PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate smartphone war!

danzooo
26-07-2010, 03:31 PM
So, the ultimate smartphone war is on, and fanboys across the planet are arguing til their ears bleed about which is best.

So, which team are you on? Team iPhone, Team HTC or Team Blackberry? I myself am team iPhone - I absolutely adore my 4. The software is just so flawless and beautiful - and the due to the resolution of the "Retina" display, you actually can't see any pixels at all - giving an almost writing-on-a-piece-of-paper look. It has it's flaws here and there, but they're not even a patch on how good it is, best phone I've ever owned.

NOTE: If any form of mahooosive fanboy flame war breaks out in this thread, it will be closed down and left to die to death in realms of pages of this forum.

Hecktix
26-07-2010, 03:34 PM
I have had my iPhone for over a year now and I absolutely love it and will probably upgrade when I can to the iPhone 4.
I've never really had any problems with it and it's just so easy to use and you really can use it for everything, I thought not having bluetooth would be a disadvantage but it hasn't even affected me at all.

I don't think it's the best looking of all the smartphones, some of the HTC's look absolutely stunning although when I've tried them they seem incredibly complex compared to the simplicity of the iPhone

Superior
26-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Pretty obvious how a thread like this is going to turn out. But anyway it depends what sort of people use this forum. If the forum was full of people who go to my school (typical teens not too poor and not rich) then it would be blackberry hands down. There's only like me and a few other people in the whole school that have iphones so It always gets a lot of attention when people see me with it which can get annoying. Quite a few also have android phones but not as many as people have blackberrys because they are a bit complex and everyone wants to be able to use blackberry messenger.

danzooo
26-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Pretty obvious how a thread like this is going to turn out. But anyway it depends what sort of people use this forum. If the forum was full of people who go to my school (typical teens not too poor and not rich) then it would be blackberry hands down. There's only like me and a few other people in the whole school that have iphones so It always gets a lot of attention when people see me with it which can get annoying. Quite a few also have android phones but not as many as people have blackberrys because they are a bit complex and everyone wants to be able to use blackberry messenger since nearly everyone has that at my school.

I don't know anyone at my school with a HTC Android phone. There is a great deal of iPhones here but pretty much everyone has a Blackberry, and tbh, I don't see their appeal at all, but that's just me :S

Superior
26-07-2010, 03:50 PM
I don't know anyone at my school with a HTC Android phone. There is a great deal of iPhones here but pretty much everyone has a Blackberry, and tbh, I don't see their appeal at all, but that's just me :S

It's just all blackberry here, they are cheap in comparison and have blackberry messenger which of course everyone has, like the latest thing around here. Then the ones from better backgrounds tend to have either iphones or androids. We have a laugh sometimes just winding up the people with androids, all in good spirit of course not like the arguments on here lol.

jackass
26-07-2010, 04:19 PM
HTC/Android! Amazing interface and features, constantly growing and being improved. Their phones look much sexier, and are better value for money. :)

xxMATTGxx
26-07-2010, 04:54 PM
I think it's wrong you have put "HTC/Android". HTC is a phone company who make devices for Android and the Windows Operating system. ;)

But me: HTC/Android. I've had my Android phone for some months now and I love using it, the OS, Applications and everything.

GommeInc
26-07-2010, 05:06 PM
I'm team Android because calling it team HTC shows ignorance.

Recursion
26-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Android:
- HTC
- Motorola
- Samsung
- MSI
- Randomers in China

HTC do Android and Windows Mobile.

Where's Team WebOS and Team Symbian? :P

But ye, Team HTC + Android FTFreakin'W!

Superior
26-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Lol it's like asking people to vote what car they have 0 - 10k, 10k - 20k, 20k to 50k or 50k+. Obviously not many people on the forum will have 50k+ cars so the cheaper ones will win. iPhones are bloody expensive, can't expect more people to have iphones on the forum than random androids/blackberries. :P

JACKTARD
26-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Yeah iphones are incredibly common in my school and I'm the only person with a HTC/Android phone, there are a few blackberrys dotted around but the majority have iphones.

Superior
26-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Yeah iphones are incredibly common in my school and I'm the only person with a HTC/Android phone, there are a few blackberrys dotted around but the majority have iphones.

Do you go to a posh school? If iphones were common in my school, it'd be cause they were all stolen lol.

danzooo
26-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Android:
- HTC
- Motorola
- Samsung
- MSI
- Randomers in China

HTC do Android and Windows Mobile.

Where's Team WebOS and Team Symbian? :P

But ye, Team HTC + Android FTFreakin'W!

Sorry Mr. Salesman but I'm not actually familiar with the range of models which use the Android operating system, I just put "HTC/Android" because most people on here who have Android have HTC's.

And the bottom two fall under Other.

Recursion
26-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Lol it's like asking people to vote what car they have 0 - 10k, 10k - 20k, 20k to 50k or 50k+. Obviously not many people on the forum will have 50k+ cars so the cheaper ones will win. iPhones are bloody expensive, can't expect more people to have iphones on the forum than random androids/blackberries. :P

I wouldn't make those assumptions personally, but there we go.

Superior
26-07-2010, 08:52 PM
I wouldn't make those assumptions personally, but there we go.

Ah well we'll see how the poll goes. :P

Jordy
26-07-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm team HTC with Windows Mobile but I'm not going to fight for the Windows Mobile corner as I'll inevitably lose, I can honestly say it's still my OS of choice though. HTC make the most remarkable of handsets and they're always loaded with features, and as of recent they have some lovely designs. I do quite like the iPhone handsets and OS too, they're incredibly simple to use which is more than can be said for Windows Mobile which is ridiculously complicated to use :P

Superior
27-07-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm team HTC with Windows Mobile but I'm not going to fight for the Windows Mobile corner as I'll inevitably lose, I can honestly say it's still my OS of choice though. HTC make the most remarkable of handsets and they're always loaded with features, and as of recent they have some lovely designs. I do quite like the iPhone handsets and OS too, they're incredibly simple to use which is more than can be said for Windows Mobile which is ridiculously complicated to use :P
I loved my windows mobile, I had an MDA vario II and it was the best phone ever!

Flisker
27-07-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm most certainly Team Android after owning a Symbian phone, BlackBerry and I have an iPod touch with iOS4 (if that counts lol). I love my HTC Desire plus I can now get 2-3 maybe 4 days of battery life out of it now :D

Luke
27-07-2010, 12:17 PM
In the North East, the most popular phone is a Sony Ericson? :P

I'm 1 of 2 people with an iPhone in the school and I think maybe 3 or 4 have an android (even though they're G1's LOL)

Yeh, not much going round here..

Jam
27-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Windows Mobile/Phone (7).

Jordy
27-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Windows Mobile/Phone (7).no lol, windows phone 7 has no multi-tasking or copy/paste functionality. it's like iOS 1 but four years later. windows mobile previously had those features for about 6-8 years and they've taken them away.

GommeInc
27-07-2010, 04:16 PM
no lol, windows phone 7 has no multi-tasking or copy/paste functionality. it's like iOS 1 but four years later. windows mobile previously had those features for about 6-8 years and they've taken them away.
Is it officially out then? I thought it was coming out later this year, or next year :S Weird that Windows Phone OS is going backwards if that's true, it's the original phone OS as far as I remember?

Jordy
27-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Is it officially out then? I thought it was coming out later this year, or next year :S Weird that Windows Phone OS is going backwards if that's true, it's the original phone OS as far as I remember?Yeah I think it is, or Palm perhaps? They both started out as PDA/Pocket PCs OS's before going into Smartphones. It's not out till the end of the year but they've confirmed both things I've said at the time of the announcement, I like elements of it and how it integrates with social networks and Xbox Live but it's no real threat to iPhone, Android, Blackberry etc.

HotelUser
27-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Blackberry is not a team. Shame on whoever votes for them!

Android. Open source. Freedom!

Jordy
27-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Blackberry is not a team. Shame on whoever votes for them!

Android. Open source. Freedom!Grow up it's a mobile phone, you take Blackberry hating way too far. Android really isn't that great for freedom anyway, with Windows Mobile you've been able to openly hack ROMs for years and do whatever you like with them. Hell you can edit anything in the registry just like you can on Windows.

Metric1
27-07-2010, 06:12 PM
bLACKBERRY FTW

GoldenMerc
27-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Gotta be Android, totally evolving into a big company !

beth
27-07-2010, 08:41 PM
yay i get to be the only person on team blackberry.
i'm gonna be honest, as much as i love my bb, i don't even think they are smartphones compared to android & iphone technology.

i love my phone though, i'm a very social person i guess and it has so many social possibilities that i love it. saying that though, i don't even use half the apps on my blackberry and no doubt it has tonnes less than the iphone/any android phone; so i don't see the need for me to get one ahah.

i love the bethieberry.

Recursion
27-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Grow up it's a mobile phone, you take Blackberry hating way too far. Android really isn't that great for freedom anyway, with Windows Mobile you've been able to openly hack ROMs for years and do whatever you like with them. Hell you can edit anything in the registry just like you can on Windows.

wut. You can build Android FROM THE SOURCE, and EDIT THE SOURCE, and DISTROBUTE THAT SOURCE. It doesn't get more open than that! :P

Blob
27-07-2010, 09:23 PM
iPhone's are good due to their simple UI.

Android phones are good as you can do what you want without a company locking you down, but it is a bit too advanced for the simple phone user.

BlackBerry phones are only good for the little ball that vibrates when you move it.

However, I'm stuck on a Nokia with Symbian. Can't wait until April.

Recursion
27-07-2010, 09:33 PM

Android phones are good as you can do what you want without a company locking you down, but it is a bit too advanced for the simple phone user.

BlackBerry phones are only good for the little ball that vibrates when you move it.

You sir, are amazing.

Camy
27-07-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm on the iPhone's side, just because I like how simple it is, they look pretty awesome, and if you jailbreak it you can do alot with it.

I've never tried any of the other ones, so I can't really comment on whether the iPhone is better than the others at anything, but I just enjoy mine.

jackass
27-07-2010, 09:47 PM
My next phone (hopefully) will be the HTC Desire, or the cheaper version, the Wildfire.

I think i'm actually in love with Android right now!

Apple
27-07-2010, 09:56 PM

Great post, just about sums it up. :)

Shar
29-07-2010, 05:57 PM
HTC/Android because I love my HTC and the android apps on it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!