PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Email scam (Pretty clever stuff)

Pyroka
15-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Basically just got an email, looked fully legit and I clicked on it but didn't input my details because obviously well... yeah. It told me that my account was gonna expire in 7 days if it wasnt verified.

Anyway, checked through the headers and yeah it kept saying it was from [email protected] but then I noticed the name of the PC that it was sent from.

The PC was called *REMOVED*, idk who the hell that is but yeah. Got the ip of the sod too, *REMOVED*, (hey, not naming and shaming ;))

Anyway, the link on the email sends you to a '*REMOVED*' page which is totally fake yknow, didn't even have the security so just watch it yeah guys? Almost caught me out, regardless I've changed my pw just in case.

Edited by scott (Forum Moderator): Please do not post details of scammers and links to potentially dangerous sites.

leer34$
15-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Nice Find! Some people are tricky these days. :)

Arron
15-07-2010, 08:50 PM
these are getting better as the years go by...
one time it was

type your password then press control and m to get free coins (m stands for money)

nice find :)

Gibs960
15-07-2010, 08:53 PM
these are getting better as the years go by...
one time it was

nice find :)
I remember that particular scam, that was only about a year ago people used to do that... These sort of scams are getting more popular though... scares me tbh :(

,elaboratedolls
16-07-2010, 04:58 PM
:L OMG. I remember when everybody used to say "type your pass, but dont enter it, press ctrl m instead" xD loadsa noobs fell for it. :/ Sometimes people might say "If you type your pass in it will turn up like ****" or something like that. Btw, that dont work ;] Habbo will recognise your pass when you type it in on the client as an ordinary word but sometimes with numbers but like when some people write H1! Basically, never type your pass at all anywhere! Apart from logging on to ACTUAL habbo. cause, you wont be able to get on your acc if you dont log on;)

Mathew
17-07-2010, 03:22 PM
I remember actually trying (back when I first joined Habbo in 05) to see if my password would come up as stars :P

scottish
17-07-2010, 03:24 PM
This thread is pretty much ******* useless now as its all been removed

nice 1 scott

Camy
19-07-2010, 04:45 PM
I remember that particular scam, that was only about a year ago people used to do that... These sort of scams are getting more popular though... scares me tbh :(

I remember actually trying (back when I first joined Habbo in 05) to see if my password would come up as stars :P

As above said, that ones been around since '05 at least, and it wouldn't surprise me if its been around longer. I'm surprised people ever fell for it.

and as scott said, this thread is kind of pointless now.

.:TRUTHSTAR
19-07-2010, 05:44 PM
i fell for 1 of them once and lost 3t

Wonderful
19-07-2010, 10:15 PM
yeah the mods on this forum are stupid lol.
thanks tho xoxo

Phil
19-07-2010, 11:42 PM

I did this, I went into my room and tried it when nobody was there.

Lew
20-07-2010, 12:53 PM
I did this, I went into my room and tried it when nobody was there.

Same here :D

triston220
22-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Never even visit the sites in those emails. The link could be a java-driveby.

lPinoy
22-07-2010, 09:34 PM

Same haha, back in 2005 I actually got hacked for doing that. I'm glad it was only a Blue HC Chair though.

lTraditional
22-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Same haha, back in 2005 I actually got hacked for doing that. I'm glad it was only a Blue HC Chair though.

Yes same :) I actually thought it would work and i fell for the MSN scam when people pretended to be Lost_Witness and if we gave out pass then we would recieve free furni. I was actually rich then so I was very disappointed! Bad days.

Nuxty
22-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Thanks for pointing all this out Ryan!

I got a fake e-mail a couple of days back aswell - looked really real!!

,elaboratedolls
06-08-2010, 10:16 AM

same :/ but didnt get hacked as i changed my pass really quickly:D

Nemo
06-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Well if u ever get an email from any site, unless you know u wanted it (like reset PW), then just dont click it. Easy enough.

,elaboratedolls
12-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Well if u ever get an email from any site, unless you know u wanted it (like reset PW), then just dont click it. Easy enough.

Yup. Also if you do get an email from an unknown person with a link in it, don't click the link, instead, to find out it's real, type the address in the url bar;) If it comes up with something blank or like the picture at the bottom, you know clicking the hyperlink on the email would've been some bad news:( So basically, don't click a link unless its from someone you know:D

lTraditional
12-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Yup. Also if you do get an email from an unknown person with a link in it, don't click the link, instead, to find out it's real, type the address in the url bar;) If it comes up with something blank or like the picture at the bottom, you know clicking the hyperlink on the email would've been some bad news:( So basically, don't click a link unless its from someone you know:D

About the 'Don't click it unless it is from somebody you know' - what happened if their email got hacked? On topic, I haven't actually tried it tbh so thanks for posting that tip and I haven't thought about doing it either ;)

Icemaniceice
12-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Thanks for pointing all this out Ryan!

I got a fake e-mail a couple of days back aswell - looked really real!!

Same for me, I'm starting to get these every week either from habbo or WoW, it kinda sucks...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!