PDA

View Full Version : HTC Hero - keyboard problem

bigdavecox90
22-07-2010, 08:23 AM
When trying to compose an email or text, the keyboard will not appear.

I've tried double tapping on the text entry box, holding down on it, going into the settings....

Nothing works.

Any ideas?

Recursion
22-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Hold on the text field and go to Input Method and select HTC_IME or Android Keyboard, if it doesn't work I'd grab some backup programs off the market, backup your calls, texts, etc to your SD Card and do a factory reset.

bigdavecox90
22-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Hold on the text field and go to Input Method and select HTC_IME or Android Keyboard, if it doesn't work I'd grab some backup programs off the market, backup your calls, texts, etc to your SD Card and do a factory reset.

I've tried the whole holding down thing and won't work as I can't access the keyboard at all.

And the phone is completely empty already mate, do you know how I'd do a factory reset?

JACKTARD
26-07-2010, 07:54 PM
I've got the hero and never had any problems like this.

Have you downloaded a keyboard or texting app or something which maybe affecting it?

I have seen restore all setting somewhere but I can't find it now I've gone to look.

xxMATTGxx
27-07-2010, 01:25 AM
Tried taking the battery out, putting it back in, switching on the phone again. Then see if it works again? Also Jack brought up a good question regarding any 3rd party keyboard replacements.

Recursion
27-07-2010, 08:55 AM
I've tried the whole holding down thing and won't work as I can't access the keyboard at all.

And the phone is completely empty already mate, do you know how I'd do a factory reset?

Somewhere in the settings, I think it's under Data or something there is an option to perform a Factory Reset. Also have you checked it's got the latest software using the HTC updater on your PC?

JACKTARD
27-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Somewhere in the settings, I think it's under Data or something there is an option to perform a Factory Reset. Also have you checked it's got the latest software using the HTC updater on your PC?

how do you get he htc updater??

Florx
27-07-2010, 07:36 PM
When trying to compose an email or text, the keyboard will not appear.

I've tried double tapping on the text entry box, holding down on it, going into the settings....

Nothing works.

Any ideas?

Tried turning it off and on again? That works for me when it happens!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!