PDA

View Full Version : NL Merging with COM

Casio
11-07-2010, 04:36 PM
According to some rumours habbo.nl might be merging with our habbo.com

Source: puhekupla (http://puhekupla.com/en/News/604)

Discuss!

Sarah
11-07-2010, 04:48 PM
isn't NL the netherlands? The article says Denmark which is DK?

Yeah i read this, It wouldn't surprise me to be honest! Don't they already share there offices with norway or something?

-:Undertaker:-
11-07-2010, 04:48 PM
In reality by creating one big hotel, Sulake are only destroying their market base. I very much doubt people are going to join an English speaking hotel if it is not their primary language - thats if the majority of them can speak English in the first place.

Casio
11-07-2010, 04:54 PM
NL also have the merge start page as did the UK when we were merging.

Jordy
11-07-2010, 04:54 PM
I'm sure it could be done, they could put it all on Habbo.com and then you could choose the language to view the habbo website. And you could also make it so showed Dutch Speaking Public Rooms as well but if you wish to interact with other users it's possible.

Facebook, World of Warcraft, Xbox Live, Youtube etc all have multiple languages, all the large social communities do, I don't see why Habbo should be any different.

Sadly though this will muck up the rare values once again, we've just re-established all the super rares and now this risks interfering.

Sarah
11-07-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm sure it could be done, they could put it all on Habbo.com and then you could choose the language to view the habbo website. And you could also make it so showed Dutch Speaking Public Rooms as well but if you wish to interact with other users it's possible.

Facebook, World of Warcraft, Xbox Live, Youtube etc all have multiple languages, all the large social communities do, I don't see why Habbo should be any different.

Sadly though this will muck up the rare values once again, we've just re-established all the super rares and now this risks interfering.

Valid point, It will obviously be unpopular to being with (as it was on UK,CA,AU&SG) but the matter is if people want to play it then they will no matter if they have to speak English or Dutch.

Cosmic
11-07-2010, 05:00 PM
I can see very little from stopping Sulake from making one worldwide Habbo service. Similarly to what Jordy said, it's clear that sites such as Facebook and Youtube have been successful in creating systems whereby users can chose the language they'd prefer to view the website in. If this was to go ahead though, I'm sure the issue of user name clashes would once again crop up and as others have mentioned, the rare values will be shot to pieces.

JustRG3
11-07-2010, 05:03 PM
I think with all these merging stuff is a good idea for the dedicated players that like to meet new people. In late 2009 Habbo UK started to get boring in a way of not finding people to talk with or a lot of room's just basically empty. I remember when Habbo UK was 11,000 every day no matter what or even more. Late 2009 it was 5,000 or under. With this merg I actually think there isn't a much difference, maybe just a couple more but saying UK was 12,000+ in 2006 - 07 - 08, the merg with four English speaking hotel hasn't made a huge difference.

I know for sure it'll make a massive difference with all hotels, and I've been on every single hotel and there are people that do speak English on them, so I don't think it'll be that bad really... It'll only be like walking in the middle of England now.

Casio
11-07-2010, 05:06 PM
I think with all these merging stuff is a good idea for the dedicated players that like to meet new people. In late 2009 Habbo UK started to get boring in a way of not finding people to talk with or a lot of room's just basically empty. I remember when Habbo UK was 11,000 every day no matter what or even more. Late 2009 it was 5,000 or under. With this merg I actually think there isn't a much difference, maybe just a couple more but saying UK was 12,000+ in 2006 - 07 - 08, the merg with four English speaking hotel hasn't made a huge difference.

I know for sure it'll make a massive difference with all hotels, and I've been on every single hotel and there are people that do speak English on them, so I don't think it'll be that bad really... It'll only be like walking in the middle of England now.

It won't make much a difference due to different time zones.

JustRG3
11-07-2010, 05:12 PM
32 hotel's or whatever, and that's all different countrys. I think it'll make a different by a mile.

Calvin
11-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Oh god, we'll have people speaking in foreign languages and won't have a clue. I hope they have an option to allow english only rooms but then they'll most likely go into english rooms for fun.

Richie
11-07-2010, 05:14 PM
its gonna get worse, ppl are gonna be using dif languages to insult each other etc.

Sarah
11-07-2010, 05:15 PM
If you think about it, one big hotel saving loads of money (in terms of some lay off etc) is better than having nothing :)

Sameer!
11-07-2010, 05:26 PM
lol an eveb bigger hotel aye?

Wonderful
11-07-2010, 05:27 PM
won't happen, far too much work. they'd need to keep most of the moderators to moderate different languages so no lay offs like they love to do. they'd just have to chage so much, homepages, competitions everything it would just be so so confusing. I miss 2007

frenchy
11-07-2010, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't mind the french hotel merging

October
11-07-2010, 09:21 PM
OR OR OR OR!!!!

They'll just close Habbo Denmark and redirect it to US, like they did for Russia, Japan, and Venezuela.

Sarah
11-07-2010, 09:24 PM
OR OR OR OR!!!!

They'll just close Habbo Denmark and redirect it to US, like they did for Russia, Japan, and Venezuela.

Thats probably the sensible method.

October
11-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Even if we do merge, I highly doubt we'd be together. They'd probably do it by I.P. to where all guest/public rooms are available only from the I.P. of your country, like how only UK IP's can see the Percy Jackson room, AU the Infobus room, like that.

Lost_Addict
11-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Habbo should have a built in google translater and you can choose what language you speak then all text is onverted to that language XD

Art
12-07-2010, 12:34 AM
Not sure how I feel about this, but i'm not really overly concerned about it anyway.

You bring up a good point about the moderators though Wonderful. That and the rares values.... also who gets priority over usernames now? :S

I have a feeling they'll incorporate different sectors into the hotel.

leer34$
12-07-2010, 04:51 AM
I hope this doesn't happen, everyone speaking foreign langages and foreign names of rooms etc.

It would just be hectic, no-one would understand each other and who know's what people are saying in other languages.

wiktoria
12-07-2010, 06:25 AM
I think it's stupid if they merge all the hotels because most of them don't even speak english :S

Mathew
12-07-2010, 07:20 AM
its gonna get worse, ppl are gonna be using dif languages to insult each other etc.

You've been in HxHD too long.
Don't really want all the hotels to merge really, seems silly - but then again, when have Habbo ever done anything right? :P

Sarah
12-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Norway has confirmed that they are NOT merging with .com
(if it doesn't make sense blame google translator!)

There are many rumors about both the one and the other day. Here is some info that is 100% correct!
There are rumors that many more Habbo sites will be merged with. Com, among others Habbo.no.
This is not true! Habbo.no should NOT be merged with. Com.
Some places now links to sites where they claim there is information about this. Let be to click on links you do not know. It's no secret that unfortunately someone quickly and easily create a rogue site, and therefore it is not actually a smart move uncontrollably just click on anything.
The information I give you now is 100% accurate and come directly from those responsible for all Habbo pages.
Some other rumors going is that I should stop. It is not true! I would not dream of quitting as hotel manager in Habbo. It's the funnest job I can imagine, and you are "stuck" to me a long time! I promise.
Some third rumor says that the summer is already over! It is certainly not! The summer has barely started, and if you have confirmed your email and logged into the day, so I think jommen in me that it is waiting for a surprise! :)
Have a wonderful summer day, if you are out in the blue or here in the summer Habbo country!
Lady Starlight: D

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=no&tl=en&u=http://www.habbo.no/articles/1364-rykter-og-tullball&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&anno=2&usg=ALkJrhjtjurtQGPIhYC_y2segJMPBBk5og

-paul.
12-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Sulake are not making one hotel. The Sulake Database's across the world have had a 45% cut. This is why the merge took place. All badges ect are being moved onto the US server which is currently the biggest. This is in order to make cuts on other servers across the world. I can say with confidence that there is no massive merge.

Special
12-07-2010, 03:45 PM
don't NL speak a different language?

i don't think this is true if they do because the 5 hotels merged all speak english which seems to be the point of the merge

Nixt
15-07-2010, 01:46 PM
http://www.habbo.com/articles/1767-rumor-has-it

that clears it up

Colossus
19-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Apparently it's going worldwide.

Frisky
19-07-2010, 11:25 AM
At the end of the day, it's all about MONEY.

tm
19-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Colossus/Frisky

It was a fake rumour and Habbo cleared it up:
http://www.habbo.com/articles/1767-rumor-has-it

Get with the programme!

Colossus
19-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Yeah I just checked it after I posted lmfao.

Samantha.
19-07-2010, 06:44 PM
I thought it had already merged

Sarah
19-07-2010, 08:00 PM
I thought it had already merged

The rumour was that other hotels (non-english) were merging. It is FALSE though so no need to worry!

Samantha.
19-07-2010, 08:03 PM
The rumour was that other hotels (non-english) were merging. It is FALSE though so no need to worry!

Oh right, thats good! Thanks for letting me know.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!