PDA

View Full Version : 8 glasses of vimto same as 8 glasses of water?

Superior
23-07-2010, 12:34 PM
When we get advised to drink loads of water a day, usually 8 glasses does it mean that we can get our water from diluted things such as vimto, ribena, robinsons orange etc?
This feels like a really stupid question but I am asking this because I heard that the water in a cup of coffee doesn't actually count as water for some reason. So you could be drinking coffee non-stop all day but your body still wouldn't be getting enough water even though coffee is basically a cup of water if that makes sense.

Samantha.
23-07-2010, 12:37 PM
I see where you coming from, I think one class of diluted drinks wouldn't be the same as a whole glass of water if that makes sense because it's more than just water!

Special
23-07-2010, 12:38 PM
hmm.. of course it's better to drink pure water instead of pop and they also advise you not to buy flavoured water as oppose to pure water

but i guess if you're drinking something it's better than nothing

Catzsy
23-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Yes, you should get the liquid benefit but that would be counteracted by all the sugar in vimto etc healthwise.

Shar
23-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Yes, you should get the liquid benefit but that would be counteracted by all the sugar in vimto etc healthwise.
This. You're better off having 8 glasses of water rather than 8 glasses of vimto to be honest, it's far more healthier.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!