PDA

View Full Version : Something I found... (Sort of a tip)

T@R
15-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Eh, I was like a few hundred exp from a prayer level yesterday and didn't want to go below the 1000k mark in cash, so I thought of heading to hill or moss giants, but then it hit me, big bones offer 15 exp, and normal bones give 4.5 exp.
Thats just over 3 times as much.
But surely I could kill more than 3 chickens in the time it takes me to kill a giant?
Also factoring in the fact the F2Pers swamp hill giants like mad, and moss giants take a good 5 minutes to reach.
So yeah just a little tip for F2Pers trying to raise prayer without spending any cash; go to the larger chicken coup (the one across the bridge from Lumbridge) and just collect the bones that are left on the floor, and if worst comes to worst, just 1 hit the chickens yourself. Much faster prayer exp than battling with 100 people for 1 hill giant, that can take a few hits to kill.

Another thing I found there, is that people are starting to collect raw chickens more, due to them being 160gp each on the G.E because of summoning, but that what nobody ever collects is the bones. I decided to do a price check, and it turns out they are 185 gp each!
Just think on a packed world, you could run in, pick up 28 bones and leave in the space of 2-5 minutes! 5K for no work in minimum time.
If you were lucky, you could get a full invent banked, and return within 5 minutes, so thats 60k Gp per hour, or 1.5k prayer exp per hour if you choose to bury instead of bank. (Which is faster than most high levelled players at any form of giant.)

So yeah, this is just something to consider, and if you don't believe me, try it out yourself.
Obviously this is for F2P only though!

Kyle
15-07-2010, 11:47 AM
most people collect big bones either to sell or casually bury whilst training. Who'd sit there killing chickens to get prayer up lol

T@R
15-07-2010, 11:49 AM
A lot of F2Pers can't afford to buy all the big bones they'd need to power level prayer, hence why its commonly most F2Pers lowest skill.
This is a quicker alternative to killing giants. Faster prayer exp at a sacrifice of the combat exp you'd get at giants.

Kyle
15-07-2010, 11:51 AM
combat > prayer

T@R
15-07-2010, 12:01 PM
A general opinion is that combat is better than prayer, but prayer still needs to be trained, whether for gaining a few combat levels, or adding to total.

scottish
15-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Thats pretty much common sense........... lol

Nothing really a tip

and most people on this forum aren't lvl 3 combat so know how to do prayer and how to make money, 5k an hour is absolutely crap, even for low combat

T@R
15-07-2010, 12:18 PM
The money was 60k an hour, and i didn't say it was amazing, and to be fair, some of the questions i've seen on this forum lead me to believe there are a few low level players about.
My calculations might be wrong seeing as i haven't tested them.
But if the opinion is that this is pointless, then just get someone to lock the thread.

scottish
15-07-2010, 12:20 PM
The money was 60k an hour, and i didn't say it was amazing, and to be fair, some of the questions i've seen on this forum lead me to believe there are a few low level players about.
My calculations might be wrong seeing as i haven't tested them.
But if the opinion is that this is pointless, then just get someone to lock the thread.

people quit and come back after time = dont know as much as they used to = ask questions about new stuff

Kyle
15-07-2010, 12:21 PM
most of the active runescape forum section posters are like 110+ lol

MJJ
15-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Wouldn't it be better to spend that time making cash some other way, then spending that cash on buying bones for prayer, rather than wasting time picking up bones?
If someone was poor, it would be better if they trained combat at the Stronghold of Security for example, and buried the bones they get from monsters there. That way their gaining both combat experience and prayer experience, and possibly making some cash as well.

BobX
15-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the tip, atleast you're trying to help other players!

[Jay]
15-07-2010, 05:07 PM
I dont know if there is one now, but there used to be a graveyard in wildy, it had big bones and small bones great xp for low levels.

T@R
15-07-2010, 07:06 PM
They removed the big bones from that graveyard ^

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!