PDA

View Full Version : Mac "Word"

Aces
17-07-2010, 04:09 AM
What's the best writing software for a mac? Preferably free, from my understanding there is already a version of word for mac.

HotelUser
17-07-2010, 05:18 AM
I prefer Apple Pages, simply because for me it seems to open quicker.

Microsoft's Office 2008 for Mac is also quite good.

For something free there's always Open Office: http://www.openoffice.org/

Recursion
17-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Apple Pages is better than Mac:Word
Mac:Excel is better than Apple Numbers.

I stuck with MS Word, I tried a trial of Apple Pages and I just hated it in comparison.

N!ck
17-07-2010, 09:56 AM
MS Office for Mac is horrible. I boot camp and use the real office when I need to use it.

Open Office is probably a better alternative?

Recursion
17-07-2010, 03:28 PM
MS Office for Mac is horrible. I boot camp and use the real office when I need to use it.

As nice as OSS is, OO.O is terrible! :P

You could run the PC version of MS Office using VMWare Fusion or something?

HotelUser
17-07-2010, 04:20 PM

That has got to be, one of the most silly ways of accomplishing a task I have ever seen :P

Apolva
17-07-2010, 04:57 PM
I just use pages and numbers, MS office is slowwww.

N!ck
17-07-2010, 08:05 PM
That has got to be, one of the most silly ways of accomplishing a task I have ever seen :P

No, the Mac version of office is one of the most silly ways of accomplishing an office task I have ever seen.

HotelUser
17-07-2010, 11:34 PM
No, the Mac version of office is one of the most silly ways of accomplishing an office task I have ever seen.

You could use Apple Pages?

You could use vmware, virtualbox or parallels?

N!ck
17-07-2010, 11:44 PM
You could use Apple Pages?

You could use vmware, virtualbox or parallels?

Windows 7 runs natively. Why wouldn't I if I have it?

HotelUser
17-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Windows 7 runs natively. Why wouldn't I if I have it?

Because you're booting out of the operating system you paid $700 more to get to use another one for the sake of ONE application when you could use an alternative without going through the hassle of booting down and up and down and up.

xxMATTGxx
18-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Because you're booting out of the operating system you paid $700 more to get to use another one for the sake of ONE application when you could use an alternative without going through the hassle of booting down and up and down and up.

You will be quite surprised how many people who dual boot Windows on their MacBook's. Just goes to show eh? If he wants to use Microsoft Office which is dam good on Windows, then he will!

Recursion
18-07-2010, 08:44 AM

I use it for games, MS Office and all sorts... Unfortunatly Team Fortress runs like crap under OS X, but wonderfully in Windows on my MB.

HotelUser
19-07-2010, 04:27 AM
This is why I bought the iMac and a Quad core. Though the quad collects dust and works as a gruntbox because Windows tends to infuriate me, it does have it's uses. I don't have time to game anymore.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!