PDA

View Full Version : Events

Tintinnabulate
22-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Hello,

Events calendar on the site needs updating etc. It says theres only one event a day this week and none yesterday. According to the Community Notice Board, there was one yesterday, two on tuesday, and three on Monday - yet the site only shows one each for those three days.

Maybe pre-plan all events (I know not all are possible) and get them up on the site ASAP to attract more Habbos to them.

Also, I was told Hotel-User wrote the script for it. Well it states "All events are in Europe/London time!". Europe and London time aren't the same ...

Thirdly, maybe do it so it shows the current UK time so users in USA etc can work out what time their time the event will be at - or an option to change the timing to their time zone.

kkbye.

Charlottay!
22-07-2010, 01:12 PM
yh sorry for this. its only me and roxy who can add them and i was at a graduation yesterday and stuff. adding them all now for you.

again sorry for this

Mr-Trainor
22-07-2010, 01:13 PM
I definately agree with an option to change the timezone :)

Dinosaurawrr
22-07-2010, 01:15 PM
I agree, there should be an option for other timezones to see what time events are on. I remember someone asking actually, what time was event's in their time so this would help alot.

xxMATTGxx
22-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Hello,

Events calendar on the site needs updating etc. It says theres only one event a day this week and none yesterday. According to the Community Notice Board, there was one yesterday, two on tuesday, and three on Monday - yet the site only shows one each for those three days.

Maybe pre-plan all events (I know not all are possible) and get them up on the site ASAP to attract more Habbos to them.

Also, I was told Hotel-User wrote the script for it. Well it states "All events are in Europe/London time!". Europe and London time aren't the same ...

Thirdly, maybe do it so it shows the current UK time so users in USA etc can work out what time their time the event will be at - or an option to change the timing to their time zone.

kkbye.

I will let know HotelUser regarding the difference between "Europe" and "London". Although I always thought it was made so it would be changed depending on what your system clock was saying. I think I'm probably getting mistaken with something else here. But I shall see what they can do :)

Alkaz
22-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Yeh if it says Europe/London then it is currently in GMT. It automatically changes to five time zones in the world depending on which one you're in and obviously if you're in GMT you wont see any of the other time zones. It might be a possibility to add the option to change it manually as well but the site coders are very busy at the moment so it might not be an update very soon.

xxMATTGxx
22-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Screenshot of it working:

http://davzy.com/screenshots/Screen_shot_2010-07-22_at_11.04.06_AM-20100722-110418.png

(Screenshot Provided by HotelUser)

HotelUser
22-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Hello,

kkbye.

Taking into consideration that I am neither stupid nor five I am perfectly aware of the difference between Europe and London.

Are you aware that London is in Europe?

PHP named the timezone that and I am NOT changing the names of 24+ timezones :)

Hecktix
22-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Taking into consideration that I am neither stupid nor five I am perfectly aware of the difference between Europe and London.

Are you aware that London is in Europe, hence why it says that?

Are you aware that PHP named the timezone that and I am NOT changing the names of 24+ timezones :)

He's saying the time isn't the same not the places, the time in london is not the same as it is anywhere else in Europe most of the time.

HotelUser
22-07-2010, 02:25 PM
He's saying the time isn't the same not the places, the time in london is not the same as it is anywhere else in Europe most of the time.

If it detects that you live somewhere else in Europe it changes accordingly.

Tintinnabulate
22-07-2010, 02:25 PM

Are you aware that London is in Europe?

PHP named the timezone that and I am NOT changing the names of 24+ timezones :)

It said Europe or London ...
So what if London is in Europe :S not the same time. Did you realise USA has several time zones? :rolleyes: Omgzz same country with several time zones.

HotelUser
22-07-2010, 02:28 PM
It said Europe or London ...
So what if London is in Europe :S not the same time. Did you realise USA has several time zones? :rolleyes: Omgzz same country with several time zones.

They have a hell of a lot more than several.

I'll repeat myself and Matt Garner: It changes depending on where you live. It does not take a rocket scientists to figure out that if it says Europe/London then it's talking about what time it is in London. If you live in London, Manchester, Burnley, Lincoln, anywhere in England or Scotland then you know what time it is in London.

Tintinnabulate
22-07-2010, 02:31 PM
They have a hell of a lot more than several.

I'll repeat myself and Matt Garner: It changes depending on where you live. It does not take a rocket scientists to figure out that if it says Europe/London then it's talking about what time it is in London. If you live in London, Manchester, Burnley, Lincoln, anywhere in England or Scotland then you know what time it is in London.

Actually when I showed it to Garion he said he will change it, so yeah its not clear.

Its just very poorly worded.

Also:

sev·er·al
   /ˈsɛvərəl, ˈsɛvrəl/ Show Spelled[sev-er-uhl, sev-ruhl] Show IPA
–adjective
being more than two but fewer than many in number or kind: several ways of doing it.

I think there are six time zones so what the hell is wrong with my use of the word "several" :S. Gosh you are so irritating.

HotelUser
22-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Actually when I showed it to Garion he said he will change it, so yeah its not clear.

Its just very poorly worded.

Also:

I think there is six time zones so what the hell is wrong with my use of the word "several" :S. Gosh you are so irritating.

http://davzy.com/screenshots/Screen_shot_2010-07-22_at_11.32.19_AM-20100722-113254.png

Tintinnabulate
22-07-2010, 02:47 PM
http://davzy.com/screenshots/Screen_shot_2010-07-22_at_11.32.19_AM-20100722-113254.png

First its just two sites because you typed that phrase in Google :S

Secondly if you click it, it says:

The current Europe/London time zone offset is:
UTC/GMT +1 hours

Events staff replied and explained it, no point arguing with you. Just a waste of time.

Nixt
22-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Perhaps it would make sense to change it so it doesn't say Europe or rather it says London (Europe) or Madrid (Europe) or whatever. I have to agree that it's a little confusing as it suggests that the time zone for London is the same for any in Europe and that may confuse newer users attempting to use the calendar. It is a trivial thing but if it is easily changed there is no harm in changing it I don't think.

Alkaz
22-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Perhaps it would make sense to change it so it doesn't say Europe or rather it says London (Europe) or Madrid (Europe) or whatever. I have to agree that it's a little confusing as it suggests that the time zone for London is the same for any in Europe and that may confuse newer users attempting to use the calendar. It is a trivial thing but if it is easily changed there is no harm in changing it I don't think.
I'm sure that David will do this as soon as he can as it shouldn't take him long.
Hopefully that issue is now resolved. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!