PDA

View Full Version : Need motivation for Slayer

Superior
24-07-2010, 11:25 PM
I took a break from RS for about 5 months, when I got back I realised my leaving investment was terrible and I'd lost 50m+ (obby capes) but I took it on the chin, I still have about 130m because tiiimmme ago I got a 3rd age shield from a clue which I sold for 107m. Anyways I went straight back to slayer (this is about a week ago when I got back) but I am bored again. In that time I went from 81 to 82 and I am 90k away from 83 I think. I sold all my drops early in attempt to motivate myself to carry on slaying, was 4m made but I still cba. Sooo halp. Also is there anything going on with dungeoneering that I am not aware of which may lead full bandos/dfs to mega crash forever?

MJJ
25-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Since you're so close to 83, you could just think about camping at Spiritual Mages once you get it - it can be great cash. That motivates a lot of people to train Slayer. Also using a cannon on tasks will make the exp go much faster.
Although if you really don't want to train Slayer, don't force yourself to. Just train whatever skill you feel like training.

Also, I haven't heard anything about Dungoneering leading to bandos & DFS crashing.

Aidenn
25-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Regarding to Bandos and DFS i actually own them, and personnally heres what i think;

One day someone decided to sell a Bandos item for Min (same with dfs) because they generally wanted to get rid of it, that made Bandos + DFS Go down, and with the runescape community now, people will be like 'oh no bandos / dfs / godswords are crashing' so they will get rid of there (for min) which then leads to everything dropping, this is basically just stupid to dump your items because they are crashing, all you need to do is look on grand exchanged graphs to learn drops/crashs are regular, they always go back up to high demand..

Superior
25-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Since you're so close to 83, you could just think about camping at Spiritual Mages once you get it - it can be great cash. That motivates a lot of people to train Slayer. Also using a cannon on tasks will make the exp go much faster.
Although if you really don't want to train Slayer, don't force yourself to. Just train whatever skill you feel like training.

Also, I haven't heard anything about Dungoneering leading to bandos & DFS crashing.
Thanks. :)

Regarding to Bandos and DFS i actually own them, and personnally heres what i think;

One day someone decided to sell a Bandos item for Min (same with dfs) because they generally wanted to get rid of it, that made Bandos + DFS Go down, and with the runescape community now, people will be like 'oh no bandos / dfs / godswords are crashing' so they will get rid of there (for min) which then leads to everything dropping, this is basically just stupid to dump your items because they are crashing, all you need to do is look on grand exchanged graphs to learn drops/crashs are regular, they always go back up to high demand..

What I heard was Dungeoneering weapons/armour can now be used in the open world, if this stuff is better which I'm pretty sure it is, loads will be selling their bandos/dfs and training dungeoneering to replace their stuff.

Aidenn
25-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks. :)

What I heard was Dungeoneering weapons/armour can now be used in the open world, if this stuff is better which I'm pretty sure it is, loads will be selling their bandos/dfs and training dungeoneering to replace their stuff.

It costs a Bomb in dungeoneering points to buy these itmes though, your talking over 100,000 tokens, and you only get like 87 per game.

Callum.
25-07-2010, 12:00 PM
things like the longsword / rapier are meant to be really good, but they needed to be recharged for a lot or something

[Jay]
25-07-2010, 05:45 PM
The weapons from dung are good however they will not replace any current weapons as they are expensive to buy as well as them lasting 10 hours max and having to pay to fix them. Therefore those weapons are only good for pking or monster hunting (bandos etc...)
Items will fall and rise it happens.
I bougt d claws for 34m and sold for 32 also but dfs for 33m and sold for 35, they will drop for a week and then rise again.

Superior
26-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Doing a greater demon task in kuradals dungeon so nice xp won't be long till 83.

scottish
28-07-2010, 01:29 AM
Dungeoneering = people sell their gear as they won't need it as they plan on camping in dungeon until relatively high level

So several people doing that = people see price is going down a bit

Idiots = panic sell

Price = crash

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!