PDA

View Full Version : HxHD Rules

Dean
17-07-2010, 01:07 AM
I have just read through the new HxHD rules and even though there are some alterations, the old rules and the new rules are pretty much basically the same.

Old Rules:
1) Don't bully or abuse other users
2) Don't be racist
3) Don't flood, spam or advertise other fansites
4) Don't impersonate staff
5) Abide by the Habbo and Fansite way

New Rules:
1) Don't flood or spam other fansites
2) Follow the Habbo and Fansite way
3) Don't impersonate staff

So what you've done is, removed 1 and 2. Let's look at the old rules if you remove 1 and 2.

Old Rules:
3) Don't flood, spam or advertise other fansites
4) Don't impersonate staff
5) Abide by the Habbo and Fansite way

New Rules:
1) Don't flood or spam other fansites (OLD RULE)
2) Follow the Habbo and Fansite way (OLD RULE)
3) Don't impersonate staff (OLD RULE)

Exactly the same as the new rules. All you've done is taken 1 and 2 and just said "Abide by the Habbo and Fansite way". So you've basically done nothing to change the rules. So instead of telling us not to be racist, abusive or to bully, you're just saying go by the Habbo Way which states...

* Do not bully, harass or abuse other players; avoid violent or aggressive behaviour.

I know there's been banning changes and some other updates but seriously, the old and new rules are exactly the same, just worded different.

Hecktix
17-07-2010, 01:09 AM
It's not about the wording of the rules it's about the way they are enforced which is something I believe HxHD and General Management have targetted to improve.

xxMATTGxx
17-07-2010, 01:21 AM
There is no reason to get rid of all the rules though. There is actually no need for anyone in the room to flood/spam or to break the habbo way or impersonate staff. There is changes on how you are going to be dealt and punished for breaking the new rules or new worded rules like you care calling them.

Can I ask what do you actually want? To be able to flood and break the habbo way freely? :S

Josh
17-07-2010, 01:47 AM
@Matt No. Just to enforce the HabboWay more and use common sense.

Dean
17-07-2010, 02:04 AM
What's the point in having rules if you're just saying "abide by the Habbo Way" anyway? ;s

HotelUser
17-07-2010, 02:35 AM
The day we allow for racism, bullying and flooding 50 lines of a fish alt will be the day I happily pass in my resignation of manager as the department :P

The significant changes here are what the staff perceive these rules to be. A staff guide is currently being constructed to bring all the help desk staff to a fair standard of room moderation.

Grig
17-07-2010, 07:06 AM
Imo, the rules are fine and they're not the problem. I don't get why not being racist etc. shouldn't be on the rules. It's about the way they're enforced and staff using their common sense in situations which needs to be raised.

xxMATTGxx
17-07-2010, 07:49 AM
What's the point in having rules if you're just saying "abide by the Habbo Way" anyway? ;s

Because you can't always trust the hotel's moderation to deal with users who is breaking the Habbo way. So to stop them from carrying on saying rude things or flooding in that room, HxHD has it's own moderation.

Alex3213
17-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Because you can't always trust the hotel's moderation to deal with users who is breaking the Habbo way. So to stop them from carrying on saying rude things or flooding in that room, HxHD has it's own moderation.

Very well said, the rules have been relaxed by quite a lot so I think it's pointless being picky.

Richie
17-07-2010, 09:08 AM
I think the new rules are fine, however I can see were Dean is coming from, why should there be rules for specific things if they already fall under 'follow the habbo way'.

I say scrap all the rules and just have 'follow the habbo way' if people break those rules then kick them, it will make it easier for staff and if people are like 'why am I banned' you can direct them to the habbo way page and explain what rule they broke. Obviously I'm not saying allow racism, flooding or bullying as those are against the habbo way anyway, so if people break the habbo way kick them.

xxMATTGxx
17-07-2010, 09:16 AM
I think the new rules are fine, however I can see were Dean is coming from, why should there be rules for specific things if they already fall under 'follow the habbo way'.

I say scrap all the rules and just have 'follow the habbo way' if people break those rules then kick them, it will make it easier for staff and if people are like 'why am I banned' you can direct them to the habbo way page and explain what rule they broke. Obviously I'm not saying allow racism, flooding or bullying as those are against the habbo way anyway, so if people break the habbo way kick them.

I don't believe flooding comes under the Habbo Way, hence that rule.

Becca
17-07-2010, 09:34 AM
I like the new rules, they're simple and to the point. As long give a valid reason for kicking you I'm happy. I can't stand it when staff kick you then you ask why and you get kicked again. I don't get why it happened before but like I said, I hope the new rules will be alright and HxHD would be less dramatic.

Richie
17-07-2010, 09:38 AM
I don't believe flooding comes under the Habbo Way, hence that rule.

Oh, it used to be. Surely you could have two simple rules 'Follow the habbo way' & 'Do not flood/spam'.

xxMATTGxx
17-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Oh, it used to be. Surely you could have two simple rules 'Follow the habbo way' & 'Do not flood/spam'.

Well there is three simple rules of:

3) Don't impersonate staff.

:P

Dean
17-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Well there is three simple rules of:

3) Don't impersonate staff.

:P

Which are the same as the previous rules?

xxMATTGxx
17-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Which are the same as the previous rules?

I'm not willing to change the rules so you are allowed to flood in the room. Regarding the Habbo way, here is my other post:

The 3rd rule is pretty normal to be honest.

Dean
17-07-2010, 12:32 PM
All I'm saying is that you've made no changes to the new rules, they're the same as the old rules. So why have you said you've changed the rules when you've just "abide the habbo way" instead of "don't be abusive or racist"

HotelUser
17-07-2010, 02:02 PM
All I'm saying is that you've made no changes to the new rules, they're the same as the old rules. So why have you said you've changed the rules when you've just "abide the habbo way" instead of "don't be abusive or racist"

What did you think we were going to do. Allow for people to prance around insulting people, being racist, or flooding fish :P

We removed bullying and racism from the rule list because they were already on the Habbo way. In the sense of organization of duplicate rules, we're now more organized than prior to the rule change.

scottish
17-07-2010, 02:08 PM
The day we allow for racism, bullying and flooding 50 lines of a fish alt will be the day I happily pass in my resignation of manager as the department :P

The significant changes here are what the staff perceive these rules to be. A staff guide is currently being constructed to bring all the help desk staff to a fair standard of room moderation.

What a great day it will be.

but i c wot u mean dean@@

Alex3213
17-07-2010, 02:12 PM

I hardly think abusing a user whilst flooding a load of fish is going to be acceptable.

HotelUser
17-07-2010, 04:16 PM
I hardly think abusing a user whilst flooding a load of fish is going to be acceptable.

It's not, and for painfully obvious reasons it's never going to be.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!