PDA

View Full Version : Your most hated levels/stages in games?

Camy
15-07-2010, 01:58 AM
Hey, this idea just occurred to me while I was playing some of my older games earlier.

I've always hated the chemical zone in Sonic the hedgehog 2. Don't really know why, it just annoys me greatly!

So yeah, what would be your most hated? Can be old or new games.

samsaBEAR
15-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Pretty much every chapter finale on Left 4 Dead 2, especially the bridge one, rage and a half trying to get the achievement for crossing it in under 3 minutes.
There are a few others that I can't think of atm but veteran MW2 Spec Ops on Snatch and Grab gave me and my friend a heap of problems, even the last tier of Spec Ops were easier

dbgtz
15-07-2010, 11:16 AM
cod4/waw veteran was a pisstake
mgs4 big boss mode

i only remember more recent games

Matthew
15-07-2010, 11:57 AM
i remember on simpsons hit and run i could never do the final mission, after hours of trying. that was years ago now though so it must have been hard for me to have remembered it :P

Jam
15-07-2010, 04:03 PM
the chemical zone in Sonic the hedgehog 2

I often play the Megadrive Sonic games and Stage 2 of that always gets me.

Judge Judy
15-07-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm playing Driver (on PSP and PS3 at times) and it seems President's Run is the hated one.

crazed
15-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Mw2 the favela mission on veteran took the piss.

The bosses on the bomber man game for ds used to kill me 24/7.

Mario also, the first one, I struggled to complete it.

Axel
15-07-2010, 10:15 PM
I know Obama's most hated level.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5077/1279216676246.png (http://img269.imageshack.us/i/1279216676246.png/)

j0rd
15-07-2010, 10:16 PM
One level on COD4
Took me 3 weeks in attempts to do it, in the end i just got a mate to come over and he done it first time.

samsaBEAR
16-07-2010, 11:01 AM
COD4 on Veteran is hard as ****, MW2 was challenging, but easy because of the limited spawns, but the mother******s in COD4 seem to be unstoppable

GommeInc
16-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Ah Chemical Zone to is annoying, and Wing Fortress was annoying before you found out you can skip most of it by jumping up in one area. Oh, and Marble Garden could be annoying to do.

I can't remember any other annoying levels in other games though :/

Lost_Addict
19-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Finding the last bloody orb on crackdown 2

Muct
19-07-2010, 10:05 AM
GTA IV - The first mission 'The Cousins Bellic' I just don't think it was a good opening mission to the game, I mean, could have had a bit of shooting, not driving your cousin around to his apartment!

Camy
19-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Ah Chemical Zone to is annoying, and Wing Fortress was annoying before you found out you can skip most of it by jumping up in one area. Oh, and Marble Garden could be annoying to do.

I can't remember any other annoying levels in other games though :/
Indeed lol.

I seem to hate any kind of water themed level, on any game, I've noticed. Was playing sonic 3 yesterday, and I hate the 'hydrocity zone' with a passion too.

Axel
19-07-2010, 03:04 PM
GTA IV - The first mission 'The Cousins Bellic' I just don't think it was a good opening mission to the game, I mean, could have had a bit of shooting, not driving your cousin around to his apartment!

Have you even played any of the other GTAs? All the first missions are like that. In San Andreas, it's riding a bike back from a cemetery, in GTA3 I think it's picking up a hooker and dropping her off, in Vice City if i recall correctly, it's also a driving mission. It's getting the first basic of the game out of the way, before it throws you straight into the action.

Ardemax
22-07-2010, 03:39 PM
ehhmmmm simpsons hit and run with the last mission again lol

and ummm for some reason i had a bit of bother with the mw2 campaign snow mission :S

GommeInc
22-07-2010, 04:01 PM
ehhmmmm simpsons hit and run with the last mission again lol
That game sucked, it was basically a taxi game, or a boring version of GTA with a timer :P

All missions were hated :P

Camy
23-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Have you even played any of the other GTAs? All the first missions are like that. In San Andreas, it's riding a bike back from a cemetery, in GTA3 I think it's picking up a hooker and dropping her off, in Vice City if i recall correctly, it's also a driving mission. It's getting the first basic of the game out of the way, before it throws you straight into the action.

I was thinking this, all the missions at the beginning of gta games are boring, but they're to ease you into the game, giving you the time to get used to the controls, and how the general game works. missions, targeting systems etc..

Empasm
24-07-2010, 04:16 AM
"No Fighting in the War Room" on Veteran in Call of Duty 4. It was so hard that I had to put it down for weeks and come back to it later.

I was just recently playing Mass Effect, and the battle with Mother Benezia is also pretty tough. But I am also really bad at the game so that might be it.

Moh
24-07-2010, 04:46 AM
A few levels on Hitman - I always feel the need to kill every ememy, but you got to be stealth :(

Assasins Creed was annoying too

Pixles
24-07-2010, 05:44 AM
i would have to say , cod4 veteran OR the final boss on mg3 snake eater , Or the the sniper from mg3

samsaBEAR
24-07-2010, 12:06 PM
i would have to say , cod4 veteran OR the final boss on mg3 snake eater , Or the the sniper from mg3
Oh man, that sniper. I did the PS2 clock forwarding trick haha, I got so annoyed at it. I didn't think the final boss was that hard though

Nemo
05-08-2010, 01:25 PM
The favela level on COD, eurghhhhhhhhhh when you go up the ladder and insta-die. Hate it.

Firehorse
07-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Levels which are frustrating and if you make the tiniest mistake, or the game does what you didn't want it to (Assassin's Creed 2) then you have to start it all over again.

Neversoft
07-08-2010, 12:22 PM
The Water Temple in Ocarina of Time, hands down.

GommeInc
09-08-2010, 08:28 PM
The Water Temple in Ocarina of Time, hands down.

Is that the one with the fish you have to enter? I vaguely remember that :S Was really confusing and creepy.

Neversoft
12-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Is that the one with the fish you have to enter? I vaguely remember that :S Was really confusing and creepy.

I don't remember anything about a fish but you need the Zora tunic if that's what you meant. It's just a massively frustrating maze with all the water levels, tricks, precise movements and such.

Urban Dictionary pretty much sums it up, haha.

'Considered by many to be the equivalent to a complete rectal examination. The Water Temple from Zelda 64, which has to be the hardest, most difficult level known to man. Ever. Filled with traps, mazes, puzzles, illusions, and who knows how many times you have to raise and lower the water level. Every gamer I have spoken with has only rude, vulgar things to say about the Water Temple - and many stories of trial and error - using the wrong keys on the wrong doors, saving and screwing up in the wrong places, forgetting which rooms were which... it's a hellhole. It is also used outside of the gaming world to describe a problem that is virtually impossible to solve. The only thing I don't get is why they put the hardest level in the middle of the game.'

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=water+temple

Camy
12-08-2010, 06:06 PM

I don't remember anything about a fish but you need the Zora tunic if that's what you meant. It's just a massively frustrating maze with all the water levels, tricks, precise movements and such.

Urban Dictionary pretty much sums it up, haha.

'Considered by many to be the equivalent to a complete rectal examination. The Water Temple from Zelda 64, which has to be the hardest, most difficult level known to man. Ever. Filled with traps, mazes, puzzles, illusions, and who knows how many times you have to raise and lower the water level. Every gamer I have spoken with has only rude, vulgar things to say about the Water Temple - and many stories of trial and error - using the wrong keys on the wrong doors, saving and screwing up in the wrong places, forgetting which rooms were which... it's a hellhole. It is also used outside of the gaming world to describe a problem that is virtually impossible to solve. The only thing I don't get is why they put the hardest level in the middle of the game.'

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=water+temple
The fish one was the second temple/dungeon as young link was it not?

And that is a pretty good description of it, I think I broke a n64 controller playing that temple, just got so frustrated it got swiftly thrown on the ground.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!