PDA

View Full Version : Phone Costs

Con
26-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Right, I'm going to Tunisia in a week and I want to be able to phone +/or text back to england.
Am I right in saying Vodafone doesn't charge more for use abroad, or is that only for inside of europe?
If so, which is the best provider to use abroad as I'm willing to buy a PAYG sim for my holiday..

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

kk.
26-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Have you tried ringing vodafone up and asking what your options are? I can't imagine they offer 'free' messaging abroad, as in no extra cost. Most providers offer a bundle for a fiver or something

Jordy
26-07-2010, 10:47 PM
It charges more even within Europe. Outside of Europe, Tunisia for example it costs even more than it would in Europe so it's not cheap at all, it is a complete rip off. Here's the pricing for you;
http://campaigns.vodafone.co.uk/goingabroad/costs.php?country=125&tariff=2

As for buying a SIM Card in Tunisia, it's still going to cost extortionate prices to contact people in the UK so I wouldn't waste your time with that. Give your phone a rest and use the internet I suggest :P

Con
26-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Oh okay, thanks D:
Guess I'll have to find some places with free wi-fi D:

It charges more even within Europe. Outside of Europe, Tunisia for example it costs even more than it would in Europe so it's not cheap at all, it is a complete rip off. Here's the pricing for you;
http://campaigns.vodafone.co.uk/goingabroad/costs.php?country=125&tariff=2

As for buying a SIM Card in Tunisia, it's still going to cost extortionate prices to contact people in the UK so I wouldn't waste your time with that. Give your phone a rest and use the internet I suggest :P

Jordy
27-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Oh okay, thanks D:
Guess I'll have to find some places with free wi-fi D:Yeah some hotel lobbies have it for free or a reasonable price. I suggest looking round bars and cafes in the centre of towns, they often have signs saying free wi-fi in here or something. Of course you have to buy something otherwise you'll look cheap but it's a small price to pay.

Con
27-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Yeah some hotel lobbies have it for free or a reasonable price. I suggest looking round bars and cafes in the centre of towns, they often have signs saying free wi-fi in here or something. Of course you have to buy something otherwise you'll look cheap but it's a small price to pay.
Yeah thanks :)
I found this sim card thing on Vodafone, where you register as an international calling something or other and you have to pay like a small amount for the bundle but then it doesn't cost any extra :)
Thanks for helping anyways

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!