PDA

View Full Version : Why Habbox isn't as good any more (imo...)

immense
28-07-2010, 12:05 PM
because we've had two general managers in a row that put the forum first and they're the only two general managers who have done this. even nvrspk4 knew that habbox.com was far more important than hxf... however, because people moan so much on here and think they're an MP or something you spend way too much time discussing and pleasing them and i think the main site has been neglected

i heard it was being revamped in spring but i don't see anything, the design is horrid, content is poor, rare values are slack, news is boring and it's all in all an eye sore. i think this explains why hxl hardly has declined too cuz less and less people are using hx.com.

tl;dr - concentrate on hx.com more -

cba to type properly

bye

Tintinnabulate
28-07-2010, 12:09 PM
because we've had two general managers in a row that put the forum first and they're the only two general managers who have done this. even nvrspk4 knew that habbox.com was far more important than hxf... however, because people moan so much on here and think they're an MP or something you spend way too much time discussing and pleasing them and i think the main site has been neglected

i heard it was being revamped in spring but i don't see anything, the design is horrid, content is poor, rare values are slack, news is boring and it's all in all an eye sore. i think this explains why hxl hardly has declined too cuz less and less people are using hx.com.

tl;dr - concentrate on hx.com more -

cba to type properly

bye

I agree. The site is what causes people to sign up. I used to go on Habbox.com, saw habboxforum.com and signed up because of Habbox.com and how good it was. The site design is awful and I said it when I was first showed it before release.
Jin said the new design will be here by Summer at the start of the year. They should have began working on it then, however they didn't, which is a big problem.

This is why Site related managers should be promoted to AGM position and GM, not Forum Managers.

scott
28-07-2010, 12:10 PM
I do agree with you here and i've thought this for a while, I told nvr the same thing when I was talking to him. The forum is being concentrated on more than the main website - which is silly. Habbox.com is what attracts visitors to the forum and the main site. There is a new layout in planning I think they just need Jin to give specs of what he wants so hopefully when it gets released then more can be put into the site.

immense
28-07-2010, 12:10 PM
yeah, they seriously need to start getting general managers who can code again (8freak8, ---MAD---) etc. ---MAD--- went from FM to GM just cuz he could code and now it just seems whoever is the most popular will become gm

Tintinnabulate
28-07-2010, 12:12 PM
yeah, they seriously need to start getting general managers who can code again (8freak8, ---MAD---) etc. ---MAD--- went from FM to GM just cuz he could code and now it just seems whoever is the most popular will become gm

When Garion leaves or gets promoted, Oli will probably become AGM (Staff) which I think is wrong. The site departments e.g. RVR, Graphics, News etc never get a chance and they should become AGM, not the FM.

The forum is a part of Habbox.com just like HabboxLive. However, now it seems the Forum is given more importance.

Richie
28-07-2010, 12:14 PM
ok lets settle this, matt study web codding at college drop whatever u doing pls

hx.com is getting neglected I agree but every thread seems to be 'WE HATE MATTG ITS ALL HIS FAULT' lets be honest habbo itself is killing habbox, our rare values is no longer needed because the mp, habbo introduced on clent news & the merge has hit us bad.

Tintinnabulate
28-07-2010, 12:15 PM
ok lets settle this, matt study web codding at college drop whatever u doing pls

hx.com is getting neglected I agree but every thread seems to be 'WE HATE MATTG ITS ALL HIS FAULT' lets be honest habbo itself is killing habbox, our rare values is no longer needed because the mp, habbo introduced on clent news & the merge has hit us bad.

Only Jake is commenting on Matt. I am saying the site department related managers rarely get a chance to be (A)GM as the FM always gets promoted.

immense
28-07-2010, 12:16 PM
yeah, he probably will and i disagree too. it just becomes so forum orientated... thing is it's how you get noticed on hxf and just because he posts more than inseriousity or undertaker (two managers i can think of, my bad if either of them av resigned) doesn't mean anything. someone who is content based should be given agm (staff) imo. although they might not want it, i know i was offered it and thought HELL NAW and declined. thing is people would never say no to agm any more on here. i think me and missalice (well community manager for her) are the only people ever to reject offers due to personal interests and in the interest of habbox. ppl are just desp to get power and do a **** job lol

---------- Post added 28-07-2010 at 01:18 PM ----------

at richie; i like matt actually and i think he's a good gm! i supported him in that mean thread against him. he's better than nvr and sam were at gm. i'm just saying hx.com is neglected.

Hecktix
28-07-2010, 12:20 PM
I also agree - the site is what brought me to HabboxForum and I used Habbox.com way before signing up to HabboxForum, I personally don't mind the site design but I am looking forward to v6 - it's a shame it's taking a lot longer than anticipated.

In terms of the forum getting more focus, hmm... I don't think the Forum gets a lot of focus from General Management in my eyes, Matt does love the Forum as this is where he started but I assure you we aren't the sole of his attention, a lot of stuff happens on the forum because me and my team make it happen and whilst Matt and Garion share their feedback this is where it ends really.

I personally think that there's a kind of attitude going around that we can just go on Habbo host some events and get people to sign up, this isn't the case - we need to be able to show them that we can offer them something that other fansites cannot and from what I have heard about v6 this is what is planned - It just needs to happen sooner rather than later.

In terms of General Management not being able to code I don't think that's an issue so long as we have a good strong dedicated team of site coders like we do at the moment, General Management are there to Manage and as long as they've got the staff with the relevant permissions and the managers have the relevant authority - it should work fine.

Oh, and I have no interest in becoming Assistant General Manager (Staff), with no offence to Garion the job content sounds tedious and awful :P I can't see General Management changing in a good while and when it does it should be going to a 16 - 17 year old who can offer years to Habbox - not someone like me who'll only be around for another year or two max.

Alex3213
28-07-2010, 12:21 PM
yeah, he probably will and i disagree too. it just becomes so forum orientated... thing is it's how you get noticed on hxf and just because he posts more than inseriousity or undertaker (two managers i can think of, my bad if either of them av resigned) doesn't mean anything. someone who is content based should be given agm (staff) imo. although they might not want it, i know i was offered it and thought HELL NAW and declined. thing is people would never say no to agm any more on here. i think me and missalice (well community manager for her) are the only people ever to reject offers due to personal interests and in the interest of habbox. ppl are just desp to get power and do a **** job lol

---------- Post added 28-07-2010 at 01:18 PM ----------

at richie; i like matt actually and i think he's a good gm! i supported him in that mean thread against him. he's better than nvr and sam were at gm. i'm just saying hx.com is neglected.

I think it's good if you turn down a job in General Management for the benefit of the people and I know I would never be able to do a good job in General Management hence why I wouldn't take it. There needs to be some more concentration on the site, I agree and I think it should be our top focus as HxF has been getting all the attention recently.

immense
28-07-2010, 12:23 PM
yeah but it doesn't because none of you seem to add little things onto habbox to make it more interactive and friendly. nothing major has changed on the main site since i started using it in 2006, it's the same old. habbo is moving on. other fansites are moving on. habbox isn't. don't get me wrong habbox is still my favourite and the biggest site ever on habbo and i'm not one of those who are like "OMG IT GOING DOWNHILL" but i just think a bit more emphasis on the main site wud be luvly.

at mike yeah thats why i turned down staff editor cuz it's a **** boring job lol and i'd get rly bored and start taking ages and it's not imaginative for me so i know i'd be poop so i said no.

Nixt
28-07-2010, 12:25 PM
This is why Site related managers should be promoted to AGM position and GM, not Forum Managers.

And yet to contradict that you have suggested that I should become GM despite my previous position as Forum Manager? :P

The site is obviously of utmost importance and we fully appreciate that. As I said in the other thread we are endeavouring to do as much as we can to work towards Habbox V6 without the specification that we need to bring it closer to launch. I agree the layout is outdated and unattractive, and I hope that V6 comes as soon as possible so we can get past this issue.

I think that the news is generally of a high quality and does attract a high number of readers, as reflected in a recent poll and the fact that some articles can get an immensely high number of comments. Furthermore I feel we have a very strong News Management team who work extremely hard to bring the quality of the news to a high standard. Finally, regarding news, V6 will have news as a widget option and whilst it will continue to play a key role on the site in it's default format you will probably be able to remove, minimise or place it somewhere you feel it won't bore you. However I must stress that news can only be as "exciting" as the content we are offered. I know that reporters put in a lot of effort to spruce the articles up and I think they do a good job.

Moving onto rare values we have discussed this amongst management and we understand that with the introduction of the marketplace and the merge the demand for rare values has dropped considerably. To make our values more reflective of the marketplace and the current economy on Habbo.com we have introduced credit values to replace the club sofa values we previously had. Nevertheless we recognise that merely replicating the marketplace is not the way forward. As a result we intend to make rare values a more interactive resource rather than reference, merging the rare watch and offering features such as detailed graphs and a rare calculator so as to make our rare values appealing over the marketplace itself. Rare Values management are currently drawing up plans so stand by for its implementation. With v6 rare values will also become a lot more interactive and appealing for our members.

When it comes to content I will admit this is not my area of expertise. Nevertheless the content team do regularly update all content on Habbox.com and I do not think it's so much the content that is the problem, rather the navigation and promotion of content - which I believe is an issue that results in content being underused and under valued. Again this is something we are looking to change and more importantly will change drastically with V6.

I hate to keep falling back on the V6 "excuse" but it really is just as frustrating for us as it is for you that we are as yet unable to really get stuck into it's creation. Nevertheless please bear with us as we work to at least get some mock ups done and perhaps some low level coding that will hopefully mean V6 will be with us soon. It really is very difficult to work with what we've got already which is why a lot of our plans focus on really launching V6 with a bang.

Jamesy
In my view the main problem is that the site appears neglected because everyone is anticipating the V6 spec. Until it comes out and everyone knows where they stand, I can understand an apprehension in wanting to do major site work because it might suddenly get cut half way through.

Meanies
fire alkaz

Edited by Nicola (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointessly

immense
28-07-2010, 12:28 PM
And yet to contradict that you have suggested that I should become GM despite my previous position as Forum Manager? :P

The site is obviously of utmost importance and we fully appreciate that. As I said in the other thread we are endeavouring to do as much as we can to work towards Habbox V6 without the specification that we need to bring it closer to launch. I agree the layout is outdated and unattractive, and I hope that V6 comes as soon as possible so we can get past this issue.

I think that the news is generally of a high quality and does attract a high number of readers, as reflected in a recent poll and the fact that some articles can get an immensely high number of comments. Furthermore I feel we have a very strong News Management team who work extremely hard to bring the quality of the news to a high standard. Finally, regarding news, V6 will have news as a widget option and whilst it will continue to play a key role on the site in it's default format you will probably be able to remove, minimise or place it somewhere you feel it won't bore you. However I must stress that news can only be as "exciting" as the content we are offered. I know that reporters put in a lot of effort to spruce the articles up and I think they do a good job.

Moving onto rare values we have discussed this amongst management and we understand that with the introduction of the marketplace and the merge the demand for rare values has dropped considerably. To make our values more reflective of the marketplace and the current economy on Habbo.com we have introduced credit values to replace the club sofa values we previously had. Nevertheless we recognise that merely replicating the marketplace is not the way forward. As a result we intend to make rare values a more interactive resource rather than reference, merging the rare watch and offering features such as detailed graphs and a rare calculator so as to make our rare values appealing over the marketplace itself. Rare Values management are currently drawing up plans so stand by for its implementation. With v6 rare values will also become a lot more interactive and appealing for our members.

When it comes to content I will admit this is not my area of expertise. Nevertheless the content team do regularly update all content on Habbox.com and I do not think it's so much the content that is the problem, rather the navigation and promotion of content - which I believe is an issue that results in content being underused and under valued. Again this is something we are looking to change and more importantly will change drastically with V6.

I hate to keep falling back on the V6 "excuse" but it really is just as frustrating for us as it is for you that we are as yet unable to really get stuck into it's creation. Nevertheless please bear with us as we work to at least get some mock ups done and perhaps some low level coding that will hopefully mean V6 will be with us soon. It really is very difficult to work with what we've got already which is why a lot of our plans focus on really launching V6 with a bang.
can u do a tl;dr paragraph plz

In my view the main problem is that the site appears neglected because everyone is anticipating the V6 spec. Until it comes out and everyone knows where they stand, I can understand an apprehension in wanting to do major site work because it might suddenly get cut half way through.
the wat

fire alkaz
no
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=657002&page=1

GommeInc
28-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Effectively you're saying what happened in the past - A Site Manager OR General Manager and the forum was owned by jrh2002 so the work load was spread. You could have a Forum Manager and Site Manager, and dissolve the General Manager title as it is a bit of a wasted title when so many tasks involve a GM.

Also, I think Habbo doesn't help fansites when they have this anti-fansite view. Obviously it's not entirely to blame, it's just a contributing factor.

xxMATTGxx
28-07-2010, 12:29 PM

Love the post Richie but I don't think that's what they are quiet getting at. :P

yeah but it doesn't because none of you seem to add little things onto habbox to make it more interactive and friendly. nothing major has changed on the main site since i started using it in 2006, it's the same old. habbo is moving on. other fansites are moving on. habbox isn't. don't get me wrong habbox is still my favourite and the biggest site ever on habbo and i'm not one of those who are like "OMG IT GOING DOWNHILL" but i just think a bit more emphasis on the main site wud be luvly.

at mike yeah thats why i turned down staff editor cuz it's a **** boring job lol and i'd get rly bored and start taking ages and it's not imaginative for me so i know i'd be poop so i said no and resigned. how dare nvr even ask ;l

I agree the site isn't up to "todays" standard of Habbo fansites. There is some great sites out there with fantastic layouts and then when see Habbox, it's like "Oh". We are quite restricted on what we can add to the current site as things don't seem to fit in well or not at all, I think the only major change this year I would say is how the Rare Values look which I believe is also getting more improvements and changes sometime soon.

The problem is, we are all waiting for V6 of the site. Although we have been told some sort of specification won't be in our hands within the next X amount of weeks and will be a while. That is very frustrating for us to start work on anything for the big "Habbox Change", although we are currently creating and discussing many different designs for next layout and also what we can add to it in terms of features.

I will admit, I do love the forum and this where I started. Although each department I care about and if any issues arise, I will try my best to deal with them. The main site is outdated and does look dull but like I have said, it is a problem we are facing and trying to deal with.

I know we keep going on about V6 this, V6 that but this is our only big hope for the change Habbox needs. The current system we use, Joomla is a pain in the backside and most people who use it, hate it.

immense
28-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Effectively you're saying what happened in the past - A Site Manager OR General Manager and the forum was owned by jrh2002 so the work load was spread. You could have a Forum Manager and Site Manager, and dissolve the General Manager title as it is a bit of a wasted title when so many tasks involve a GM.

Also, I think Habbo doesn't help fansites when they have this anti-fansite view. Obviously it's not entirely to blame, it's just a contributing factor.
LMFAO RYAN AT YOU STILL HAVING FOM IN UR SIG, DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER WHAT WE SAID THAT MEANS

p.s. loving ur almost at 20k posts habbox god :O:O!! x

Love the post Richie but I don't think that's what they are quiet getting at. :P

I agree the site isn't up to "todays" standard of Habbo fansites. There is some great sites out there with fantastic layouts and then when see Habbox, it's like "Oh". We are quite restricted on what we can add to the current site as things don't seem to fit in well or not at all, I think the only major change this year I would say is how the Rare Values look which I believe is also getting more improvements and changes sometime soon.

The problem is, we are all waiting for V6 of the site. Although we have been told some sort of specification won't be in our hands within the next X amount of weeks and will be a while. That is very frustrating for us to start work on anything for the big "Habbox Change", although we are currently creating and discussing many different designs for next layout and also what we can add to it in terms of features.

I will admit, I do love the forum and this where I started. Although each department I care about and if any issues arise, I will try my best to deal with them. The main site is outdated and does look dull but like I have said, it is a problem we are facing and trying to deal with.

I know we keep going on about V6 this, V6 that but this is our only big hope for the change Habbox needs. The current system we use, Joomla is a pain in the backside and most people who use it, hate it.

well as long as you know it's crap and are going to change it asap then that's all good

Meanies
28-07-2010, 12:33 PM
no
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=657002&page=1

ye. you're saying the site isn't as good anymore, it doesnt need gm help to make it good, its his role
&am i not allowed to see whats goin on no. sure you quit like 20 times ebfore:S

immense
28-07-2010, 12:37 PM
ye. you're saying the site isn't as good anymore, it doesnt need gm help to make it good, its his role
&am i not allowed to see whats goin on no. sure you quit like 20 times ebfore:S

i have never genuinely said i am quitting (in public ;l) so ****

GommeInc
28-07-2010, 12:38 PM
LMFAO RYAN AT YOU STILL HAVING FOM IN UR SIG, DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER WHAT WE SAID THAT MEANS

p.s. loving ur almost at 20k posts habbox god :O:O!! x
F.O.M. :D

I've noticed other sites tend to merge the forum and the site together, as well as other sites/profiles Habbox are involved with. Like Twitter feeds from Habbox coming up on Habbox. The home pages on other sites are alot nice too, they're not crammed with every known article of information but do not make it hard to find either. The news on habbox is just clutter to me, what if news is of zero interest seeing as Habbo already have such information? :P Reduce the news to just the article name, and let the users do the rest. It's definitely in need of a complete overhaul.

Tintinnabulate
28-07-2010, 12:39 PM
i have never genuinely said i am quitting (in public ;l) so ****

Is the v6 going to be done by October?
Btw Jake, love the HF skin. If only hxf was that good.

immense
28-07-2010, 12:40 PM

I've noticed other sites tend to merge the forum and the site together, as well as other sites/profiles Habbox are involved with. Like Twitter feeds from Habbox coming up on Habbox. The home pages on other sites are alot nice too, they're not crammed with every known article of information but do not make it hard to find either. The news on habbox is just clutter to me, what if news is of zero interest seeing as Habbo already have such information? :P Reduce the news to just the article name, and let the users do the rest. It's definitely in need of a complete overhaul.

lmao hahaha love that sig so much, classic! and yeah, if you look at hffm or ch (examples) they are sooo much nicer than habbox but the general management team have said they know and waiting for version 6 (wat even is version 6 :S) to come out and they will get onto it asap. they're discussing ideas atm so all good. they need me i think to write fun news with pyroka but i cnt be hired so their loss :S X

---------- Post added 28-07-2010 at 01:41 PM ----------

thnx! when the forum got deleted the other day (LMFAO LONG STORY) we had to go to a back up and that skin came back and we were all like woop we like this

Martin
28-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Agree with pretty much everything here really. It does often seem that the content depatments get far less chance to achieve what they want in terms of site content. The site is now very outdated and could certainly do with a good few changes to keep things new and interesting.

To keep new members interested, and just to please the many, many visitors the site gets, I think we should be aiming to improve all aspects of the site. The whole Habbox name is tainted when we put on a poor show, and I think generally people are expecting far more from Habbos biggest and oldest fansite.

V6 does sound exciting, and I know there are going to be changes there which will make the whole site a lot easier to use and cater for everyone. This does need to not drag on too long though in my view, since already the site itself seems to be getting less attention and certain aspects are slipping.

I've been waiting for a youtube plugin or something similar for a while now, and I understand Jin is busy, but it seems he's the only one able to sort it. Other little issues do need sorting, and more organisation in general needed to ensure the site is given major priority. I think lots of people view the site each day, whether it's for rare values, hxl, news or content- but I think more can be done to get even more. Rare values may be a bit less used than perhaps a year ago, but there are plenty of other ways in which fansites can draw in the members and we need to work on strategies to achieve this.

I do however think Joe and everyone is doing a good job with what they've got. It's hard waiting for a new version to be planned and acted upon, and It's probably a very busy time for them during the planning process. I would advise not to let the core elements of the site slip though, and even whilst waiting for a new version, changes can still be made. Maybe even small things to freshen things up, or a temporary new layout or something. I can see why HxF has been getting a lot of attention lately though, as a boost on the forum was perhaps needed, and the forum is still a really important part of Habbox. I just feel once the site is at it's best- this will help the forum out too as the overall picture will be far greater.

immense
28-07-2010, 12:44 PM
I've been waiting for a youtube plugin or something similar for a while now, and I understand Jin is busy, but it seems he's the only one able to sort it. Other little issues do need sorting, and more organisation in general needed to ensure the site is given major priority. I think lots of people view the site each day, whether it's for rare values, hxl, news or content- but I think more can be done to get even more. Rare values may be a bit less used than perhaps a year ago, but there are plenty of other ways in which fansites can draw in the members and we need to work on strategies to achieve this..
this is what i mean by a gm who can code. idk if this is even coding (lol) but 8f8 or mad wudda done that in minutes and it's small things like this that aren't done any more.

xxMATTGxx
28-07-2010, 12:44 PM

I believe what we want to do is so that the user has a choice on what content shows on the front page. Whether you want news and what not. If that makes sense?

I can't confirm any dates for V6 at this moment in time.

immense
28-07-2010, 12:46 PM
habbopedia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

might be copyright issues, i know wiki have moaned before but like users submit articles about habbo from hotel managers to rares and obviously content staff will have to verify it but tht wud be well gooood. me and garion can start it with our habbox stories seeing as we're gr8 at writing

xxMATTGxx
28-07-2010, 12:52 PM
this is what i mean by a gm who can code. idk if this is even coding (lol) but 8f8 or mad wudda done that in minutes and it's small things like this that aren't done any more.

It's not coding. But I think we had an issue on finding the correct plugin or whatever it was Martin was looking for. I suppose myself and Martin can have another look for it and see what we can do.

might be copyright issues, i know wiki have moaned before but like users submit articles about habbo from hotel managers to rares and obviously content staff will have to verify it but tht wud be well gooood. me and garion can start it with our habbox stories seeing as we're gr8 at writing

I thought you could download the software wikipedia use and then have your on "Pedia" site. :S

Edit: I think I'm thinking MediaWiki which is like the same of some sort.

Tintinnabulate
28-07-2010, 12:53 PM
HabboPedia would be a good idea - bit like Habbo(x) history.

Storking
28-07-2010, 12:59 PM
most people are growing up and are only interested in the forum side of fansites nowadays, I don't think it's because of managers slacking or not being interested in it :)

immense
28-07-2010, 01:01 PM
maybe merge rare values with the forum and close the site ;l cud have the radio playing too and like news cud be on the forum

Meanies
28-07-2010, 01:02 PM
I've been waiting for a youtube plugin or something similar for a while now, and I understand Jin is busy, but it seems he's the only one able to sort it. Other little issues do need sorting, and more organisation in general needed to ensure the site is given major priority. I think lots of people view the site each day, whether it's for rare values, hxl, news or content- but I think more can be done to get even more. Rare values may be a bit less used than perhaps a year ago, but there are plenty of other ways in which fansites can draw in the members and we need to work on strategies to achieve this.

don't even need a plugin to add youtube videos lol. sure copying the embed code works. or just use the JCE editor if its not in use already - http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/edition/editors/88

Robbie
28-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Make me GM that will solve all problems

EDIT: jake (pasta) I think Hx Joomla uses TinyMCE and not JCE, but yeah embed code init

Meanies
28-07-2010, 01:06 PM

http://habbo.wikia.com/wiki/HabboWiki

why do something done already, it'd end up like the image archive
and when the idea was brought up in the past someone said no we cant have guests editing content blabla

Inseriousity.
28-07-2010, 01:07 PM
I think that there is that layer of approval that's normally unnecessary. It seems to me that there are always high expectations and everything needs to be spot on first time. If a v6 was released, there could be feedback thread on what to improve and then change things where needed. Instead, it goes through multiple levels of approval before they release it (and then there's normally a feedback thread anyway!). I may be wrong but how long has 'Habbox v6' been in progress cos it's seemed an awfully long time?

Meanies
28-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Make me GM that will solve all problems

EDIT: jake (pasta) I think Hx Joomla uses TinyMCE and not JCE, but yeah embed code init

you as gm would send the site further to ruins !!
tiny is **** lol, jce is way better. make matt install it

Martin
28-07-2010, 01:08 PM
don't even need a plugin to add youtube videos lol. sure copying the embed code works. or just use the JCE editor if its not in use already - http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/edition/editors/88

Embedding doesn't seem to work (have tried numerous times), and I don't think I'm allowed to turn on editors ect. It's just left as it is. :D I'm sure it will get sorted eventually anyway!

@Jake: I have seen a few examples of News departments migrating to the forum, and it does seem to work quite well in most cases. It not only ensures that the news is always available and having designated people to do this, but it also boosts forum discussions, triggers great conversation and just seems to work in a nice organised way.

I don't think we would be allowed to do that here though, I just guess we will wait and see what V6 is like. I'm hearing that articles will be smaller and more of a "preview" on the front page, rather than the whole article being displayed in a list etc. xD

immense
it hasn't been done already properly, that is a huge niche imo and if habbox did it properly i think that's what they could be known for

Meanies
I think that there is that layer of approval that's normally unnecessary. It seems to me that there are always high expectations and everything needs to be spot on first time. If a v6 was released, there could be feedback thread on what to improve and then change things where needed. Instead, it goes through multiple levels of approval before they release it (and then there's normally a feedback thread anyway!). I may be wrong but how long has 'Habbox v6' been in progress cos it's seemed an awfully long time?

was discussion about it back in january and probably before lol
but seemingly its still only being discussed..

xxMATTGxx
28-07-2010, 01:10 PM
you as gm would send the site further to ruins !!
tiny is **** lol, jce is way better. make matt install it

Embedding doesn't seem to work (have tried numerous times), and I don't think I'm allowed to turn on editors ect. It's just left as it is. :D I'm sure it will get sorted eventually anyway!

@Jake: I have seen a few examples of News departments migrating to the forum, and it does seem to work quite well in most cases. It not only ensures that the news is always available and having designated people to do this, but it also boosts forum discussions, triggers great conversation and just seems to work in a nice organised way.

I don't think we would be allowed to do that here though, I just guess we will wait and see what V6 is like. I'm hearing that articles will be smaller and more of a "preview" on the front page, rather than the whole article being displayed in a list etc. xD

Video embedding works of some sort now.

Robbie
The reason v6 hasn't been released is because Jin wants it doing a certain way and so he writes up a 'spec' on what it should have and how it should be coded etc and were still waiting for that basically

Meanies
it hasn't been done already properly, that is a huge niche imo and if habbox did it properly i think that's what they could be known for

spose, but i can't see it working on hx because of how scared everyone is of something going wrong
they'd either make it only staff who can update it, or every little change has to be approved by someone like the old habbo friends system and then if something goes wrong with it no one will bother fixing it like most things

---------- Post added 28-07-2010 at 02:12 PM ----------

Video embedding works of some sort now.

i actually remember it not working now. meant we had to get rid of most of the games or something because it wouldn't work right, and that was sometime last year and its still not fixed properly??

but srsly install jce, it's so much easier to use than other editors

xxMATTGxx
28-07-2010, 01:13 PM
spose, but i can't see it working on hx because of how scared everyone is of something going wrong
they'd either make it only staff who can update it, or every little change has to be approved by someone like the old habbo friends system and then if something goes wrong with it no one will bother fixing it like most things

---------- Post added 28-07-2010 at 02:12 PM ----------

i actually remember it not working now. meant we had to get rid of most of the games or something because it wouldn't work right, and that was sometime last year and its still not fixed properly??

but srsly install jce, it's so much easier to use than other editors

I think it now works. I'm only just "previewing it" so it's not like saved to the actual site, but the video shows and what not. I'll look into JCE anyway! :P

Catzsy
28-07-2010, 01:21 PM

Couldn't agree with you more, richie, but not a bad way of publicising his forum I guess. :P Also Habbox is not in bad shape at all - plenty of members coming on. I don't know about the site because I am not code savyy but it looks okay to me. Just sounds like sour grapes half the time.

Meanies
28-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Couldn't agree with you more, richie, but not a bad way of publicising his forum I guess. :P Also Habbox is not in bad shape at all - plenty of members coming on. I don't know about the site because I am not code savyy but it looks okay to me. Just sounds like sour grapes half the time.

you don't have to be code savvy to know if a site is run well or not :S

Catzsy
28-07-2010, 01:29 PM

Well I think the running of it is fine. I thought it was the look of it people were complaining about. Dan is working on the rare values side of it as he is well aware of the impact of Marketplace.

Tintinnabulate
28-07-2010, 01:58 PM

Design is awful and has been admitted by general management. You seem to have this auto "defend habbox even if I am wrong" thing in your head.

Catzsy
28-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Design is awful and has been admitted by general management. You seem to have this auto "defend habbox even if I am wrong" thing in your head.

If you read my post I said that I couldn't really comment of the design because I am not code savvy. Also I only defend Habbox if I think they are right. Up to you if you think I am wrong and tbh it doesn't bother me one iota.

HotelUser
28-07-2010, 02:29 PM

She's entitled to her opinion, just as you are entitled to plaster yours all over feedback :P

I do not think there are many content based staffmembers who would suggest that they're still a fan of Habbox.com in terms of site design and features offered. I remember when Habbox.com made the transition to Joomla and although I was not a fan, I did think at the time that it at least looked very good. That was years ago, and now I believe it's outlived its welcome.

What annoys me is how for months and months we've been discussing overhauling the site, but up until recently there's been little leeway to start maneuvering. Why this was so? I've no idea, but it really doesn't matter. The coders now have a basic principal for what Habbox.com should feature, and I think most everyone is on the same page as to how it should be designed.

It would be easy to say that general management over prioritize the forum where other elements of Habbox remain neglected simply because HxF is at the heart of the fansite and requires an immense amount of attention as well as impeccable decision making. Despite this, though, I wouldn't say they're over prioritizing anything. Dealing on the forum is just very time consuming, and since it's where most all user -> staff communication takes place, we just notice more being done around the forum.

Meanies
28-07-2010, 02:52 PM
She's entitled to her opinion, just as you are entitled to plaster yours all over feedback :P

I do not think there are many content based staffmembers who would suggest that they're still a fan of Habbox.com in terms of site design and features offered. I remember when Habbox.com made the transition to Joomla and although I was not a fan, I did think at the time that it at least looked very good. That was years ago, and now I believe it's outlived its welcome.

What annoys me is how for months and months we've been discussing overhauling the site, but up until recently there's been little leeway to start maneuvering. Why this was so? I've no idea, but it really doesn't matter. The coders now have a basic principal for what Habbox.com should feature, and I think most everyone is on the same page as to how it should be designed.

It would be easy to say that general management over prioritize the forum where other elements of Habbox remain neglected simply because HxF is at the heart of the fansite and requires an immense amount of attention as well as impeccable decision making. Despite this, though, I wouldn't say they're over prioritizing anything. Dealing on the forum is just very time consuming, and since it's where most all user -> staff communication takes place, we just notice more being done around the forum.

Why are you saying that it's Joomla that makes it not look very good, its the design that makes it not look good. Joomla is very powerful when used correctly, which Habbox isn't utilising well.

@ the bold bits - it's not the heart of the fansite. what part of Habbox is official? the main site.
2nd bold bit - more is noticed as being done on the forum because that's what users give feedback on, rarely do people give feedback on the site. when i was agm i made a few threads asking for feedback on things to do with the site and was lucky if there was one page of replies. the forum feedback thread the other week got over 25 pages i think. this is probably because people who use the site don't use the forum which maybe should be advertised more on the site, and people who use the forum don't use the site

immense
28-07-2010, 02:56 PM
wrong. habbox is in bad shape. matt has said this. it's not on about the forum, the site. *REMOVED*

+1

+1

Edited by Nicola (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude towards other forum members.

Catzsy
28-07-2010, 03:06 PM
wrong. habbox is in bad shape. matt has said this. it's not on about the forum, the site. *REMOVED*

+1

+1

Seriously Jake , very few people care what you think and also I am entitled to post. The forum and site is a lot more than just the design and everybody works damn hard here to keep it popular. For somebody who pops on a few times here and there to advertise your website you have a lot to say for yourself.

HotelUser
28-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Why are you saying that it's Joomla that makes it not look very good, its the design that makes it not look good. Joomla is very powerful when used correctly, which Habbox isn't utilising well.

@ the bold bits - it's not the heart of the fansite. what part of Habbox is official? the main site.
2nd bold bit - more is noticed as being done on the forum because that's what users give feedback on, rarely do people give feedback on the site. when i was agm i made a few threads asking for feedback on things to do with the site and was lucky if there was one page of replies. the forum feedback thread the other week got over 25 pages i think. this is probably because people who use the site don't use the forum which maybe should be advertised more on the site, and people who use the forum don't use the site

I did not specifically say that Joomla's ruining Habbox.com. It's just simply not needed and leaves too many unnecessary wires running around for what we need and wish to accomplish. Building the website from scratch opens the doors towards implement the exact features we want, how we want them, and most importantly it allows the entire gist of the site to overcome constraints imposed by Joomla (primarily focusing around what we wish to accomplish with ease of template implementation for future design changes, and us taking advantage of what a Javascript library such as JQuery has to offer).

Perhaps saying the forum is the heart of Habbox was going abit too far, although it most certainly is the heart of the community in the sense that it's where most all confrontation and communication amongst--well--everyone takes place.

Blob
28-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Design planning has started with many people chipping in with feature ideas as well as improvements upon a layout we have.

I also believe David and I are going to start coding the backend features, such as a MySQL class and also a new permissions system.

There is quite a lot to be coded, and we can only do parts of that with limited resources and it's quite hard.

Also about your General Managers who can code, I do agree to some extent as they are the only people who can mainly fix the main website, Site Coders can only fix certain aspects of the website stored in a folder.

immense
28-07-2010, 03:12 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by Nixt (Assistant General Manager): Please do not be rude toward other members.

HotelUser
28-07-2010, 03:14 PM
REMOVED
Your post count is completely and absolutely irrelevant towards how much anybody values or respects your opinion, Jake.

immense
28-07-2010, 03:15 PM
whatever

Edited by Mr-Trainor (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

Catzsy
28-07-2010, 03:19 PM
REMOVED

immense
28-07-2010, 03:21 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by Nixt (Assistant General Manager): Please do not be rude.

HotelUser
28-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Design planning has started with many people chipping in with feature ideas as well as improvements upon a layout we have.

I also believe David and I are going to start coding the backend features, such as a MySQL class and also a new permissions system.

With our general floor plan subject to change, yes, we can still work on elements which would be generic regardless :)

Tintinnabulate
28-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Seriously Jake , very few people care what you think

That is damn right rude and a disgraceful comment. -rep
Atleast HE POSTS THREADS with suggestions and I am not sure if you have failed to realise, but most people posted agreed with him. And remember that thread by lorren ages ago which had pages and pages of replies and so much was implemented? Well Jake wrote it all, so yeah he does post great ideas. What a stupid comment you made.

Also he hasn't advertised HF in ages :S :S :S.

Edit: Nemo just said he advertised it today. Wow once in ages.

immense
28-07-2010, 03:43 PM
innit but because they think im a trouble maker and she is supposedly respectable nothing will be done. whatever though. i've never seen her produce any good ideas to be fair lmao. if it was against a new user they'd go nuts but because it's me and they think i don't care (i'm really upset) nothing will be done. please help.

Catzsy
28-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Atleast HE POSTS THREADS with suggestions and I am not sure if you have failed to realise, but most people posted agreed with him. And remember that thread by lorren ages ago which had pages and pages of replies and so much was implemented? Well Jake wrote it all, so yeah he does post great ideas. What a stupid comment you made.

I think we all make suggestions, Saurav but not all of us make personal attacks on the staff. You are obviously entitled to your opinion and to giving - rep but I am entitled to mine too. As I said previously there is nothing much wrong with Habbox and the only issue seems to be the design of the site that I am not really as 'up' as you on so can't make any valuable suggestions there.

HotelUser
28-07-2010, 03:45 PM

His advertising was executed in an entirely inappropriate and immature manner which I believe is what Rosie wasn't happy with, Saurav.

Either way can we please keep this post on topic, because I'm genuinely interested to hear what features are wanted in Habbox.com and any petty arguing about totally thread irrelevant issues helps nobody :P

immense
28-07-2010, 03:47 PM
I think we all make suggestions, Saurav but not all of us make personal attacks on the staff. You are obviously entitled to your opinion and to giving - rep but I am entitled to mine too. As I said previously there is nothing much wrong with Habbox and the only issue seems to be the design of the site that I am not really as 'up' as you on so can't make any valuable suggestions there.
there is something wrong with habbox. it's ugly. the general manager has said this himself. you're not going to get management, honestly. they've been trying to fire you for ages and you gave them what they wanted lol! X

His advertising was executed in an entirely inappropriate and immature manner which I believe is what Rosie wasn't happy with, Saurav.

Either way can we please keep this post on topic, because I'm genuinely interested to hear what features are wanted in Habbox.com and any petty arguing about totally thread irrelevant issues helps nobody :P
hey dave

Catzsy
28-07-2010, 03:50 PM
there is something wrong with habbox. it's ugly. the general manager has said this himself. you're not going to get management, honestly. they've been trying to fire you for ages and you gave them what they wanted lol! X

The design, maybe, but that is not the whole of Habbox is it? Why try to cause trouble all the time by telling complete untruths?

immense
28-07-2010, 03:50 PM
no but it scares people away. i'm not lying. oli pm'd garion about it.

HotelUser
28-07-2010, 03:52 PM
The design, maybe but that is not the whole of Habbox is it? Why try to cause trouble all the time by telling complete untruths?

A lot of the content is awesome, and instead of saying otherwise I think I'll leave it at saying that Joe plans on revamping a lot of content too. Introductions of generally fun, interesting content to attract and keep eyes glued to the site.

Catzsy
28-07-2010, 03:55 PM
no but it scares people away. i'm not lying. oli pm'd garion about it.

Just checked. Completely untrue. Feel better now? As others have said maybe best to get into the suggestions to improve the site.

immense
28-07-2010, 03:56 PM
lmao! because they're just going to admit it... i saw the pm.

anyway, i'm going to ignore the bully, any more ideas for habbox.com peeps =] X

Nixt
28-07-2010, 03:58 PM
I can't remember any such PM. Anyway thread closed because it's gone completely off topic and is just being used to target people.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!