PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if your pet died?

Hecktix
09-07-2010, 03:41 PM
It's obvious that some people in this forum are in love with their lovely pets however there will always be a time when these pets will pass away.

Have you had a loved pet die? - What did you do? If not what would you do if a pet died on you.

I remember when my hamster died, I thought "well at least you won't keep me awake at night anymore" then buried him in the garden.

Martin
09-07-2010, 03:49 PM
My dog died exactly a year ago now, and he was my best friend for 13 years. I cried for weeks, and didn't leave the house for over a week after. The day the vet came to put him to sleep I was devastated. :( He was the only person I could really talk to, and as silly as it sounds I just miss him being around to hug and talk to. A year on and it still hurts a lot. I think you can get really attatched to your pets, and they are just like a member of the family. Losing my hamster earlier this year wasn't as bad, but was still a big upsetting.

flatface
09-07-2010, 04:01 PM
I will cry for years, I remember a few months ago the vet though my dog had cancer and wanted to put her down. We took her to another vets and asked for a second opinion and it turnt out she only damaged her ligaments and didn't have cancer. :'(

Hecktix
09-07-2010, 04:03 PM
I will cry for years, I remember a few months ago the vet though my dog had cancer and wanted to put her down. We took her to another vets and asked for a second opinion and it turnt out she only damaged her ligaments and didn't have cancer. :'(

That must have been damn scary, hope you sued the first vet or something.

=Lizzy
09-07-2010, 04:06 PM
My dog died exactly a year ago now, and he was my best friend for 13 years. I cried for weeks, and didn't leave the house for over a week after. The day the vet came to put him to sleep I was devastated. :( He was the only person I could really talk to, and as silly as it sounds I just miss him being around to hug and talk to. A year on and it still hurts a lot. I think you can get really attatched to your pets, and they are just like a member of the family. Losing my hamster earlier this year wasn't as bad, but was still a big upsetting.
That actually made tears come to my eyes.
I think i'll feel the same when my dog dies

dogboy123
09-07-2010, 04:09 PM
I'd cry for ages, when my old cat died I was so upset and distraught. But my two cats I have now I've grown even closer to and have bonded with so much more. Can't imagine not living with them

Muct
09-07-2010, 04:12 PM
If my little poodle died (Name Pepper) I would probably cry for agess and never get over it :'(

flatface
09-07-2010, 04:18 PM
That must have been damn scary, hope you sued the first vet or something.

We reported the vet to the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons which is the regulatory body for vets the UK

sammy
09-07-2010, 05:07 PM
I'd cry for a long long time.

I love my dog and he's like my best friend. I'd be devastated if he passed away :(.

Dinosaurawrr
09-07-2010, 08:14 PM
when dillon got put down i cried soo much. ;[

Becca
09-07-2010, 08:21 PM
I'd feel so horrible.
My dog is a legend.

Neversoft
09-07-2010, 08:33 PM
My cat had to be put down six years ago. It was the most I have ever cried in my life. The cat was one year older than me and so I had grown up with him since birth. We made him a cross and buried him in the garden as soon as we got back from the vet. It was, and remains, the saddest day of my life. Our current cat is 14 and shes getting on, but is as healthy as can be. But when she does inevitably pass away I am sure I will go through the same experience as six years ago. Thats life I guess - cruel in the end, but great while it lasts.

Mr-Trainor
10-07-2010, 09:35 AM
I had two guinea pigs about two years ago and they died when a fox got in to their hutch. Obviously I was upset but I haven't had any pets since although would like to.

Meanies
10-07-2010, 09:51 AM
depends what pet it is
fish - not really bothered, just go down the toilet
hamster - not really bothered, they get annoying after the first week
guinea pigs - i cried when my old one died when i was like 8 but probably mainly because i went to feed it and it fell out of the hutch at me
rabbits - not overly bothered. probably because we've had quite a few and they've all died eventually. i found my brother's one dead when i was young aswell. but the rabbit i have now is a legend so probably be a bit upset
dogs - best thing ever. i grew up with one of our dogs and he got put down when we moved, but don't think i cried or anything cus i knew it was best for him 'cus he was going blind, walking into things and had a dodgy leg for ages, nor did i when my grans dog was put down, then gave away 3 other dogs so i think i'm used to seeing things come and go

Moh
10-07-2010, 05:48 PM
We had our dog ever since I was a toddler. So to me, she was part of the family (Well, and to the rest of the family). When we lost her, I was devastated. I'v had blood relatives die in the past and I feel quite awful to admit, I was a lot more upset when she died. I think it's because I'v spent a lot more time with her and she was always there when I needed a cuddle =[

Mathew
10-07-2010, 06:00 PM
We got two cats (brothers) when I was about 4 years old so, like many users here, I've grown up with them :)
One died when I was about 8, it got run over and the kindest thing to do was have it put down. I remember the journey home from the vets, just crying and crying. I got home, sat at the dining room table and cried for hours; I remember the condensation on the table.

I really don't want to think about the day Thomas dies. The world is a dangerous and busy place these days, but I can always guarantee my cat will be greeting us at the door each night.

HotelUser
10-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Kill myself because I'd of just lost my only friend.

Nixt
10-07-2010, 06:24 PM
It would be the most painful experience of my life so far if my dog died. I don't know how I would react, I can only imagine and that is something I do not want to imagine.

Samantha
10-07-2010, 06:57 PM
I have had so many pets die on me.
My sea monkeys, my fish, my rabbit, my cat, my hamster.
My fish were called Rosie and Jim, they died so many times but we kept buying more and calling them the same name. My parents didn't do the whole, flush them, pretend they aren't dead thing! But we didn't grieve about them.
Then there was Floppy, a bubbly rabbit, we didn't touch her or play with her much as we were quite scared of her. Anyway, one day, we had, had her so many years and me, my nanna, and my sister was heading out. And there was a board in front of her hutch, I tried moving it, and my nanna said stop. I could see her dead inside.
Sea monkies just die.
My first Hamster, my sisters companion. She taught the Hamster to walk the stairs with minimal assistance :P. One day, she was about 18 months old, and she was limping, we knew the end was near. We buried them in my cousins garden, as he has had SO MANY pets die.
Lucky the fish. My sister was at a fair, and these boys from our school was poisoning the fish with cola, so she salvaged him, took it to the bathroom, filled the bag up and broguht it home. lasted a few months, then was dead on the top of the water.
My cat, I loved her... She was amazing, I loved stroking her, and it's upsetting writing this to be honest. One day she didn't come home, about a month later she came back. We then went on holiday, came back and she never returned.
And now we have an Hamster called Tarzan, he was originally called Pek but Tarzan fit as he did the monkey bars on the top of his cage. He's still alive, he has big balls, he's very shy. But so annoying at 2am trying to get to sleep - it's suppose to be a silent wheel, but you can hear it. He's almost 2 years old so he's doing well! For now.

iBlueBox
10-07-2010, 07:00 PM
I'ld eat it.

wiktoria
10-07-2010, 11:03 PM
I'd cry for a long long time.

I love my dog and he's like my best friend. I'd be devastated if he passed away :(.

I love kenzie he's hot.

I grew up with my dog and when I was about 7 she was really ill and she got put down :( I cried for so long. About a week ago I got another dog. It was the same breed but a different colour. If she died I would be soooo upset because I love her.

Special
10-07-2010, 11:05 PM
i'd be very upset and cry

Inseriousity.
11-07-2010, 02:26 PM
My dog, Tara, died 8 years ago. It just felt so weird not having a dog to look after and I couldn't walk past the doggy aisle in Tescos without thinking of her. Feels so stupid now but I was younger. My mum recently said she wanted to buy another dog. If we had this one for 10 years like I had Tara, I'm sure I'd react differently cos I'd be older. :)

kuzkasate
11-07-2010, 06:55 PM
id bury it tbh.
i got quite upset when my fish died, it was a rare type of fish & i loved it, the stupid thing jumped out in the middle of the night, i woke up & its dry & stuck to the carpet, but was sorta alive, so i put it in a glass jar & dropped it in the canal.

i also remember when i had a tiny turtle, clicky here to see how small they were (http://blog.nola.com/times-picayune/large_14turtle.JPG) & one of my friends took it out of its tank & ripped off its skin on its leg. he couldnt move his leg & died. im still upset to this day tbh.

i also had a kitten, i loved it so much but it scratched quite a lot & when we moved into our new house, the new wallpapers, walls, leather sofas were all scratched so my mum got really upset & kicked it out cos she put so much work into it. but i really miss it because it loved me & was always around me :'(

StripedTiger
12-07-2010, 03:41 PM
I have had some pets that have died. I've grew up with animals :)
Dogs, cats, goldfish, guineapigs, rabbits, hamsters etc etc etc!
When an animal has passed away my mother has been fast in getting a new one to replace it and to fill that 'void' in my heart ;) my favourite cat at the moment is so unique and special, i dont think the void could be filled :( but shes still a young cat! im sure she has plenty life still in her :)

Jordan:A
13-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Id probably have her cremated at the vets or buried

JACKTARD
16-07-2010, 05:07 PM
My 2 dogs both died in the same year, one of cancer and the other had to be put down due to arthritis (they were OLLDDDD) but yeah I cried when both of them died. Mainly when we buried them. We have a new dog now though, can't replace the others though

Molly.22
16-07-2010, 09:07 PM
I can't even imagine this, words cannot descibe how upset I would of been. He was only a puppy when I got my dog who is now 7. He's been there most of my life and for him to go, I would cry and cry. :(

Hollie
17-07-2010, 10:52 AM
I have 2 dogs and one is quite old and has grown up with me. She nearly got put down the other month, but the vet said that she'd be alright for a while and he wanted to see how she would go. She's improved from how she was then but I know that's she's only got a year or so left. She was going for a check-up not long ago as well, and on the way to the vets I had tears in my eyes. I don't know what I'd do if they died. :'(

Sharon
17-07-2010, 04:15 PM
I'd be seriously pissed off for a serious ammount of time.

@josh what a **** that vet was

Nicola
22-07-2010, 02:36 PM
I would cry a lot tbh because I'm very close to my dog. I'd miss how completely mad and hyper she is and how she gets all excited when you walk through the door.

Samantha.
22-07-2010, 02:38 PM
I remember I cried when my dog died but i was only younggg!

GommeInc
22-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Nearly all the animals here are cremated. I think the first animal death I remember was my female cat called Mini who was hit by a car and whoever did it left her in a garden border inside the garden (about 20 metres away from the road, in the driveway). She was buried in her favourite sport. At first we had two cats and two Shelties. Mini was buried, Tom her brother was cremated when he died of a brain haemorage/tumour and the two dogs were cremated - both I think died of cancer, or one died of a broken heart because the other had died.

My rabbit was killed one day this year (in May) by another animal during the night, we have no idea what did it but it broke into the back of his run by ripping through rotten wood. He was cremated because he was 9 and was very healthy for his age, despite teeth problems (his overgrew, while normally he should be losing them due to age) and he had liver disease.

Hamsters and fish were buried, but they're lesser animals to me :P

I cried when both cats died, but the dogs I didn't really see dying as they were taken away to be put down (they had cancer, but it was too late really). My rabbit I cried over and screamed, you really do not want to see what is effectively like an old friend found beheaded. I went on a rat killing spree with rat traps because of it :/

Matthew
22-07-2010, 09:30 PM
id be really annoyed, i love my dog, if he died id miss everything about him.
hes only 2 years old though so hopefully well have him for many years to come :D

coopera11
22-07-2010, 11:07 PM
My dog passed away just 3 months ago and was my best friend and my protector after living with her for 4 years from when i was just 2 years old.

And i saw her go through so much pain in her last moths and my love for her was cruel due to me wanting to keep her for love, but once i saw her get worse i had to do the best for her, once she was gone i took some of her fur i still have it in a very nice box and look at it every night, i loved her more than anything and now know she in peace and not in pain.

I love her and know i wont get another pet close to her, but in the heat of the sadness only a month later i got a puppy and then it hit me i brought this puppy to replace her, but i cant replace her and so i treat her just aswell knowing how precious the time with mans best friend is and i treat and love her as much as i can like my previous pet, but deep down i know she wont be the same and i will just have to live with my new puppy still remering my best friend forever and ever.

Nemo
22-07-2010, 11:10 PM
I dont really know what id' do, ive had my cat for 9 years now and got him when i was only 7, so i've pretty much grown up with him. cant really remember a time when he wasnt here

befas
28-07-2010, 01:56 PM
My dog had died ...Just a few months ago :( ... she had a bad tummy ...I miss her lots ...Sometimes i still shout her name in the morning...It's just getting used to her not being there :/

Storking
28-07-2010, 01:57 PM
just go out and look for another

wouldnt cry probs

Apple
29-07-2010, 01:50 PM
My dog recently died, was very sad it had been with us for 14 years so was very old as you can imagine.

Jamiie
01-08-2010, 12:43 PM
My dog died 2 Days ago she was 16 and grew up with me and i just cried =[
My Little gizmo and my other dog got put down 3 weeks ago =/
Only 1 left now :(
But they were old dogs especially the 16 year old one

Narnat,
01-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Me and my dog are not really that close but we still love each other and I would prob cry tbh ..

Suspective
02-08-2010, 11:03 AM
get another one

thats what Paul O'Grady would say lmao

Amberr
02-08-2010, 11:10 PM
I lost my dog not long ago and as i've literally just posted in another thread lol it was very hard to cope with. My dog had been in my family longer than me so she had been very close to the family. She had never been the fittest dog even from when she was a puppy she was born with problems with her ears which that alot of wax builds up in her ears which stopped her from hearing properly which unfortunately when she was an old dog she lost her hearing completely. Around about year before she died she got out of the house and because without her sense of hearing she never found her way home and was ended up missing for a week. All our family was in such a state as we were all so worried about her i remember i couldnt stop crying because it was the fact of the unknowing. Luckily the RSPCA found her but when they did she was not in the fittest state she was incredibly fin as she hadn't eaten for a week. She looked so fragile and i completely broke down after that. Since that day she had never really fully recovered and at old age she became more ill and more of her senses started not working properly till it got to the point that she would bump into things as she would walked and her eyes were not focused because her brain would not function properly with her mind so in the end the kindest thing to do was to put her down. :(. That was probably the hardest thing i had ever had to go through, the knowing of her being there for so long and to just have vanished. She was such an adorable dog and even after months have past i still get upset about it sometimes.

Jessicrawrr
03-08-2010, 11:05 AM
i'd cry and cry because Iv'e grown up with my dog and it'd be sooo hard

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!