PDA

View Full Version : hxf being really really slow

Special
20-07-2010, 10:55 PM
don't know if it's just me but habboxforum is being really slow to the extent that the '503' error comes up when you reload

i know it's not my internet because other websites load fine & i know it's not firefox because the page doesn't freeze

i don't know if its habboxforum itself or vbulletin but either way can you fix this please?

Tintinnabulate
20-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Mysql process needs restarting. Only Jin can do it and he is back tonight.

Nemo
20-07-2010, 10:57 PM
ya same for me aswell, im also on firefox

Hecktix
20-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Yeah I spoke with Jin by SMS earlier and he's gonna come on and take a look soon.

Nixt
20-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Mysql process needs restarting. Only Jin can do it and he is back tonight.

This basically. Jin has been informed so hopefully it will be fixed in the near future. Apologies for any inconvenience in the mean time!

Special
20-07-2010, 10:59 PM
ok thanks all :)

Tintinnabulate
20-07-2010, 11:07 PM
I wonder if he will be able to do it so the server reboots every 90 mins or something incase he is ever away and there is a problem.

Nixt
20-07-2010, 11:10 PM
I wonder if he will be able to do it so the server reboots every 90 mins or something incase he is ever away and there is a problem.

Wouldn't that cause the forum to go down for a short period every 90 minutes? I'd much rather contact him in case of emergency rather than have the forum going down once every hour and thirty minutes! To be fair the server hasn't posed so much of a problem recently so providing such problems remain few and far between any extreme measures are probably unnecessary / can be avoided until which time they are needed. Obviously Jin is the only one with full access so perhaps he can enlighten us further as to what the problem is later and we can go from there. I won't pretend to know all there is to know about servers etc so I'll trust in what Jin says :P.

Tintinnabulate
20-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Wouldn't that cause the forum to go down for a short period every 90 minutes? I'd much rather contact him in case of emergency rather than have the forum going down once every hour and thirty minutes! To be fair the server hasn't posed so much of a problem recently so providing such problems remain few and far between any extreme measures are probably unnecessary / can be avoided until which time they are needed. Obviously Jin is the only one with full access so perhaps he can enlighten us further as to what the problem is later and we can go from there. I won't pretend to know all there is to know about servers etc so I'll trust in what Jin says :P.

Two minutes maximum I think. Its good for times when Jin isn't here. Suppose he wasn't back tonight, then we would be stuck with this for a while.

Nixt
20-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Two minutes maximum I think. Its good for times when Jin isn't here. Suppose he wasn't back tonight, then we would be stuck with this for a while.

I think in the event that the server was down for a prolonged period of time I am confident that Jin would be able to fix it from wherever he was in the fastest time reasonably possible and / or Jin will have a contingency to ensure that the server doesn't remain broken for any longer than he can avoid. I'd rather the forum didn't go down for two minutes out of every 90 - in that event you're looking at 32 minutes of downtime per day on that alone, which is undesirable!

Trinity
20-07-2010, 11:49 PM

I think an auto reboot would be beneficial, but not every 90 minutes. It should be much less frequent than that. As Garion says, that results in too much down time.

HotelUser
20-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Once every night after the backup has completed, a reboot would be nice.

However problems can come up from a server reboot, such as daemons not starting properly, in which case we would be screwed.

Tintinnabulate
20-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Bump to see Richies / HotelUsers posts.

Nemo
20-07-2010, 11:55 PM
argh its SERIOUSLY pissing me off now, id much rather have it down 2 minutes every 1hr 30 or 2 hours, than having it down randomly for 3 hours or something. Its so damn annoying, and 2 minutes is nothing in spaces.

Martin
21-07-2010, 12:09 AM
I don't really like the idea of having the 2 minutes downtime every 90 minutes either. If it's similar to the other ones then that could mean an increase in duplicate posts, an extreme annoyance to members unaware of the downtime who are trying to make posts/threads and then giving up waiting (since 2 minutes may not seem a long time, but it's quite annoying sitting their waiting that long for a post to show.

Hopefully it just needs a little tinkering somewhere, and things can be returned to normal. It isn't very often that this happens, and one night of slightly disrupted service is probably better than a continued phase of small downtimes. Yes it's annoying, but it's one of those things that happens and it should be sorted.

Hecktix
21-07-2010, 12:14 AM
It doesn't happen often perhaps once every 6 months, Jin'll come online, boot the server up the arse and then we'll be fine again :D

Special
21-07-2010, 10:20 PM
sorry to carry this on but i still have the same problem with hxf being laggy despite being told it would have been fixed yesterday

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!