'day :)

Describe
09-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Badly structured story and the graphics aren't too appealing either but the co op game leaves you with still a reasonable amount of fun to be had so it's got the playability factor, it is a little bit repetitive and it does feel like Crackdown because most of the problems are still there like the gun targeting/camera issue and the weirdly annoying building design. There's nothing worse than have an edge that looks 'climbable' only to realise it isn't any use in the game, it's OK but nothing I'd rush out to buy.

Adamm
09-07-2010, 05:25 PM
crackdown isn't noted for it's narrative and the graphics are meant to be like that, comic book style.

Fez
09-07-2010, 05:40 PM
crackdown isn't noted for it's narrative and the graphics are meant to be like that, comic book style.

The graphics engine is massively outdated, it doesn't look pretty at all. I'm all for the comic-book cell-shaded aesthetic, but it just isn't pleasing on the eyes when all I see is random colours contrasted against grey.

Adamm
09-07-2010, 05:48 PM
The graphics engine is massively outdated, it doesn't look pretty at all. I'm all for the comic-book cell-shaded aesthetic, but it just isn't pleasing on the eyes when all I see is random colours contrasted against grey.
it's not outdated, that's how it's meant to be...

Fez
09-07-2010, 05:55 PM
it's not outdated, that's how it's meant to be...

Crackdown was released back in 2007, and there has barely been any noticeable changes to the graphics. Cell-shaded is a fantastic way of showing the world of Crackdown 2, as it focuses on making the player feel as superhero as possible.

Stephen
10-07-2010, 09:38 AM
if this had rockstar's game engine it would be awesome

Fez
10-07-2010, 10:53 AM
if this had rockstar's game engine it would be awesome

That thing's knocking on a bit too.

Neil
10-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Who gives a crap.
Grow up and play the damn game for the love of God.
I'm sick of people ******** about graphics and how everything is "outdated" shut up and play Crysis then and leave the good games to people who play them for fun. ¬¬

Fez
10-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Who gives a crap.
Grow up and play the damn game for the love of God.
I'm sick of people ******** about graphics and how everything is "outdated" shut up and play Crysis then and leave the good games to people who play them for fun. ¬¬

Relax man.

The graphical style is an eyesore, and the engine just isn't outdated in terms of graphical output. Targeting mechanics have remained just the same, as has the melee mechanics too.

I'm having fun with Crackdown 2 myself anyway, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I've been playing it at my friends house over the last couple of the days and it feels 99% like the original. That's not a bad thing, the first game came as a total surprise to me because of how collector-thon it was. I hate the people who say "Great sandbox, now they need to make a game." when apparently 'game' now means story and structured missions.

I'm not the worst culprit either. IGN pretty much spent a full page of their review talking about the engine. Gametrailers went on for 3 minutes about it and I'm pretty sure if you look on metacritic, that's where most of the criticism lies. Funny how Crackdown 2 will be called an eyesore and a game like Assassin's Creed 2 can still be called 'beautiful'. Which it is, but for most of the time, it's a jagged mess.

samsaBEAR
11-07-2010, 01:40 PM
In this day and age, you cannot excuse poor graphics. Fair enough, it's not all about graphics and the engine and whatever, but both the 360 and the PS3 have been on market for four-five years now, and if games are coming out with ******** graphics than is possible, it's just 'not on' in my opinion. It makes a mockery of being able to play in HD if the graphics aren't great.
I downloaded the demo and sort of liked it, but I didn't play the first one, so I guess I'd have to get that first. I have a friend who loves the series so I'll probably end up playing it with them

Adamm
11-07-2010, 02:04 PM
They're not poor graphics, how many times?

samsaBEAR
11-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Oh that wasn't directed at people think that this has poor graphics, it was meant to be at Neill, in hindsight I probably should have quoted him

Simmzay
11-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Orb hunting>anything in GTA IV, and I love GTA IV. Gotta agree with the graphics though and it honestly looks worse than the first one to me.

GoldenMerc
11-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Im gonna buy it but not untill after my holidays

Lost_Addict
11-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Relax man.

The graphical style is an eyesore, and the engine just isn't outdated in terms of graphical output. Targeting mechanics have remained just the same, as has the melee mechanics too.

I'm having fun with Crackdown 2 myself anyway, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I've been playing it at my friends house over the last couple of the days and it feels 99% like the original. That's not a bad thing, the first game came as a total surprise to me because of how collector-thon it was. I hate the people who say "Great sandbox, now they need to make a game." when apparently 'game' now means story and structured missions.

I'm not the worst culprit either. IGN pretty much spent a full page of their review talking about the engine. Gametrailers went on for 3 minutes about it and I'm pretty sure if you look on metacritic, that's where most of the criticism lies. Funny how Crackdown 2 will be called an eyesore and a game like Assassin's Creed 2 can still be called 'beautiful'. Which it is, but for most of the time, it's a jagged mess.

You really shouldn't be playing games if you class the graphics as an eyesore.

About a month back i replayed the original Haf Life and still found it as fun as ever, graphics are not a huge part of a game and should not be seen in thatl ight. Of cource nice graphics give the game a nice outlook but its the content that should matter. Personally i like the graphics however a borderlandesque graphical update would also of been nice.
I'm hoping to buy this game as the original was a fun as hell and this looks to be even better.

Fez
11-07-2010, 07:24 PM

Just because I class the graphics as an 'eyesore' doesn't mean I don't enjoy them. If I was reviewing it, I wouldn't deduct any figural points for it (I don't do review scores), since it's just something the developer chose to do.

Neil
11-07-2010, 08:07 PM

I agree, if you require your games to look as perfect as possible then just keep it to yourself, graphics don't make games, graphics don't make games better, I'm happy just having enjoyable gameplay, as long as it's playable I don't give a crap how "pretty" it is, it's just a video game. ¬¬

Gibs960
11-07-2010, 09:19 PM
The first one didn't suck but it was just going round killing gangs over and over again...

Fez
11-07-2010, 09:38 PM
The first one didn't suck but it was just going round killing gangs over and over again...

The first one was AMAZING.

Jam
11-07-2010, 09:39 PM

As apposed to killing Covenant or Templars or Nazis or Iraqi Soldiers 'over and over again'.

Adamm
12-07-2010, 08:24 AM
If you didn't like the first one because of it's repetativeness, then you'll HATE the second one.

But the narrative is not what makes Crackdown. At all.

Fez
12-07-2010, 03:12 PM
If you didn't like the first one because of it's repetativeness, then you'll HATE the second one.

But the narrative is not what makes Crackdown. At all.

I actually rather loved the twist at the end.

Johno
16-07-2010, 06:25 PM
I got it with my new 360 today and I am loving it. Its very similar to the first one, not as keen on the direction the graphics have taken.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!