PDA

View Full Version : What year do you think Habbox Forum will end,and what year do you think you'll leave?

The Don
10-07-2010, 01:11 AM
I think Habbox forum has got a few years left in it, I reckon maybe 2015, I think I'll stop coming here in my last year of sixth form (exams) so thats in two years and I don't think I'll bother coming back after that seeing as I should be heading to uni after... What about you guys and girls?

-:Undertaker:-
10-07-2010, 01:34 AM
I am willing to remain as staff from 2011 (maybe even 2012 onwards) and would probably pop on now and again when i've 'left' - as for HabboxForum closing, all depends on a number of things I guess but I cant see it or Habbo Hotel itself closing anytime soon.

Special
10-07-2010, 02:10 AM
it's not changed much since i joined in 2007 tbh so i don't know what the best year is. i'd like to stay on here for as as long as poss, but when i do leave i'd be sure to visit once in while to see how things are

HotelUser
10-07-2010, 03:21 AM
I joined this thing when it started and I'm planning on riding it until she dies out.

Sometimes quitting seems like a plausible solution to things, but whenever I wait it out I always reconsider the facts. Although as Nvrspk said, nobody is ever here forever.

Really good idea for this thread, thread starter.

PaulMacC
10-07-2010, 04:05 AM
I dont think I'll ever leave permanently. I'll probably still be checking back even into my 20's as creepy as that sounds. I cant really see it ending, I see the forum existing far after Habbo closes.

Sameer!
10-07-2010, 06:46 AM
I will be with this fine boat till the day it goes :)

Jordy
10-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Probably later this year or 2011, very much doubt any longer than that. I never quit things as such I just stop frequently going on due to boredom or something better to do.

Muct
10-07-2010, 10:21 AM
I think 2014?
Or when Habbo shuts down.
And I'll probs never completely leave, probs keep visiting.

Mathew
10-07-2010, 10:30 AM
I think HxF would stay even if Habbo decided to close. The majority of older users don't even play Habbo and post more in the General forums, so there's no point in it closing when there's another large fanbase.

Nixt
10-07-2010, 10:33 AM
I think it will stay, in one form or another, until Habbo itself closes down. Even if the current staff base give up on it (which is unlikely) someone will pick it up and keep it going. It's such a well known name that a lot of people would like to get their hands on it and it will continue in one form or another until Habbo shuts down. After the end of Habbo - who knows? It might carry on for a little while, but it won't last forever.

alexxxxx
10-07-2010, 10:36 AM
lol ive been on here 5 years so maybe when i go to uni.

Becca
10-07-2010, 10:37 AM
it'll stay for ages i think, but when i reach 16 i don't think i'll be on here at all.

Shar
10-07-2010, 10:40 AM
I think I'll leave habbo soon but not leave hxf until I get bored really :)

Inseriousity.
10-07-2010, 10:45 AM
No idea when I think it'll end, I hope it doesn't decide to become another teen forum (I've seen a few Habbo fansites turn into this and they all failed)! However, I do know that I'm going to uni in September. I'll see how it goes, I'm normally quite good at managing my time but if it gets too much, I'll be leaving around then. :)

dbgtz
10-07-2010, 01:17 PM
probs when i go to uni
and itll close in like 5 years max id say.

danzooo
10-07-2010, 11:54 PM
I reckon about half the members here don't even use Habbo, so I reckon it'll stick around even if Habbo goes down the toilet - for many, this forum isn't so much a Habbo fansite more a community of friends. If alot of the older "veteran" Habbox Forum users left then it would slowly fall to its knees - things don't take well to drastic change.

Pyroka
10-07-2010, 11:58 PM
i will never leave i never left when i go uni its the hope but no never happens sorry guys lol

Hecktix
11-07-2010, 01:17 AM
As with the others, I don't think HxF will close until Habbo closes and even then it'll be a while after, even then if Kazopark is successful and our alliance with them remains it could make it go further - idk

In terms of me leaving, I really have no idea, I intend to be staff for a good while longer and I suppose when I leave the staff team I'll still lurk around the forums.

HotelUser
11-07-2010, 04:00 AM
I think it would be neat if we got another domain which had a non Habbo theme, and then advertised that elsewhere than just towards Habbo users.

I think I'll leave habbo soon but not leave hxf until I get bored really :)

You are not leaving :@

.iNova.
11-07-2010, 08:07 AM
I'll probs leave tommorow. And HxF will shut on Tuesday.

Actually, i'm never going to leave, although I can see myself leaving habbo in a few years, and just becoming a forum moderator or whatnot.

jam666
11-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Most people are correct as a large proportion of people dont actually play habbo :).

Ive been here since nearly the start (well 6 months after :) ) and have yet to quit. I quit habbo many years ago but still come on here to talk to old timers :) and discuss random stuff.

If habbo ended tomorrow the forum would not die. There is simply too many people who do not play habbo on here already for it to perish :P.

cocaine
11-07-2010, 02:14 PM
been here 5 years, will probs stop when i go uni (2011 hopefully)

Tintinnabulate
11-07-2010, 02:36 PM
A majority do play habbo - and it has been proven by polls conducted.

Muct
11-07-2010, 02:38 PM
A majority do play habbo - and it has been proven by polls conducted.

Did every single person vote in that poll, though? :D
And what section was it posted in depends too, the people who don't play Habbo may be hanging around the Technology or SPAM sections whilst this was posted in Habbo General

Tintinnabulate
11-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Did every single person vote in that poll, though? :D
And what section was it posted in depends too, the people who don't play Habbo may be hanging around the Technology or SPAM sections whilst this was posted in Habbo General

A large portion voted. There was a notice last time meaning a lot of people voted. It was in the polls forum. The time before that, every user was forced to vote. Both times it has shown majority do play habbo.

GommeInc
11-07-2010, 03:12 PM
2012 when the world goes KABOOM for both questions :P I tend to fizzle out and regenerate, so not sure really :/ I'm aiming for 20,000 posts :D

As for the forum, the name might die when Habbo eventually dies out for being crappy, but the forum itself may live on in some sort of teen environment and hang out. It's pretty decent at that at least.

kk.
11-07-2010, 03:52 PM
I'll be leaving October this year I do believe :)

flatface
11-07-2010, 03:55 PM
I'll be leaving when I move away and start a full time job, which will hopefully be very soon! I think the forum will be around for a few more years to come yet

kk.
11-07-2010, 04:18 PM
I'll be leaving when I move away and start a full time job, which will hopefully be very soon! I think the forum will be around for a few more years to come yet

oi, I well don't haves big ego >.<

And I dunno when the forum will close, I bet habbo will still be here for at least 10 years!?

Shar
11-07-2010, 07:17 PM
I think it would be neat if we got another domain which had a non Habbo theme, and then advertised that elsewhere than just towards Habbo users.

You are not leaving :@
That's not a bad idea actually, that way I'd probably still use the forum even after I leave habbo :)

flatface
11-07-2010, 07:28 PM
oi, I well don't haves big ego >.<

And I dunno when the forum will close, I bet habbo will still be here for at least 10 years!?

I never said you did...

Habbo will be around for ages and ages yet

Drewar
11-07-2010, 07:36 PM
I've been here since it first started, and I plan on staying a loyal member until it closes down. Although I haven't been staff for a few years now, I always drop by to check in on things and see how everybody is doing.

I'm willing to bet that Habbox will stay opened as long as Habbo does :-)

Caution
11-07-2010, 07:39 PM
I rarely post now, the forum is incredibly boring now and I don't play Habbo, there's occasionally a decent thread on here.. I see the forum ending in about a year.

kk.
11-07-2010, 10:40 PM
I never said you did...

Habbo will be around for ages and ages yet

U wrote that thing on bb tho ;l

Yeh ages yet lol.. -stays on topic-

Camy
11-07-2010, 11:22 PM
I would say habbo will shut down in 2013/2014, then the forum may be around for 3 or 4 years after that.
I don't think I'll ever really leave, been here since I first got the internet in 2005, will probably stop visiting as much though at some point.

Richie
12-07-2010, 05:37 AM
It will close next September on the 12th, a notice will be put up a week before closing date explaining that funds are too much of an issue and they thank the community dearly for all there support & for making habbox what it is / was. il leave tomorrow 5weeks ago.

The Don
12-07-2010, 09:49 PM
If habbo were to close down, I don't think habbox would stay open longer than one year afterwards, after all majority of the users are habbo players.

Frodo13.
12-07-2010, 10:40 PM
I think the forum has the potential to stay on even if Habbo Hotel was to shut down. I personally, stopped playing Habbo a couple of years ago (I've visited the occasional time, no longer than 30mins) but yet I still come on this forum to discuss all the non-Habbo stuff. I sometimes compleatly forget that this forum even has Habbo Hotel origins.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!