PDA

View Full Version : I think I may have messed up my passport application...

Frodo13.
13-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Basically, I posted my application form yesterday. Was just reading through the booklet again, and I've supidly missed the part that says if I sent my fathers birth certificate at as a supporting document (which I did) I also needed to send my parents marriage certificate (which I didn't send). Any chance of getting away with this?

Camy
14-07-2010, 12:00 PM
I don't think so. Apparently they've got a lot stricter over the last year or two, so there's no chance. You might even have to go for an interview if it's your first one.

Special
14-07-2010, 12:15 PM
They send it back anyway telling you what you have missed

Frodo13.
19-07-2010, 09:02 AM
May have got away with it! They sent back my supporting doccuments this morning saying it's being processed, and I have my interview today too.

Samantha.
19-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Is the interview just to prove it's you or something?

Frodo13.
19-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Is the interview just to prove it's you or something?

I think so. It says on the application form that everyone applying for their first passport should have an interview, so it's just the standard thing now. I've heard they last 30 mins though :/

Misawa
19-07-2010, 01:54 PM
They say 30 mins, it lasts about 5 or less. They ask you a couple of easy security questions like how to spell your full name, etc. When you're white, British and a teenager, they don't exactly interrogate you.

Soy
19-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Passports are so overpriced

Edited by Mr-Trainor (Forum Super Moderator): please do not post pointlessly.

Sharon
19-07-2010, 03:33 PM
How did it go?

I'm guessing it was fine if they sent you something back!

Frodo13.
19-07-2010, 06:05 PM
How did it go?

I'm guessing it was fine if they sent you something back!

It went fine, and as Misawa said, it lasted no where near to the 30 mins mark, but like 5-10mins. They asked me stuff that was already on the form such as my my date of birth, where I was born, and also the same things about my parents. They also asked how many other adults lived in my house, and also asked me about the credit agreements I have. Also asked me the name and age of my countersigniture.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!