PDA

View Full Version : Parents guide

dementedpixel
06-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Can my child's Habbo Credits or 'Furni' be stolen?

The question is can my childs credits/furni stolen?

Not if your child keeps their password secret. Someone else needs to know their password to check into the Hotel as them and take their 'furni' or spend their Credits. Unfortunately, children are very trusting and can be taken in by scammers. To counteract this we developed Scam Busters, which provides information and advice on how to keep Habbo accounts secure.

If you do not have any anti virus software, your computer could be at risk from keyloggers, which are files sent to you via email or instant messengers. To learn more about protecting your PC visit www.hobtech.net the Hobba Tech Team website.

Is this true?I dont think so
Also,Do you get hacked alot?
Tell your parents!

Toe.
06-08-2005, 12:27 PM
It's True and it isn't true, it was practicly true when habbo v6 was about but now v7 it's false :s

mat64
06-08-2005, 01:50 PM
News ? :s

Tommy
06-08-2005, 01:54 PM
i believe this is news. And some of the "Hackings" are down to well hidden keyloggers, some people are just way to stubborn to admit it. They have a good point in that and all of it is true. But yeh they should add there to insecure to let "hackers" give them keyloggers, why advise us? When there not doing it themselves.

GommeInc
06-08-2005, 01:55 PM
It didnt actually fully answer can your children furni be taken and they are basically open mindedly lying to parents, furni can be stolen because of bad security from housekeeping and the fact the maximum digits you can have in a password is 9 digit (letters/numbers). I think this should be raised so many more people can have secure accounts from password guessing. Maybe raise it to 30 digits max?

Chimed
06-08-2005, 02:14 PM
It didnt actually fully answer can your children furni be taken and they are basically open mindedly lying to parents, furni can be stolen because of bad security from housekeeping and the fact the maximum digits you can have in a password is 9 digit (letters/numbers). I think this should be raised so many more people can have secure accounts from password guessing. Maybe raise it to 30 digits max?

30 max? lol

GommeInc
06-08-2005, 02:24 PM
You can get many sites that have max passwords like that. Minimum input is about 6 like they have now so it wont do harm to anyone but I think having a system like that will stop the guessing.

Tommy
06-08-2005, 02:26 PM
And will get a lot more forgotten passwords =S
I wouldnt want a long password.

Chimed
06-08-2005, 02:29 PM
You can get many sites that have max passwords like that. Minimum input is about 6 like they have now so it wont do harm to anyone but I think having a system like that will stop the guessing.

Don't forget, in housekeeping they can just get your pass anyway.

GommeInc
06-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Password Recovery is simple, you get an auto reply with 5 mins (that's how long it takes for me) and if you didnt want to forget then dont make a long password =/ Besides, the best passwords are one you can remember, maybe a phrase?

Don't forget, in housekeeping they can just get your pass anyway.
That's why I didn't mention it, thats not really apart of my lecture.

FRISC0
07-08-2005, 08:38 AM
Omg i think i might just go tell my mum i got hacked!!! :o she MIGHT (not) send an email (if she knew how?)

Joe.
07-08-2005, 08:51 AM
its a simple question :) Can ure childs furni be stolen?

YES

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!