PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] I have lost everything - IMPORTANT

Gimmedanger
20-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Hi,

My Habbo username is Bootcamp.

I've had this account since 2003.

I haven't been keeping track of what has been going on in habbo, admittedly, but I logged on yesterday to find that all my furni, in all of my rooms, has vanished. Everything. Now, I am not willing to say how much money I have spent on credits/coins over the years, but it has got to be triple figures. I e-mailed Habbo in a panic, because my password is safe as houses, I have been using the same one for seven years and have NEVER been hacked/scammed.

Basically, the reply I received was an extremely poor excuse, stating that "Sorry, looks like you've been hacked :( keep your password safe and use our FAQS!"

Unfortunately for Habbo, I am not young or naive enough to accept their petty excuse. Can anyone give me ANY background info on why this would have happened, as I also noticed that I'm not using Habbo.co.uk any more? Extremely angry that Habbo haven't been of any help at all, and the time and money I have spent on designing loads of rooms totally went to waste.

Cheers

Bootcamp

Mathew
20-07-2010, 08:31 PM
I was in the same position as you a couple of years ago. I signed up to Habbo in 2005 having no problems at all until May of 2008, I log on.. and everything is gone. I'm still non-the-wiser how it happened, but it did.

Best of luck getting anything back, I didn't.

Nemo
20-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Well some hackers take everything and then leave u the account, no point changing the pass since that'd just inconvenience you and they'd gain nothing. So yes, looks like you'v ebeen hacked.

And "not changed my pass for 7 years", yeh, that's where you went wrong mate

Gimmedanger
20-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Well some hackers take everything and then leave u the account, no point changing the pass since that'd just inconvenience you and they'd gain nothing. So yes, looks like you'v ebeen hacked.

And "not changed my pass for 7 years", yeh, that's where you went wrong mate

Like I said, my password is safe, like, you'd have to be Derren Brown to crack my password, hence why my account had never been touched in the past seven years. Also, some of my rooms have decreased in size.

Matthew
20-07-2010, 09:24 PM
When was the last time you logged onto habbo before realising that everything had gone?

Sabrina
20-07-2010, 09:24 PM
There are keyloggers (which log everything you type) and stealers (which take saved passwords from your computer). It doesn't matter how complex your password is, if you downloaded an infected file, you're screwed.

Gimmedanger
21-07-2010, 12:23 AM
There are keyloggers (which log everything you type) and stealers (which take saved passwords from your computer). It doesn't matter how complex your password is, if you downloaded an infected file, you're screwed.

I hadn't logged in previously for a couple of months.

I am fully aware of keyloggers, hackers etc. I am old enough to know not to accept any dodgy files. I'm not an active member of Habbo, 99% of my friends list are Habbo accounts which are 5 years old and more, and they don't get used. I keep myself to myself, I design(ed) rooms and trade a little.

So unless Habbo's security system and firewall is extrmely flawed again, and hackers (using professional programs, not scams) are back in the hotel, I have not been hacked. Like I said, my rooms are smaller, no windows on any rooms etc. I am certain that this is to do with Habbos software, not me.

Art
21-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Do you actually still care about Habbo? I mean, yeah it is a shame that you got hacked, but is it worth getting upset over?

The money it cost you in the first place isn't coming back anyway (hacked or not) :P

Just saying this because it seems like you didn't play anymore anyway, making your furniture/credits/hcmembership/whatever useless. I don't mean to come across as rude D:

I don't think it's Habbo's fault either otherwise you wouldn't be the only one complaining :P.

OhLiam
21-07-2010, 01:35 AM
I hate to be the one to defend Habbo as much as I hate Sulake, the fact of the matter is that you have been hacked and Habbo does not hold themselves responsible for what your supposed to keep safe. You say that Habbo are making an excuse well they really are not because it's all marked down in the terms and conditions and its not like Sulake have accessed your account and cleared it.

Also same password for 7years? you should have been expecting to get hacked. I find it funny that you keep insisting that it's Habbo and not you when clearly it can't be anything else.

Memorilla
21-07-2010, 03:49 AM
When you logged in and realized your furniture was missing, did you check the "Last signed in" part?

Josh
21-07-2010, 04:30 AM
Stop shifting the blame. You were hacked, end of story. Sorry to say. It doesn't matter how weird or complicated your password was, if you downloaded one file that was infected... you were hooked. They are good to hide viruses in that seems to be legitimate programs.

Sabrina
21-07-2010, 06:05 AM
I hadn't logged in previously for a couple of months.

I am fully aware of keyloggers, hackers etc. I am old enough to know not to accept any dodgy files. I'm not an active member of Habbo, 99% of my friends list are Habbo accounts which are 5 years old and more, and they don't get used. I keep myself to myself, I design(ed) rooms and trade a little.

So unless Habbo's security system and firewall is extrmely flawed again, and hackers (using professional programs, not scams) are back in the hotel, I have not been hacked. Like I said, my rooms are smaller, no windows on any rooms etc. I am certain that this is to do with Habbos software, not me.

Stealers can take passwords that are stored in your computer that you have used at any time. Regardless of how long ago it was. I highly doubt it had to do with Habbo's software. If it did, why you? Surely there are better targets out there. Anyway, I understand you don't want to take responsibility, but it's not Sulake's fault. You should be changing your password at LEAST once per year, at the very MINIMUM. Having the same password for 7 years on anything is foolish.

---------- Post added 20-07-2010 at 11:07 PM ----------

Stop shifting the blame. You were hacked, end of story. Sorry to say. It doesn't matter how weird or complicated your password was, if you downloaded one file that was infected... you were hooked. They are good to hide viruses in that seems to be legitimate programs.
Exactly. There are programs that bind legitimate files with infected ones. And then there are other programs to encrypt those so that they are undetectable. You could be infected and not know it. Just be glad that all they got was your habbo. It could be a LOT worse.

,elaboratedolls
21-07-2010, 04:58 PM
When you logged in and realized your furniture was missing, did you check the "Last signed in" part?

Always check that on your homepage whenever you think you've been hacked. Seeing as you last logged in a couple of months ago, the date that you last logged in should be something like 4-6-08 or something like that. However if its 14-7-10 its most likely that you've been hacked. Oh btw, the reason your not on .co.uk is because all english speaking hotels (Uk, singapore, USA and Australia) merged onto .com and thats that. when you go on the login, click on merge account if you type in .co.uk . Normally I would change my password every so often lets say... every 3 months? If you have like a proper hard pass that you think no one could guess, i'd still change it every so often but every 6 months. Its always best to be safe than sorry ;)

---------- Post added 21-07-2010 at 06:02 PM ----------

Exactly. There are programs that bind legitimate files with infected ones. And then there are other programs to encrypt those so that they are undetectable. You could be infected and not know it. Just be glad that all they got was your habbo. It could be a LOT worse.

Yes, I'm glad all they got was your habbo. If it was more serious, it could be a whole lot worse, it could even wipe out all of your hardware and even destroy your computer. Always make sure you know what your downloading. If your visiting a website that you've never finished, I suggest using Google Chrome internet browser so if the website your visiting has a little ! in the url near the search button, its possible that the website has a virus coded in there somewhere.

Gimmedanger
21-07-2010, 11:41 PM
I'm not shifting the blame here, but I have never downloaded any dangerous files, be it music, programs, images etc. I am not stupid. Neither am I shifting the blame. Yes, I am finding it difficult to get my head around how I have lost hundreds of pounds worth of stuff, and hours of putting it into place, but how anyone could have guessed my password is beyond belief. However, no matter the value of the customer, how many years I have spent in the hotel, no matter how much money I have spent, Habbo give it no more than a "Sorry :(" No investigation or anything.

I just find it hard to believe that my password has been guessed. My computer is where I keep all my professional work. It has a firewall, and internet security which I paid a chunk for, and it scans daily. I have much more valuable information and work on there than a habbo password.

C'est la vie, though. I can't be bothered to start all over again and spend money either. Thankyou for all your help, criticism, whatever it may be though.

Cheers!

---------- Post added 22-07-2010 at 12:46 AM ----------

Do you actually still care about Habbo? I mean, yeah it is a shame that you got hacked, but is it worth getting upset over?

The money it cost you in the first place isn't coming back anyway (hacked or not) :P

Just saying this because it seems like you didn't play anymore anyway, making your furniture/credits/hcmembership/whatever useless. I don't mean to come across as rude D:

I don't think it's Habbo's fault either otherwise you wouldn't be the only one complaining :P.

Don't be silly, you don't come across as rude. I logged on every few months, to buy new stuff and design rooms, I had quite a lot of rooms. I know that the money I have spent is now useless, but if I cared less, I would've given all my stuff away to someone who could've benefited from it. Habbo is fun, right? That's why we're here discussing this. It's just not as fun when all your **** is missing.

DPS
30-07-2010, 07:40 AM
Get over it, it wasnt even your furni :) Sulake owned your furni from day one GG

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!