PDA

View Full Version : My iPhone 4 lasted 4 hour :@

Jamieb
28-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Hello,

Just a little rant... Picked up my iPhone 4 today, then 4 hours later no sound coming from it on calls... then spent 2 and half hours being transferd between people from apple :@ EVERYTHING I brought from Apple always had problems... Really annoying me because I got to drive Manchester tomorrow to get it replaced...

Grrrr....

Jamie

Moved by danzooo (Forum Moderator) from "Technology Discussion" main forum.

Jordan
28-07-2010, 06:25 PM
oo Unlucky, I was going to get one. But in the end there were so many problems with it, So i passed ;o

Special
28-07-2010, 06:41 PM
oh no - i know how far manchester is from you (quite a drive) because i only live about 15 miles away! anyway, i hope you get your new phone fixed... & if i were you, i wouldn't buy any of Apples products again!

Jamieb
28-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Haha, yeah going to be about hour drive, I have driving into manchester aswell. Where abouts you from?

kk.
28-07-2010, 06:46 PM
You should tell apple and ask them to reimburse some of the cost of the phone for you lol. As it is there fault

Apple
28-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Shame to hear that, I know that I would of been very annoyed if anything was to of happened on the day I got mine. I wouldn't be put off from any of Apples products though, the amount of quality and detail they put into their products is unbelievable so things like this do not happen very often. If I was you I would try to milk a few accessories out of it, I am having no problems at all with the Antenna but I still went and claimed a free case. :)

kk.
28-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Shame to hear that, I know that I would of been very annoyed if anything was to of happened on the day I got mine. I wouldn't be put off from any of Apples products though, the amount of quality and detail they put into their products is unbelievable so things like this do not happen very often. If I was you I would try to milk a few accessories out of it, I am having no problems at all with the Antenna but I still went and claimed a free case. :)

lol same with the antenna. Mine came today, and it's actually not that bad! I never had a case on my 3GS but the bumper isn't too intruding

Jamieb
28-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Ahh thanks, you think I will get anything for free? Not sort of person to go hassling the people :P But it is costing me a trip to Manchester... :P

kk.
28-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Ahh thanks, you think I will get anything for free? Not sort of person to go hassling the people :P But it is costing me a trip to Manchester... :P

Well you will get a free case anyway if you haven't already, but I would definitely try. Say that you've had to come in a car so that's a 2 hour trip
Just for their error.

Jamieb
28-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Yeah well worth a try.... Allthough they did hear me refer to them at "F'king Geeks" today when they put me on hold after being on phone for 90min :L

Jamieb
29-07-2010, 10:47 PM
GRR apple!

After waiting for 2 hours to speak to a guy about it (even though I had a slot!) they said to me "It wasn't apples problem it was car phone warehouse" so I start going "How the hell is it NOT apples phone... what is this logo on the back? is it an apple!?" he was like "Yes" so I said "It is your problem then...." so after abit of argument he decided he would restore it for some reason then replace it after 3 hours in the apple shop... Then when I said are you going to throw something in for free for my 3 hour wait and 1 hour drive to manchester and parking? and he said "No because you didnt get the phone from apple" at this point i just said "okay" and walked out...! Do you think its worth emailing customer department and complain? All i wanted was a car charger or something lol.

kk.
29-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Never email if you want something free. Always ring. Of the person on the end of the phone can't do anything, ask to speak to their manager/supervisor. If they can't, ask to speak to theirs. Etc etc. Keep saying that you'll never buy from them again.

Failing that, email [email protected] or something lol

Jamieb
29-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Haha yeah I will tomorrow... But 3 hours to speak to someone who told me it wasnt apples problem pissed me off I wanted to just walk out haha... You think I will get anything free?

kk.
29-07-2010, 10:55 PM
I can't say for sure but you can always try. Just keep on reiterating how crap they are and that you'll never buy from them again lol. Then complain you had to ring up to complain and it's taking more time :P

Recursion
29-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Yes.

Or even [email protected] might be a good idea... Although I doubt it's actually Jobs who replies.

Jamieb
29-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Haha, well I will do it in studio tomorrow when im down london, record it and see if they offer me.... then I can take the words and mess about with them so they say funny stuff... that will be worth it aswell tbh :P.... only good thing about today was I saw Izzy from coronation street in apple shop...

Apple
30-07-2010, 02:48 AM
Haha, well I will do it in studio tomorrow when im down london, record it and see if they offer me.... then I can take the words and mess about with them so they say funny stuff... that will be worth it aswell tbh :P.... only good thing about today was I saw Izzy from coronation street in apple shop...
Is she the one in the wheelchair? And if you edit the conversation, don't forget to post it here. :)

Jamieb
30-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Yeah! The one with Kirk, I was going to say Hello, but she was looking into iMacs and I thought she must be thinking hard to invest in a 2/3 grand imac and wouldnt want people bugging her :P

Jamie

Apple
30-07-2010, 10:51 AM
oo Unlucky, I was going to get one. But in the end there were so many problems with it, So i passed ;o

Yeah! The one with Kirk, I was going to say Hello, but she was looking into iMacs and I thought she must be thinking hard to invest in a 2/3 grand imac and wouldnt want people bugging her :P

Jamie
Yeh if you ever see someone famous or from the TV irl you need to be pretty careful about how you start talking to them. It must be horrible for them getting pestered everywhere although if you really want to speak to someone then make sure it is relevant to the current situation. So you could of said something about the iMac, perhaps you switched from PC and bought one 4 years ago and since then you have always used Macs because you love them so much? This type of thing worked for me as I once saw Andy from emmerdale in Currys when I was buying my 360, he had a PS3 at the checkout so I managed to spark a conversation and he just gave me a massive lecture on how I should get a PS3 lol.

Jamieb
30-07-2010, 10:59 AM
I just spoke to them, they told me is wasnt apples fault! because it was from carphone ware house and they are 'sorry' i spent about 40 getting to the apple shop and the 2 hour wait and the 2 and half phone convo other night. And the woman said she sent a complainant.... I got really annoyed with her!

Matthew
30-07-2010, 11:00 AM
when my dad got an iPod classic a few years ago, he had to send it back 3 times, and he ended up getting the iPod classic for free, + £50 of iTunes vouchers because he pestered them about it so much.

my dads really good at arguing though, but it must be worth a try to get something for free :P

Jamieb
30-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Haha, they kept telling me to write i letter.. by this time im nearly shouting im saying "im not writing a f'in letter! Unless your paying for the stamp!"

But going to write a letter today.

Matthew
30-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Haha, they kept telling me to write i letter.. by this time im nearly shouting im saying "im not writing a f'in letter! Unless your paying for the stamp!"

But going to write a letter today.
good luck :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!