PDA

View Full Version : Installing windows 7

Richie
30-07-2010, 12:09 AM
Installing windows 7 on top of windows 7, is there a way to install windows 7 over windows 7 but reboot the comp to fact settings?

I really cba to reboot to fact settings then install.

If theres no way to do this could someone explain how I can make a backup disc so it restores to just windows 7 and factory settings (once reset to factory settings & w7 installed)

Apolva
30-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Surely wiping the partition and installing a fresh copy of windows will reset it to factory settings?

Unless you mean getting rid of all that pre-loaded crapware?

Richie
30-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Surely wiping the partition and installing a fresh copy of windows will reset it to factory settings?

Unless you mean getting rid of all that pre-loaded crapware?

Yeah I have a bunch of programs that I don't need which is why I wana reboot to factory settings

xxMATTGxx
30-07-2010, 12:36 AM
Yeah I have a bunch of programs that I don't need which is why I wana reboot to factory settings

So you want to install Windows 7 fresh but you already have Windows 7 installed? When installing and you choose the drive. You can tell it to format and install that way, unless I have what you are asking wrong.

LMS16
30-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Backup your personal files, insert disc, delete any recovery partitions as these are crap anyway (never get discs), extend ur primary partition, then format it, install :) put ur personal files back on :)

Done.

Lew.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!