PDA

View Full Version : Should some forms of incest be legalised? [ENDS 25/07/2010]

Grig
11-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Should some forms of incest be legalised?

Ends: 25/08/2010

Incest has always been perceived as a taboo subject. Although, history shows us that Egyptian Pharaohs used to marry their sisters, elsewhere in society it has been treated as an utter abnormality. The main argument here is scientific as it also brings foetal abnormality. However, with contraception being of common use and acceptance in the world today, sexual activity has become a much more recreational purpose. Some argue that some form of incest, if certain conditions are met, such as never consuming a child etc. and doing it via half blood or 'distant' relatives should be allowed. They also go onto the point that the world today is much more conservative and that these are biblical values we're following, that we constructed years ago.

However, many view this as simply wrong. Human genetics were not constructed for incest, think of the the deformed offspring etc.. Family ties may be ruined as connection between certain members is very strong. Incest if often viewed as a parallel to pedophilia and is morally wrong in every way. Therefore, the debate this week is whether you think incest in at least some form should be legalised and why?

Also, to leave you off pondering over this concept; shouldn't Adam and Eve have been related, as a single person created them?

Becca
11-07-2010, 07:15 PM
I think it should be legalised because you can love you who love. Whether they are a family member or not, love is love I guess. It's like saying only a MAN and a WOMAN from different families should fall in love, which is wrong because a woman can fall in love with another woman, or a man can fall in love with another man. If they love each other, then go for it.

.iNova.
11-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Parent - Child: No
Child - Child: No
Child - Unrelated Aunt / Uncle: Meh.
Child - Cousion: Meh

I hate the idea of it myself, but whatever floats peoples boats.

Stryderman
11-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Also, to leave you off pondering over this concept; shouldn't Adam and Eve have been related, as a single person created them?

no, just no. "god" does not exist.

incest is wrong unless your from the forest where its quite natural.

Muct
11-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Siblings - Yes
Mother/Father & Child - No
Auntie/Uncle - Maybe
Cousins - Yes

.iNova.
11-07-2010, 09:22 PM
What the hell, youd endorce sex with a brother / sister? Thats wrong on so many levels man.

buttons
11-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Siblings - Yes
Auntie/Uncle - Maybe
Cousins - Yes
omg what!?!! i would only marry a sibling if they were my twin sister, they'd be perfect:S
hell no i've heard people say "oh my cousins quite good looking" but i've grown up with all of mine that there's no way i could be attracted to them. the thought repulses me. ok i might have no problem if they were rich aslong as we don't have sex that's fine kk

NO it's not okay, the only people who believe that are prob ones who are already sexually attracted to their fam, gross

Mathew
11-07-2010, 09:25 PM
No, it's wrong to even think about it. I don't even see how this is a debateable topic.. :S :P

Muct
11-07-2010, 09:30 PM
omg what!?!! i would only marry a sibling if they were my twin sister, they'd be perfect:S
hell no i've heard people say "oh my cousins quite good looking" but i've grown up with all of mine that there's no way i could be attracted to them. the thought repulses me. ok i might have no problem if they were rich aslong as we don't have sex that's fine kk

NO it's not okay, the only people who believe that are prob ones who are already sexually attracted to their fam, gross
In some countries it's completely legal, if you were from one of them countries you would agree on it too...
And you would marry some-one for money? O.o Wtf Jen.

ecstasy
11-07-2010, 09:33 PM
No, it's wrong to even think about it. I don't even see how this is a debateable topic.. :S :P
QFT.
Its not biblical values that we're following, its just basic morals

buttons
11-07-2010, 09:36 PM
In some countries it's completely legal, if you were from one of them countries you would agree on it too...
yeah i know it's legal, doesn't make it right
and no i would not agree on it, they don't really have the choice they're forced to.
yeh ofc i would i don't want kids or sexual/emotional attachment so whatever
tbh all the ugly families should mate with one another and let all the beautiful mate

Muct
11-07-2010, 09:57 PM
tbh all the ugly families should mate with one another and let all the beautiful mate
Different people have different taste, what you class as ugly could be to some-one else pure beauty...
Ever seen Beauty & The Beast?

Hitman
11-07-2010, 10:10 PM
If we were brought up in a society where incest was normal, then people would be saying "why is is disgusting? :S" etc. instead of the opposite. I guess it is just perceived as wrong by nearly all of society and thus it is 'disgusting' - do you see what I mean? It is similar to gay sex in a way, for hundreds of years it's perceived as immoral, disgusting and shameful, but over time people have accepted it and now it's normal.

It's just like rape could be normal if society saw it as normal, and nobody would question it, but we don't see it as normal.

Kinda tired and my explanation may be a bit crap... I'm not saying I agree with incest, I'm showing that over time it has been seen as disgusting and thus is taboo and not allowed. I reckon the first humans would've probably have had sex with their close family... think about it.

Jordy
11-07-2010, 10:11 PM
It's actually quite recent western values which are against it. Up until the 20th century it was quite common throughout the world, I'm pretty sure no religion has strong views on it either? And like others have pointed out, it still goes on in some parts of the world so infact it's only been a taboo subject recently in this part of the world. Just a bit of a history there I don't actually agree with it.

I would personally keep it illegal because the science clearly shows it shouldn't happen, that is indisputable. If there was a child born due to incest it would be very unfair on it and not ethically right. That said, I think if it did go on recreationally within families I don't think it's the worst of crimes, but wrong never the less. It's surprising how relaxed many Americans are about incest.

Axel
11-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Oh God, people think it's ok sibling to sibling? You guys are messed up.

Swastika
11-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Quite a sick topic, incest is a big no no.

Muct
11-07-2010, 10:19 PM
If we were brought up in a society where incest was normal, then people would be saying "why is is disgusting? :S" etc. instead of the opposite. I guess it is just perceived as wrong by nearly all of society and thus it is 'disgusting' - do you see what I mean? It is similar to gay sex in a way, for hundreds of years it's perceived as immoral, disgusting and shameful, but over time people have accepted it and now it's normal.

It's just like rape could be normal if society saw it as normal, and nobody would question it, but we don't see it as normal.

Kinda tired and my explanation may be a bit crap... I'm not saying I agree with incest, I'm showing that over time it has been seen as disgusting and thus is taboo and not allowed. I reckon the first humans would've probably have had sex with their close family... think about it.

This ^^

It's just because we've been brought up this way that we see it as wrong... If we were brought up the other way then we would be like; 'Wtf is wrong with that? :/'

buttons
11-07-2010, 10:19 PM

probably but there are now billions of people in the world why pick your closest family

Muct
11-07-2010, 10:21 PM
probably but there are now billions of people in the world why pick your closest family

Keepin' it in the family... ;)
jks

Well uhrmmm, you can't help who you fall in LOVE with... :/

Axel
11-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Different people have different taste, what you class as ugly could be to some-one else pure beauty...
Ever seen Beauty & The Beast?

This post actually made me laugh.

Pyroka
11-07-2010, 10:33 PM
This topic has actually made my day.

I dont think any form of incest should be allowed, I mean if its someone who wants to do their cousins then sure live and let live but not blood related cousins hell no. I PERSONALLY wouldnt touch either of my cousins with a ten foot pole but im not gonna judge someone who does it.

if you **** your sister/mum/dad/uncle/auntie/blood relative then you have something wrong with u and should live in a place like tiverton (only devon folk will get that)

alexxxxx
11-07-2010, 11:56 PM
no, not at all, because it's a health risk to any born children.

it's weird too but that isn't really a good reason to bad it.

HotelUser
12-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Because it changes the relationship and mindsets between the two family members engaged in sexual activity, I think incest should not, and never be allowed.

-:Undertaker:-
12-07-2010, 01:20 AM
I think it should be allowed provided people are of age and able to make that choice for themselves. To me, what goes on in the bedroom is not my business or the business of the state either. It may carry small health risks but the fact is we all mostly share genes as it is and also we do not disallow those with a history of family genetic diseases to have a child so this should not be any different.

I think you have to look past the 'ee thats wrong' part, many things that go on between people may not be to our taste but it is none of our business either what goes on behind closed doors. The same was said (and can still be said) about homosexuality - you may not like the idea of gay sex but it is none of your business nor that of the state what people do in their bedrooms, this of course can be extended to many weird fetishes that are around.

buttons
12-07-2010, 03:05 AM
It may carry small health risks but the fact is we all mostly share genes as it is and also we do not disallow those with a history of family genetic diseases to have a child so this should not be any different.
hey our genes are very very similar to apes and mice but i'm not going to go **** one, if a guy was to do that would you still being saying "it is none of your business nor that of the state what people do in their bedrooms"?. why's it wrong?

it's the same debate, you can call my point invalid but ask yourself why bestiality is wrong. how many people would willingly say it's fine? the only answer you'll hear is "it's disgusting, it's wrong, it's rape". it's the same with the view of incest. you can argue that incest may be consented and should be right if they both agree to it but that's not always the case. most of those sibling and even parent/child couples you hear of have been separated at an early age and once they're back together they feel a stronger bond. in my view, they're just confused and it's not healthy at all.
sure, it was once seen as okay years ago yes but so was slavery. okay that was the best i could think of damn:@:(

and actually no-one has the same genes. guys and girls have at least 80 different ones and the ones they share are different alleles serving different purposes.
i thought we were meant to be unconsciously attracted to people with different genes to ensure a balance and therefore healthier offspring so it's not "low-risk" health risks at all lol, that incest german couple (the ones who met after years apart - refer to what i said about that), 2 out of 4 of their kids are disabled :)

i would love to find a guy who treats me like my eldest brother does - not incest - just the same as a lot of hetrosexual guys look for girls like their mothers but the thought of a sexual relationship with him repulses me.

i'm just really against it for some reason, maybe it's in my genes:P i respect that times are changing and there are good arguments for why it's not all that bad but i personally find it revolting. sorry...

Richie
12-07-2010, 06:32 AM
No that's ******* disgusting, any form of close relation 2nd cousin etc should be class as incest maybe 3rd cousin is okay but personally I wouldn't.

No it should not be legalised.

kuzkasate
12-07-2010, 12:49 PM
I would marry anyone for money tbh.

Anyway, I think its completely wrong. You will probably ruin the relationship with families, theres no reason as to why its wrong, its just simply vile.

.iNova.
12-07-2010, 01:48 PM
I probs wouldn't be too against the relation highlighted in bold, I don't have one, so i'm not sure what they are called.

Me > My Mum > Her Brother > His Wife > Her Daughter from a previous marriage

Because they arn't related to me, in ANY way.

ecstasy
12-07-2010, 04:13 PM
I probs wouldn't be too against the relation highlighted in bold, I don't have one, so i'm not sure what they are called.

Me > My Mum > Her Brother > His Wife > Her Daughter from a previous marriage

Because they arn't related to me, in ANY way.
thats not incest...

Special
12-07-2010, 04:21 PM
close relatives absolute no, auntie/uncle 90/10 wrong, cousins.. 80/20 wrong large distance relatives, 60/40 no

Stryderman
12-07-2010, 04:24 PM
do you have 6 fingers and webbed feet?

any type of incest is wrong, any blood relations to any1 is absolutely minging and even if they were married into your family and they are still "classed" as relatives like your auntie who aint blood to you but married ur uncle. thats just wrong aswell.

This thread is ridiculous why the hell would you legalise sleeping with your family? thats pretty much saying you cant get any sex outside your family its just pure skank

close relatives absolute no, auntie/uncle 90/10 wrong, cousins.. 60/40 wrong large distance relatives, 80/20 yes

Special
12-07-2010, 04:28 PM
do you have 6 fingers and webbed feet?

any type of incest is wrong, any blood relations to any1 is absolutely minging and even if they were married into your family and they are still "classed" as relatives like your auntie who aint blood to you but married ur uncle. thats just wrong aswell.

This thread is ridiculous why the hell would you legalise sleeping with your family? thats pretty much saying you cant get any sex outside your family its just pure skank

why did you quote my post for no apparent reason?

Stryderman
12-07-2010, 04:29 PM
cos of wht u said....

ur saying its alright to get with distant relatives..

which is why i said

DO U HAVE 6 FINGERS AND WEBBED FEET?

and carried on...

PROBLEM?

why did you quote my post for no apparent reason?

Special
12-07-2010, 04:30 PM
cos of wht u said....

which is why i said

and carried on...

PROBLEM?

normally people put the quote before they explain/add to it but whatever

i've now edited it

also, i didn't say my mother & father were close relatives, so no, i don't have 6 fingers & webbed feet

Muct
12-07-2010, 04:32 PM
cos of wht u said....

which is why i said

and carried on...

PROBLEM?

You know, if you go back millions of years it would be possible for EVERYONE to be related... :/
Or atleast most lolol.

Stryderman
12-07-2010, 04:36 PM
yeh..
but then u can argue tht wht u jus said is complete ** depending on whether your religious or not.

and thts millionsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss of years ago

You know, if you go back millions of years it would be possible for EVERYONE to be related... :/
Or atleast most lolol.

Special
12-07-2010, 04:37 PM
yeh..
but then u can argue tht wht u jus said is complete ** depending on whether your religious or not.

and thts millionsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss of years ago

so what if it was millions of years ago lol i don't think much has changed in terms of human genes

Stryderman
12-07-2010, 04:39 PM
so what if it was millions of years ago lol i don't think much has changed in terms of human genes

cos i doubt many people can trace their family back a couple of hundred years let alone millions of years ago..

AN ANYWAY this is family now not millions of years ago CHRISTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

flatface
12-07-2010, 05:07 PM
hey our genes are very very similar to apes and mice but i'm not going to go **** one, if a guy was to do that would you still being saying "it is none of your business nor that of the state what people do in their bedrooms"?. why's it wrong?

it's the same debate, you can call my point invalid but ask yourself why bestiality is wrong. how many people would willingly say it's fine? the only answer you'll hear is "it's disgusting, it's wrong, it's rape". it's the same with the view of incest. you can argue that incest may be consented and should be right if they both agree to it but that's not always the case. most of those sibling and even parent/child couples you hear of have been separated at an early age and once they're back together they feel a stronger bond. in my view, they're just confused and it's not healthy at all.
sure, it was once seen as okay years ago yes but so was slavery. okay that was the best i could think of damn:@:(

and actually no-one has the same genes. guys and girls have at least 80 different ones and the ones they share are different alleles serving different purposes.
i thought we were meant to be unconsciously attracted to people with different genes to ensure a balance and therefore healthier offspring so it's not "low-risk" health risks at all lol, that incest german couple (the ones who met after years apart - refer to what i said about that), 2 out of 4 of their kids are disabled :)

i would love to find a guy who treats me like my eldest brother does - not incest - just the same as a lot of hetrosexual guys look for girls like their mothers but the thought of a sexual relationship with him repulses me.

i'm just really against it for some reason, maybe it's in my genes:P i respect that times are changing and there are good arguments for why it's not all that bad but i personally find it revolting. sorry...

Someones listened in Biology! I agree with buttons, I find it disgusting its just not right. Even cousin to cousin I find wrong, don't ask me why because I can't explain why... It also exposes dysfunctional genes which would cause an outburst of some genetic disorders.

Recursion
12-07-2010, 06:45 PM
I don't see what's wrong with it if it's distant relations, close ones like brothers and sisters can cause genetic problems though... a bit manky too

Muct
12-07-2010, 06:51 PM
About the religous thing, it'd be the same because surely...
Eve gives birth to children, who do their children have sex with then? :/

ecstasy
12-07-2010, 07:22 PM
About the religous thing, it'd be the same because surely...
Eve gives birth to children, who do their children have sex with then? :/
They dont. Eve didnt give birth to anyone because she didnt exist

Muct
12-07-2010, 07:57 PM
They dont. Eve didnt give birth to anyone because she didnt exist

I don't believe in her too, or God for that matter, it's just for people that DO believe in them :/

Jordy
12-07-2010, 08:29 PM
I don't believe in her too, or God for that matter, it's just for people that DO believe in them :/I'm pretty sure even Christian's don't believe that the first man was called Adam and the first woman was called Eve. The bible is there to give reasons and theories, it's not actually an account of things which have happened and Christians treat it as such.

Geraint
12-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Oh my god, how the hell is this even a serious question?

Edited by Biohazard (Forum Moderator): Please stick to the specific debates forum rules shown HERE (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=617161). Please refrain from just posting short replies/comments. Instead justify and give reasons for the point you have made. Thanks!

The Don
12-07-2010, 10:31 PM
No it should not be legalised. There are way to many con's to the pro's, infact, there are no pros. I think that if people did become incest, our morals as a whole would stoop low and what would we resort to next? Slavery again? Incest is just wrong, pure and simple hence why there is a higher rate of genetic defaults in children born through incest. I don't even know how anyone can aruge for it being legalised?

kk.
12-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Should some forms of incest be legalised?

Ends: 25/08/2010

Incest has always been perceived as a taboo subject. Although, history shows us that Egyptian Pharaohs used to marry their sisters, elsewhere in society it has been treated as an utter abnormality. The main argument here is scientific as it also brings foetal abnormality. However, with contraception being of common use and acceptance in the world today, sexual activity has become a much more recreational purpose. Some argue that some form of incest, if certain conditions are met, such as never consuming a child etc. and doing it via half blood or 'distant' relatives should be allowed. They also go onto the point that the world today is much more conservative and that these are biblical values we're following, that we constructed years ago.

However, many view this as simply wrong. Human genetics were not constructed for incest, think of the the deformed offspring etc.. Family ties may be ruined as connection between certain members is very strong. Incest if often viewed as a parallel to pedophilia and is morally wrong in every way. Therefore, the debate this week is whether you think incest in at least some form should be legalised and why?

Technically, Adam and Eve are the same person, as, I think eve, was made up of a rib bone and mud from Adam. Or something like that

MrGazet
13-07-2010, 09:22 AM
No,incest is just wrong.God,seriously

Edited by Biohazard (Forum Moderator): Please stick to the specific debates forum rules shown HERE (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=617161). Please refrain from just posting short replies/comments. Instead justify and give reasons for the point you have made. Thanks!

leer34$
13-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Siblings - No
Auntie/Uncle - Maybe
Cousins - Yes

Edited by Nixt (Assistant General Manager): Please justify your points with explanation.

buttons
13-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Siblings - No
Auntie/Uncle - Maybe
Cousins - Yes
okay the first thing i do when i see my nephew is want to protect him and treat him like he's my own not **** him . when i look at him i see my brothers face, that's just wrooooooooooooooooooong wrong wrong!
think about how you'd feel if your own daughter/son was sleeping with your brother or sister. would you actually allow that?
my cousins are like my siblings to me, i'm willing to bet the people who say cousin-cousin is fine aren't very close to theirs, i treat mine like my brothers/sisters why would i want to have sex with them

JACKTARD
13-07-2010, 04:06 PM
This is really odd, why is this even being debated :S.

Edited by Nixt (Assistant General Manager): Please do not make posts which do not meet the Debates Rules.

Hitman
13-07-2010, 04:15 PM
This is really odd, why is this even being debated :S.
It's being debated because some people have different opinions on the subject, or others like to just explain why it's seen as bad from a psychological point of view, that being we've grown up with it being wrong. If it happened everywhere openly then nobody would see it as wrong.

Anybody here done Psychology? The part where you're a kid and have feelings towards the mother/father, can't remember the name of it...

Wig44.
14-07-2010, 09:40 AM
It's being debated because some people have different opinions on the subject, or others like to just explain why it's seen as bad from a psychological point of view, that being we've grown up with it being wrong. If it happened everywhere openly then nobody would see it as wrong.

Anybody here done Psychology? The part where you're a kid and have feelings towards the mother/father, can't remember the name of it...

You're talking about Sigmund Freud.. his work for the whole part has been debunked - I wish people would stop quoting him for shock factor.

Your morals, beliefs, values/judgement mean absolutely nothing. Your socialisation dictates them and had you been socialised to think incest was ok, you would think it was ok. Whoever said they were following basic morals - they don't mean anything at all. They were given to you, not formulated by you and had you grown up elsewhere they would be different.

That said I disagree with it because you won't be able to stop these people having children and these children will have deformities, muct said he thought it was ok because siblings already have the same genes, this is WHY the babies are born with deformities!

Hitman
14-07-2010, 01:25 PM
You're talking about Sigmund Freud.. his work for the whole part has been debunked - I wish people would stop quoting him for shock factor.

Your morals, beliefs, values/judgement mean absolutely nothing. Your socialisation dictates them and had you been socialised to think incest was ok, you would think it was ok. Whoever said they were following basic morals - they don't mean anything at all. They were given to you, not formulated by you and had you grown up elsewhere they would be different.

That said I disagree with it because you won't be able to stop these people having children and these children will have deformities, muct said he thought it was ok because siblings already have the same genes, this is WHY the babies are born with deformities!
Wow really? I did psychology GCSE recently and his work makes up a big part of the theories and that... and a lot of his stuff makes sense. Is his the one with penis envy for the girls and all that?

You are correct on the morals and beliefs part, that was what I was trying to explain.

Metric1
14-07-2010, 05:43 PM
if the baby comes out ******. NO.

StripedTiger
14-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Im not sure on this subject in all honesty. In one way im against it because of the abnormality in their children because of the fact that brothers and sisters often share the same genes. However, if we're this "freedom" country, surely we should be allowed to love who we wish?

Stephen
14-07-2010, 07:09 PM
To me I only see incest as a relative who you have grown up with all your life. If you meet them when you were 18+ or whatever then you haven't got that since childhood family bond or whatever if anyone gets what I mean. But when you've grown up with them all your life it's just.. really weird to me and that's not including deformed babies and ****

jackass
14-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Siblings & parents etc. no.

Cousins i'd say was acceptable under some circumstances. I wouldn't personally ever do it, but, yeah.

But in today's society especially, any relations with ANY family member is frowned upon at the least, so it's hardly appropriate nowadays anyway.

Wig44.
14-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Wow really? I did psychology GCSE recently and his work makes up a big part of the theories and that... and a lot of his stuff makes sense. Is his the one with penis envy for the girls and all that?

You are correct on the morals and beliefs part, that was what I was trying to explain.

Yeah that is right, where the girl wants a penis to be able to have a heterosexual relationship with her mother, so she wants her fathers penisand develops sexual impulses towards him, then she blames the mother for her not having a penis, fully displaces her desires to the father and then moves her desires to men in general. Highly criticised, highly theoretical and generally disagreed upon. He was a catalyst in the psychology community though (in a good way). I have done Sociology at A-level which is how I know this!

It is funny how people can be so self righteous when everything they believe as basic moral values that any human being would have are not some form of instinct but actually just the products of their socialisation and anything could be acceptible.

Hitman
14-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Yeah that is right, where the girl wants a penis to be able to have a heterosexual relationship with her mother, so she wants her fathers penisand develops sexual impulses towards him, then she blames the mother for her not having a penis, fully displaces her desires to the father and then moves her desires to men in general. Highly criticised, highly theoretical and generally disagreed upon. He was a catalyst in the psychology community though (in a good way). I have done Sociology at A-level which is how I know this!

It is funny how people can be so self righteous when everything they believe as basic moral values that any human being would have are not some form of instinct but actually just the products of their socialisation and anything could be acceptible.
Ah I see, yes I remember many classes of sitting there trying to take it all in... 2 year course in 1 year, not good. :P :(

Yeah everything is from society or whoever we grew up with, it's all learnt... anyway if the two people have the child then I strongly disagree, but if you think about it these people would not be harming anyone, should the fact that they are family matter? I'm just sayin', there are different ways to look at this.

wiktoria
16-07-2010, 05:07 PM
no I think it's sick and the baby could turn out with downs syndrome or something.

Hitman
16-07-2010, 08:04 PM
no I think it's sick and the baby could turn out with downs syndrome or something.
Six fingers, one eye and no balls. :O I was having a think about this again, and I think it should be illegal still... mainly due to the baby reason, that's just unfair and horrible... morally... well, we learn our morals from parents and society so that's different. It can be illegal, although enforcement is difficult, like it is for underage sex.

-:Undertaker:-
16-07-2010, 08:31 PM
The genetics argument keeps being brought up, and it only makes sense to use that argument if you also propose banning people with a family history of genetic defects (heart issues, downs and so on) from having babies - which as we know, would be to impossible to police and decide and would also be an abuse of power by the state of which it has no business in deciding.

ziziziz
17-07-2010, 11:53 PM
"muct" youre vile :\ you would marry youre own sibling?!? thats kind of wrong on many levels, i know its in the "debate" section but i dont understand how you can debate it, its just dirty, frowned upon, disgusting, say a brother and a sister conceived... that child would have some kinds of deformality and it would ruin families completely, also what would you call your uncle if you was married to his sister, doesnt make sense. vile.

HotelUser
18-07-2010, 04:46 AM
The genetics argument keeps being brought up, and it only makes sense to use that argument if you also propose banning people with a family history of genetic defects (heart issues, downs and so on) from having babies - which as we know, would be to impossible to police and decide and would also be an abuse of power by the state of which it has no business in deciding.

No it doesn't :S Policing other people with generic defects from birthing is far too broad. The risk of defects with an incest baby are high. We know they are high. Why would we allow this?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!