PDA

View Full Version : iPhone & 'droid questions

Apolva
30-07-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm debating which to get, basically I think I'll prefer the quality and usability of the iPhone but the HTC Legend/Nexus one can do more things. Either way, I'm sure it'll be an upgrade from a K850 :)

Questions to iPhone (3GS/4) owners:
- Do you find lack of flash support really annoying?
- Does it seem like you're being restricted (eg. no custom ringtones/bluetooth files/tethering)?
- How would you rate the main camera quality?

Questions to HTC/Android owners:
- Would you say the general build quality of the phone is near enough as good as the iPhone?
- Is the touch screen as responsive as that of the iPhone?
- What is the built in browser like? Is it fast/render pages well?
- Does it seem like there are "Apps for everything" (are there lots of still a lot of Apps available, eg. games)?
- Would you say it's a bit fiddly to use Android?

Finally, which do you recommend - (iPhone 4||(HTC Legend||HTC Nexus One))?

Jack!
30-07-2010, 12:11 PM
- Do you find lack of flash support really annoying? Nope
- Does it seem like you're being restricted (eg. no custom ringtones/bluetooth files/tethering)? Now legal to jailbreak
- How would you rate the main camera quality? Its good!

Recursion
30-07-2010, 12:53 PM
- Would you say the general build quality of the phone is near enough as good as the iPhone? My HTC Desire feels as sturdy as anything, I'd say it easily feels as good, if not better, than the iPhone 4's glass ;)
- Is the touch screen as responsive as that of the iPhone? - Yes. My Desire's pinch to zoom etc etc is just as responsive too.
- What is the built in browser like? Is it fast/render pages well? - It renders pages better, you have a much wider range of browsers to choose from and with 576MB RAM and a 1GHz CPU, my Desire is lightning fast.
- Does it seem like there are "Apps for everything" (are there lots of still a lot of Apps available, eg. games)? Yes, easily.
- Would you say it's a bit fiddly to use Android? Not at all with HTC Sense UI.

JACKTARD
30-07-2010, 01:04 PM
- Would you say the general build quality of the phone is near enough as good as the iPhone?
-Near enough.

In some cases better (Compared to the 3GS - Friend has one)

Tests show that iphone was a tiny bit faster than HTC's but not a great deal of difference

- Does it seem like there are "Apps for everything" (are there lots of still a lot of Apps available, eg. games)?
There are LOADS of pointless rubbish android apps and you have to search the market or google for the names of some decent apps.

No

danzooo
30-07-2010, 04:04 PM
- Do you find lack of flash support really annoying?
Not particularly, I'm not really phased by it.

- Does it seem like you're being restricted (eg. no custom ringtones/bluetooth files/tethering)?
You can get custom ringtones, I made a guide (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=644074) on how to make them. Tethering is also possible. As for lack of bluetooth files, I don't really care tbh.

- How would you rate the main camera quality?
I have a 4 and I think the camera is excellent, very vibrant colours, very good quality. Videos are excellent quality also.

GoldenMerc
30-07-2010, 04:06 PM

Yes, better even. I own a ipod touch and a Motrola milestone (Had a G1 before)
Yes!
Yes!
Apps for everythingggggg
Nope

Apolva
01-08-2010, 01:04 AM
Thanks all :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!