PDA

View Full Version : Rule A4

flatface
15-07-2010, 10:45 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=656394&p=6612223#post6612223

Here is the thread that explains my situation so you understand why I think the rule should be edited.

What are your opinions?

I think it needs to be made more clear!

Tintinnabulate
15-07-2010, 10:46 PM
If its not bullying then it should be allowed (to link to CHF).

Hecktix
15-07-2010, 10:47 PM
What would you like it changing to? It's fair enough suggesting that it should be clarified, but you could make a suggestion :P

It's always been one of the rules I don't particularly like as it doesn't really distinguish between what you can post of other members and what you can post of yourself.

Tintinnabulate
15-07-2010, 10:48 PM
What would you like it changing to? It's fair enough suggesting that it should be clarified, but you could make a suggestion :P

It's always been one of the rules I don't particularly like as it doesn't really distinguish between what you can post of other members and what you can post of yourself.

Look at the post above.

hah
15-07-2010, 10:48 PM
free josh
remove this unpleasant warning from his account!

tbh a lot of the rules are unclear same with faq
has it been redone yet

Tintinnabulate
15-07-2010, 10:49 PM
free josh
remove this unpleasant warning from his account!

tbh a lot of the rules are unclear same with faq
has it been redone yet

Will be by the end of this month according to Garion.

flatface
15-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Oli if you took time to read my thread before closing it, you would understand what I wanted changed about it...

Hecktix
15-07-2010, 10:50 PM
This thread is not to discuss Josh's warning and should it turn into a discussion about a specific warning the thread will be closed.

If you think the rule should be changed, then please state what you think should change, the thread is not to discuss whether a warning is fair or not.

@ Graham, FAQ will be done by the end of the month.

Tintinnabulate
15-07-2010, 10:52 PM
If you think the rule should be changed, then please state what you think should change, the thread is not to discuss whether a warning is fair or not.

For the second time, read post number 2.

flatface
15-07-2010, 10:53 PM
That I posted a link to a photobooth thread and got warned for it, I didnt technically break the rule so therefore if youre going to warn people for it, it needs to be added.

Hecktix
15-07-2010, 10:54 PM
For the second time, read post number 2.

You are referring to a link to CHF :S Which is involved with Josh's warning, we aren't going to add something about CHF to our rules :S

At the end of the day, if a member posts a picture on one website, it's not saying they want it to be on another website.

flatface
15-07-2010, 10:55 PM
You are referring to a link to CHF :S Which is involved with Josh's warning, we aren't going to add something about CHF to our rules :S

At the end of the day, if a member posts a picture on one website, it's not saying they want it to be on another website.

Add it to the rules then

Tintinnabulate
15-07-2010, 10:55 PM

CHF was an example ... :S :S :S

Hecktix
15-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Add what to the rules, that you aren't allowed to link to a page where you are aware there is a picture of another user :S Surely that is posting a link to a picture of another user...

xxMATTGxx
15-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Posting a link to another website that contains an image of a user that did not give permission to be posted on this forum is breaking the forum rules. If you wish to post that link of that person for whatever reason then you must get permission, if there is no permission then you will be dealt with for breaking the rule. Because they did not give permission for their photos or information to be posted on HabboxForum.com, even if they did post it on another forum.

Man, that might not even sound clear. But it should get the point across.

Tintinnabulate
15-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Can we even link to the main thread on CHF? Stuff like that is not clear.

flatface
15-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Posting a link to another website that contains an image of a user that did not give permission to be posted on this forum is breaking the forum rules. If you wish to post that link of that person for whatever reason then you must get permission, if there is no permission then you will be dealt with for breaking the rule. Because they did not give permission for their photos or information to be posted on HabboxForum.com, even if they did post it on another forum.

Man, that might not even sound clear. But it should get the point across.

I didn't post their photos onto the forum, I posted a link to another forum...

xxMATTGxx
15-07-2010, 10:59 PM
I didn't post their photos onto the forum, I posted a link to another forum...

Which was directly linked to the post where that member posted a picture of themselves. They posted it on THAT website, not HabboxForum. Therefore you do not have permission to post it on this forum without permission.

flatface
15-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Which was directly linked to the post where that member posted a picture of themselves. They posted it on THAT website, not HabboxForum. Therefore you do not have permission to post it on this forum without permission.

The link directed to the post underneath the image. What you just said isn't clear within rule a4, so I think it needs to be.

Hecktix
15-07-2010, 11:01 PM
The link directed to the post underneath the image. What you just said isn't clear within rule a4, so I think it needs to be.

A4. Do not post private details or information ~ We do not allow you to post private information about yourself due to security concerns. Disclosing any information about another forum user without their consent is also not allowed. This includes:

Private messages
Reputation comments
Private conversations (MSN, Habbo, etc.)
Images / videos of the user or links to a page where an image/video of another user is located (this includes social networking sites, facebook, myspace etc)
Trying to organize real life meet-ups
It is also not allowed to give out the personal details (specific address, phone number etc) of anyone, forum user or otherwise.

After speaking with Matt I understand what you are saying, is this the above clearer?

xxMATTGxx
15-07-2010, 11:02 PM

Nope, it goes directly to the post where the image is stored. I believe Oli is slightly editing Rule A4. :) (Read above)

Tintinnabulate
[/LIST]
After speaking with Matt I understand what you are saying, is this the above clearer?

So under that, we can't even link to the CHF PAPOY thread?

flatface
[/LIST]

Yes finally, i'm happy with that... Now for this awful misunderstanding can I have my warning reversed as you now understand what I've been saying.

Tintinnabulate
15-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Yes finally, i'm happy with that... Now for this awful misunderstanding can I have my warning reversed as you now understand what I've been saying.

Watch this thread get closed now that you have said that.

Merged by xxMATTGxx (General Manager): Accidental post due to forum lag.

flatface
15-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Watch this thread get closed now you have said that.

Its only fair

Hecktix
15-07-2010, 11:35 PM

No, the warning was still fair for reasons stated by MG.

GommeInc
16-07-2010, 09:12 AM
He technically hasn't broken the rule, so the warning is void as you seem to of made up a rule to warn him with as none of the examples cover linking to websites that have pictures of another forum member. You only cover social networking sites like Bebo and Facebook, and seeing as ClubHabbo Forum is a forum it's not really the same :P You might as well edit the rule so it states that you cannot link to a website page that has pictures of another member (do not say "link to any website, as that means you cannot link to any website like ClubHabbo Forum as it contains photos of other people in a broader sense :P)

Hecktix
16-07-2010, 11:00 AM
He technically hasn't broken the rule, so the warning is void as you seem to of made up a rule to warn him with as none of the examples cover linking to websites that have pictures of another forum member. You only cover social networking sites like Bebo and Facebook, and seeing as ClubHabbo Forum is a forum it's not really the same :P You might as well edit the rule so it states that you cannot link to a website page that has pictures of another member (do not say "link to any website, as that means you cannot link to any website like ClubHabbo Forum as it contains photos of other people in a broader sense :P)

The rule has always been that and other users have been contacted for breaking it in the same way before with no issue, posting links to images of other users is posting links to images of other users at the end of the day.

This thread was not to discuss the warning (as it is turning out) so thread closed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!