PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Curve 8520 or HTC Wildfire?

Homosexual
12-07-2010, 05:12 PM
I need a new phone after being phoneless for a few months.. I'm liking the Wildfire, but it's a bit short and stumpy. I'm liking the Blackberry too, although it lacks 3G internet apparently.. what one is better and why? :)

HotelUser
12-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Wildfire.

It has Android.

The blackberry doesn't.

Android has a much better browser, flash, better UI, many more applications. The hardware specifications are also better on the Android handset, a better camera.

Homosexual
12-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Wildfire.

It has Android.

The blackberry doesn't.

Android has a much better browser, flash, better UI, many more applications. The hardware specifications are also better on the Android handset, a better camera.

I know you love Android, but I'll pretend you're not biased ;)

Sure, Android has a better browser.. but I don't need Flash. The only site I use that uses Flash is YouTube, which has a non-flash mobile version.

Also, sure Android has more applications.. but I'd like to learn how to develop, without loads of apps for the Blackberry, there's more chance for an 'original' idea. :D

The Wildfire's specs are quite good, but the UI is slow. Playing with it in the shop made me regret selling my iPhone. Also, I have an amazing camera.. I don't need a good phone camera. :)

HotelUser
12-07-2010, 05:35 PM
I know you love Android, but I'll pretend you're not biased ;)

Sure, Android has a better browser.. but I don't need Flash. The only site I use that uses Flash is YouTube, which has a non-flash mobile version.

Also, sure Android has more applications.. but I'd like to learn how to develop, without loads of apps for the Blackberry, there's more chance for an 'original' idea. :D

The Wildfire's specs are quite good, but the UI is slow. Playing with it in the shop made me regret selling my iPhone. Also, I have an amazing camera.. I don't need a good phone camera. :)

Tricky business mastering developing on the Blackberry, though. There's not really a future market for it, and you'd have better luck and easy with Android development.

The better idea thing, that's fair enough I suppose but still, you wont get as fun games, or just genuinely cool apps for a blackberry.

I've never used a wildfire, so I didn't know the interface was slow!

Homosexual
12-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Tricky business mastering developing on the Blackberry, though. There's not really a future market for it, and you'd have better luck and easy with Android development.

The better idea thing, that's fair enough I suppose but still, you wont get as fun games, or just genuinely cool apps for a blackberry.

I've never used a wildfire, so I didn't know the interface was slow!

Yeah, I was just looking at BB Development.

& yeah, I know haha :)

& the Wildfire is short and stubby too..

The BB Curve 8520 is £20/m and you get unlimited BB mail, 300 minutes and unlimited texts. Although, it has no 3G, so I might just hold out until T-Mobile get the Wildfire back in stock again.

Shar
12-07-2010, 06:02 PM
HTC WILDFIRE BECAUSE I HAVE ONE AND IT'S AMAZING
JUST BOUGHT IT TODAY ;D

Homosexual
12-07-2010, 06:03 PM
HTC WILDFIRE BECAUSE I HAVE ONE AND IT'S AMAZING
JUST BOUGHT IT TODAY ;D

From where? :D

Shar
12-07-2010, 06:35 PM
From where? :D
T-Mobile shop
£20 a month 600 minutes unlimited texts and internet :D

Recursion
12-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Seeing as it's basically the little brother of the HTC Desire, and based on the Desire, I say, get the Wildfire. Since you're looking into app development too, I would also say Android is a much better place to start.

Homosexual
12-07-2010, 07:10 PM
T-Mobile shop
£20 a month 600 minutes unlimited texts and internet :D

T-Mobile said they were sold out everywhere |:

Seeing as it's basically the little brother of the HTC Desire, and based on the Desire, I say, get the Wildfire. Since you're looking into app development too, I would also say Android is a much better place to start.

The Wildfire is slow and snappy, and app development was sort of a fun thing to do.. don't really need it.

I like the idea of BBM, because most of my friends have BB's, so it'll be an easy way to get in touch :)

Although, if I get a BB on T-Mobile, it don't have internet.. so BBM can't be used out of my home if I get the unlimited texts flexible booster.

jackass
12-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Well, if it was me, i'd get the Wildfire, for all the reasons stated above - but seeing as you clearly seem to be swaying towards the Curve anyway, despite what we've said, I don't think my opinion is going to make much difference. :P

Homosexual
12-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Well, if it was me, i'd get the Wildfire, for all the reasons stated above - but seeing as you clearly seem to be swaying towards the Curve anyway, despite what we've said, I don't think my opinion is going to make much difference. :P

I'm thinking the Wildfire because the BB won't have internet, so I can't use BBM out the house.. I'll have unlimited texts anyway, so BBM don't matter anymore. However, I'm looking for a physical keyboard if possible.

Recursion
12-07-2010, 07:24 PM
T-Mobile said they were sold out everywhere |:

The Wildfire is slow and snappy, and app development was sort of a fun thing to do.. don't really need it.

I like the idea of BBM, because most of my friends have BB's, so it'll be an easy way to get in touch :)

Although, if I get a BB on T-Mobile, it don't have internet.. so BBM can't be used out of my home if I get the unlimited texts flexible booster.

Are you sure? They should come with a BB plan as standard which will give you included 'net access

Homosexual
12-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Are you sure? They should come with a BB plan as standard which will give you included 'net access

T-Mobile bundle in the BB Mail booster for £5/m, but it don't include internet.

Casio
13-07-2010, 04:19 PM
I have the BB Bold 9700, although mine has 3G it is a very good phone, I pay £30PM on 02 and I get 600mins Unlimited Texts and Unlimited Data&Wifi and also Unlimited BB Internet and Mail. This has suited me right to the ground.

Homosexual
13-07-2010, 05:18 PM
I have the BB Bold 9700, although mine has 3G it is a very good phone, I pay £30PM on 02 and I get 600mins Unlimited Texts and Unlimited Data&Wifi and also Unlimited BB Internet and Mail. This has suited me right to the ground.

T-Mobile is my only option, but thanks :)

Shar
13-07-2010, 06:51 PM
I have wildfire on t-mobile, I pay £20 per month and I get everything you do :)

GommeInc
13-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Could try using a different Homescreen on the WildFire? That sometimes speeds things up, IF the speed is a UI related offense.

Casio
13-07-2010, 08:34 PM

You win :D

Homosexual
14-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Could try using a different Homescreen on the WildFire? That sometimes speeds things up, IF the speed is a UI related offense.

When it arrives, I'll give it a try.

Thanks everyone! :)

MrPinkPanther
14-07-2010, 07:50 AM
I'd rather have the Wildfire than the Curve simply because of Android ;D

HotelUser
17-07-2010, 05:26 AM

You have more than ME, and you're paying $15 short. Dear god North American phone companies suck!

I'd rather have the Wildfire than the Curve simply because of Android ;D

A prevailing reason, to be sure.

JACKTARD
17-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Can I just say that the android phone apps (The ones that come on the phone - Widgets, clocks etc) are really awful but the HTC ones which obviously come on HTCs are really good looking and there's a load of choice :)

Shar
18-07-2010, 07:18 PM
You have more than ME, and you're paying $15 short. Dear god North American phone companies suck!

A prevailing reason, to be sure.
Yes but you own the Nexus one which is VERY expensive in the UK (well I can't afford it anyway!)
It's available FREE from £35 and it includes the following:

£35
per month over 24 months
(http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/catalog/PlanDetailLightBox.jsp?planSkuId=sku2880034&dependantSkuIds=sku2410043&skuId=sku2880034&planName=sku2880034&buttonLabel=&omnitureVars=&serverName=&buttonUrl=)
minutes
Unlimited
texts
MB

and Nexus one owns Wildfire :rolleyes:

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!