PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] My Latest Hotel | x |

rokgal
30-07-2010, 11:07 AM
from previous work im sure ive improved but i still cant find the right colour im sorry i dont have any wips, i never do but i made it from scratch and if you think its ripped think for yourself as it is not i have just realised i didnt finish the windows :L loool

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy257/neonsockzx/Buildingpixelart.png

Jessicrawrr
30-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Very nice, but it's very plain and doesn't have much detail on it, try adding detail to the blank parts of it :)

dbgtz
30-07-2010, 12:18 PM
light usually would come from the top of a building so the top should be the lightest really. Those support beams look really out of place, could not support the building on top. You don't need 4 doors either and like those doors are mahoosive but the one at the top is midget, make the ones u made alot smaller.

Storking
30-07-2010, 12:22 PM
i love it, great detail

Matthew
30-07-2010, 12:22 PM
its too plain, its just 2 blocks of nothing stacked on top of each other. add windows, make it more interesting.
as mr selena gomez said, the top of the building is normally the lightest part, and your alt should reflect that.
needs a lot more work, but its getting there i suppose.

Cheryl
30-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Despite what you said in the OP, I think this is ripped as the detailing in the windows would suggest, as in your last building you couldn't even draw and isometric line. To prove this would you mind giving us the password for your Photobucket album this alteration was uploaded into, this would prove that you have atleast uploaded it yourself, and not used the original direct link.

Matthew
30-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Despite what you said in the OP, I think this is ripped as the detailing in the windows would suggest, as in your last building you couldn't even draw and isometric line. To prove this would you mind giving us the password for your Photobucket album this alteration was uploaded into, this would prove that you have atleast uploaded it yourself, and not used the original direct link.

agreed. + the skill used in the very top of the building and windows as a whole doesnt fit in with the large empty blocks, its definately a bit suspicious. :P

Accipiter
30-07-2010, 12:59 PM
I do believe it is yours

As from the previous thread you did learn isometrics, and the lines in the windows are basic knowledge to many after a few alts, The building is plain, you should start with a few more smaller alts so you can add a bit more detail and have more time to do the little things.

Cheryl
30-07-2010, 01:06 PM
I do believe it is yours

As from the previous thread you did learn isometrics, and the lines in the windows are basic knowledge to many after a few alts, The building is plain, you should start with a few more smaller alts so you can add a bit more detail and have more time to do the little things.

I agree that she learnt isometric lines, and you said after a few alts the windows are obvious/ learnt after a few alts, but looking at the state of her last one, going straight to that, which is what I am assuming she is wanting us to think she has, is a large jump. OP, please correct me if I am wrong and show us any others you may have done.

Accipiter
30-07-2010, 01:21 PM
He's obviously had a look at other images (i believe he's used the doors from the mainly hotel view) or atleast replicated them near enough, so while looking at that i feel he may have learn't reflection / light effects.

They aren't hard to do you generally only need 2 shades of what ever is shining

rokgal
30-07-2010, 01:26 PM
I do believe it is yours

THANKYOU someone on my side btw the on where i was bobba wasnt my latest building i done before this and as in the description i said i just realised i didnt finish the windows

and this is my previous one that i did post

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy257/neonsockzx/v3.png
... not that rubbish one from the beggining of july!!!!!!!

Accipiter
30-07-2010, 01:32 PM
I do believe you have the potential to become better you just now need to try more complicated things, make try doing a small suburban house shape xD

rokgal
30-07-2010, 01:37 PM
err ok but the tiles and like floor boards and stuff ill try and ddo will be *****

Accipiter
30-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Just use trial and error, if you think they look bad, try and pin point the worst bit and change it to something else :) like lighter shades or separate it more

that was just one example you can try anything you like :)

rokgal
30-07-2010, 01:54 PM
:p ill try at it and pm it to you x :P

btw i finished the plain windowing bits but too me its a bit crowded x

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy257/neonsockzx/Buildingpixelart-1.png

Jessicrawrr
30-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Yeah, all the windows are way too much ;P
You should try a bigger window with views inside the hotel maybe,
or draw a logo for the hotel :)

smiffy70
30-07-2010, 05:41 PM
no offence but can you do mirror work in a generator? coz the windows curve in exact same place on both sides, take a look at the right sides of bottom windows to see wat im on about

Hayleigh
30-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Everyones being really rude tbh maybe some constructive advice like the light one :) i really like it :)

Samantha
30-07-2010, 08:54 PM
The windows are way too much, why don't you do a few on each side. I believe you copied and pasted the windows over and over and didn't really look if they were straigth Charlotte. They are quite rushed I do admit.

Also, the pillars holding up the hotel are uneven, if you look at each end they are different sizes away if you get me.

It would look better lighter at the top like Mr. Selena Gomez said.

Also another colour would be really good as if you had that in real life you would have flys and ladybirds on it a lot in summer.

Also the windows are tremendously small, maybe expand on them a bit, make them a bit bigger and less of them.

I think that when the corner point comes you could like do a glass escalator type thing? so you can actually get upto the top level, unless you put an helicopter pad on top.

And what is it meant to be? Office buildings? Flats? Flats would be good if you added balconies too and maybe incorporate plants on the balconies.

Anyhow Charlotte you have really improved from your first design however, I really like your version two on the other thread better.

But I hope you will take my ideas into consideration!

Gibs960
30-07-2010, 09:00 PM
I like it but it definitely needs more shading! :)

Kronics
01-08-2010, 01:21 PM
It's a working progress i'd say :D

Tintinnabulate
05-08-2010, 07:59 AM
I likee it :) Slowly add some more detail like the Habbo ones and it will be stunning.

Nemo
05-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Like i said in the other thread, try and add more details like a balcony or windows, and perhaps create a unique background too?

rokgal
13-08-2010, 01:39 PM
The windows are way too much, why don't you do a few on each side. I believe you copied and pasted the windows over and over and didn't really look if they were straigth Charlotte. They are quite rushed I do admit.

Also, the pillars holding up the hotel are uneven, if you look at each end they are different sizes away if you get me.

It would look better lighter at the top like Mr. Selena Gomez said.

Also another colour would be really good as if you had that in real life you would have flys and ladybirds on it a lot in summer.

Also the windows are tremendously small, maybe expand on them a bit, make them a bit bigger and less of them.

I think that when the corner point comes you could like do a glass escalator type thing? so you can actually get upto the top level, unless you put an helicopter pad on top.

And what is it meant to be? Office buildings? Flats? Flats would be good if you added balconies too and maybe incorporate plants on the balconies.

Anyhow Charlotte you have really improved from your first design however, I really like your version two on the other thread better.

But I hope you will take my ideas into consideration!

i know btw it was rushed then i did copie the windows cos when i firast posted it i realised i for got all the windows so lol yh and gibs thanks for the help stuff but i cant shade anything lol but ill try

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!