PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band or Guitar Hero - Help [+REP]

PaulMacC
21-07-2010, 02:29 AM
Alright I want to buy a RB or GH game with drums/guitar etc. Where do I get this for the cheapest price and what one do I buy. +rep to anyone that helps. I'm clueless

Stitch
21-07-2010, 07:21 AM
Alright I want to buy a RB or GH game with drums/guitar etc. Where do I get this for the cheapest price and what one do I buy. +rep to anyone that helps. I'm clueless

I recommend Rock Band. There are many more songs available and you get a load more every week with Rock Band Network if you get it on the Xbox 360. For instruments I recommend The Beatles: Rock Band bundle (You can get rid of the game if you don't want it and buy Rock Band 2). It includes drums, a Hofner bass controller (it can be used for bass or guitar), a microphone and a microphone stand. The reason why I tell you to get this is because the only other drums available are the IONs (really good but really expensive) and the Rock Band 1 drums which are not very good compared to these drums (basically the RB2 ones which never came to Europe but a bit better).

http://images2.dealzon.com/cdn_pictures/deals/2886/large/the-beatles-rock-band-limited-edition-premium-bundle-ps3-.jpg
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beatles-Rock-Band-Limited-Premium/dp/B002BDU5FE/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279695844&sr=8-11 (I wish it was that cheap on PS3 :()

You can also buy cymbals to attach to the drums but they can be quite hard to find in the UK.

Rock Band 2 Game:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rock-Band-Game-Only-Xbox/dp/B001J2YQW6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279696104&sr=1-1

You may also want to rent/buy Rock Band 1, Green Day: Rock Band and Lego Rock Band if you like the look of the songs on them games. You can export all of the songs except 3 on Rock Band 1 and every song on Lego Rock Band and Green Day: Rock Band to your hard drive for use on the main game. You cannot export The Beatles: Rock Band songs to your hard drive.

Even if you decide to get the Guitar Hero instruments I still recommend Rock Band. The GH instruments are compatible with Rock Band (and RB instruments are compatible on GH games) so it really doesn't matter what game you get after you have the instruments.

I think I've covered everything. I've been following Rock Band since it was announced a few years ago so just ask me if you have any more questions.

PaulMacC
21-07-2010, 04:48 PM
I recommend Rock Band. There are many more songs available and you get a load more every week with Rock Band Network if you get it on the Xbox 360. For instruments I recommend The Beatles: Rock Band bundle (You can get rid of the game if you don't want it and buy Rock Band 2). It includes drums, a Hofner bass controller (it can be used for bass or guitar), a microphone and a microphone stand. The reason why I tell you to get this is because the only other drums available are the IONs (really good but really expensive) and the Rock Band 1 drums which are not very good compared to these drums (basically the RB2 ones which never came to Europe but a bit better).

http://images2.dealzon.com/cdn_pictures/deals/2886/large/the-beatles-rock-band-limited-edition-premium-bundle-ps3-.jpg
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beatles-Rock-Band-Limited-Premium/dp/B002BDU5FE/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279695844&sr=8-11 (I wish it was that cheap on PS3 :()

You can also buy cymbals to attach to the drums but they can be quite hard to find in the UK.

Rock Band 2 Game:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rock-Band-Game-Only-Xbox/dp/B001J2YQW6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279696104&sr=1-1

You may also want to rent/buy Rock Band 1, Green Day: Rock Band and Lego Rock Band if you like the look of the songs on them games. You can export all of the songs except 3 on Rock Band 1 and every song on Lego Rock Band and Green Day: Rock Band to your hard drive for use on the main game. You cannot export The Beatles: Rock Band songs to your hard drive.

Even if you decide to get the Guitar Hero instruments I still recommend Rock Band. The GH instruments are compatible with Rock Band (and RB instruments are compatible on GH games) so it really doesn't matter what game you get after you have the instruments.

I think I've covered everything. I've been following Rock Band since it was announced a few years ago so just ask me if you have any more questions.
Thank you, I just ordered the £80 one you linked me to. Anything else I need, I'll just buy RB2 on eBay pre-owned.

W00TZEH
21-07-2010, 05:08 PM
zzzzzzz you're supposed to wait for rock band 3 and play with real instruments

PaulMacC
21-07-2010, 05:10 PM
zzzzzzz you're supposed to wait for rock band 3 and play with real instruments
What?
I'll probably just buy them at the time.

Camy
21-07-2010, 05:21 PM
I would have recommended gh over rock band. I find the note detection to be better, especially on hammer ons and pull offs. The 'circles' of gh are easier to read than the 'blocks' of rb, and I prefer the buttons on the gh controllers to the rb ones.
Saying that though, on the original rock band, and the rb network there are better songs than the newer gh games.
Nothing can beat GH3 though.

samsaBEAR
21-07-2010, 06:08 PM
I would have recommended gh over rock band. I find the note detection to be better, especially on hammer ons and pull offs. The 'circles' of gh are easier to read than the 'blocks' of rb, and I prefer the buttons on the gh controllers to the rb ones.
Saying that though, on the original rock band, and the rb network there are better songs than the newer gh games.
Nothing can beat GH3 though.
Agreed completely, but as a series, I much prefer Rock Band to Guitar Hero. I am so excited to play Rock Band 3 on the Pro modes

CJW93
24-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Rock Band beats Gh hands down

Phil
29-07-2010, 10:56 PM
I think the best thing to do is look at the playlists and see which you like better. Personally Rock Band 1 is the best because I like nearly every song, there's only like 5-6 that I don't like. I think you should wait for Rock Band 3 though it's going to be amazing. My friend told me there's going to be a keyboard, you can get a guitar that will have 102 buttons and you can do harmonys if you have a second mic.

Shockwave.2CC
30-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Rock Band is the better one out of the two, because it's got more veriety of insruments. (Can't Spell)

Apple
30-07-2010, 01:51 AM
Rock Band is the better one out of the two, because it's got more veriety of insruments. (Can't Spell)
I would have to agree with this. Lasts longer without getting boring.

Cheryl
30-07-2010, 11:41 AM
I've got both Guitar Hero: World Tour and Rock Band: Beetles and they are fairly comparable.

I would have to agree GH game play is far better with the circles as opposed to the blocks.

There are more songs on RB -- XBox360.

The responsiveness of both is good. But without the midi chord to update GH, RB is miles better.

Overall I would say RB is a better overall experience.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!