PDA

View Full Version : Geohot may never jailbreak/unlock again

Pyroka
12-07-2010, 03:07 PM
http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2010-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&updated-max=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=5

Sorry, this post was probably a bad idea. Next time I won't say anything. I miss when this blog was actually about technical things(I've been reacting too much to the feedback, which led it to the place it's in now). I didn't fully realize most of the current scene don't care unless they are getting something. Now I do. It's late tonight, I'll think about what to do about this in the morning.

The real reason behind no release isn't technical. It's just that it will never stop, after blackra1n, people demand unlock, after blacksn0w, people demand untethered. I miss the days when jailbreaking and unlocking were difficult, it attracted a much higher caliber crowd.

Also, to the haters, the picture is quite obviously fake :D

Obviously it doesn't say what he's going to do, but it looks like he's going to stop jailbreaking. Some blogs are saying it has something to do with Apple threatening him or offering him money. Either way, looks like that might be the case, meaning comex, the ex-dev team and spirit developer is the only hope for iphone 4. ;o

StefanWolves
12-07-2010, 03:35 PM
http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2010-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&updated-max=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=5

Obviously it doesn't say what he's going to do, but it looks like he's going to stop jailbreaking. Some blogs are saying it has something to do with Apple threatening him or offering him money. Either way, looks like that might be the case, meaning comex, the ex-dev team and spirit developer is the only hope for iphone 4. ;o
he's an attention seeker anyway, the iphone hacking scene coped fine before geohot emerged, it will survive quite easily without him. geohot has only really come onto the scene this past year.

as for the iphone 4 unlock/jailbreak, spirit has already been ported to iphone 4 and iOS 4, and an unlock is already completed (i follow the dev team & comex on Twitter :P). it's just a matter of waiting for apple to release the 'signal bug fix' in 4.0.1 which should be released this week sometime and they will release the jailbreak.

the iphone scene will be fine without him (if he does indeed quit, he won't, he's just doing this for attention), i have my trust and faith in the dev team :)

Pyroka
12-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Yeah I think geohot will release his lil update thing anyway, but he's being a bit of a brat about it? Oh well. I just want my 3GS new bootrom jailbreak, I've been on 3.1.2 for the past... forever. xD

Recursion
12-07-2010, 03:42 PM
I can see where he's coming from.

People are constantly hating on his releases because he doesn't provide ETAs and the lot, when actually, people need to learn they are getting an awesome thing for free, in no way is he acting like a brat IMO

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!