PDA

View Full Version : Sky broadband upload speeds

Middlesbrough
12-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Ayt guys,

Wondering if anybody has sky internet (20mb speed) and could show me a speedtest for their uploads + downloads, any other ISP suggestions with high upload speeds for under £20/month would be appreciated

Flisker
13-07-2010, 10:17 AM
well for 20MB broadband, depending on your distance from the exchange you could get about 1.5 maybe 2MB/s

peteyt
13-07-2010, 03:55 PM
I used to be with Sky Broadband myself until they totaly ruined their packages.

I was on 8mb - not getting 8mb - they updated it I believe to 10mb but then decided to put on a very stupid cap like 10gb - could have been under. As I download a lot i would have had to pay for a speed I couldn't get to get unlimited downloads.

I'm now with 02 - 8mb - £7 a month if i top up £10 on my pay as you go mobile within every 3 months.

Stephen!
13-07-2010, 04:51 PM
cool story bro,

but you forgot to mention upload speeds

Flisker
13-07-2010, 07:52 PM
I used to be with Sky Broadband myself until they totaly ruined their packages.

I was on 8mb - not getting 8mb - they updated it I believe to 10mb but then decided to put on a very stupid cap like 10gb - could have been under. As I download a lot i would have had to pay for a speed I couldn't get to get unlimited downloads.

I'm now with 02 - 8mb - £7 a month if i top up £10 on my pay as you go mobile within every 3 months.
If your on O2 Home Access then I would get out now. Unless they've changed from when I was with them, the speeds were awful (talking about up to 0.9MB/s download on speedtest and BT speedtester).

N!ck
13-07-2010, 09:17 PM
AFAIK it's around 1 Mbit/s upload (the 16 Mbit/s download package).

You should take a look at Bethere/o2 (same network).

peteyt
14-07-2010, 02:56 PM
I cant remember the speeds sadly - 02 is okay but in the past they've had problems. I thought it was just me - websites wouldn't always load first time, but others experienced this - didn't seem to be just when they where doing work. But it seems fine now and although they have a fair usage policy i've never experienced and problems and im a heavy downloader.

All i can say is theres a lot of speedt tests out there but I wouldn't know which one to reccomend myself sadly.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!