PDA

View Full Version : Using a cannon for slayer

Apple
30-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Just got 85 slayer and I have been thinking, do I want to maximise the cash from slayer or go all out for xp. I use my points to skip any slow/boring tasks so most of my tasks tend to be either kalphites/dagganoth (to cannon), hellhounds/greater demons (for the good afk xp) strykeworms/spiritual mages/abby demons (for the cash) and I think pretty much everything else I skip unless I am feeling in the mood to do them. I am starting to get low on points but I have 200 tasks coming up next I think which will be a nice boost. So going at this rate from 85 - 99 am I of going to blown much cash on cannons since I get kalphites and dagganoth quite a lot? I'm pretty sure I will of still gained quite a bit when I reach 99 but I was hoping to of made enough to get 99 prayer lol. Thanks!

scottish
30-07-2010, 09:01 PM
85-99 with cannon on the cannonable task will stil make u over 100m easy

MJJ
30-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Definetly cannon tasks. You'll be making a lot of cash from Slayer, so you'll be able to afford it and you'll be making a lot of profit as well.
Mutated Bloodvelds are also a good task to cannon if you can access them, because their amazing exp.

Rashelly
31-07-2010, 01:08 AM
abby specs are a great cannon task

i think the only tasks i don't do are steel drags, just because the annoy me

Apple
01-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Thanks for the help. I am now using range to train slayer. Much slower but it needs to be done. :l

MJJ
01-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Thanks for the help. I am now using range to train slayer. Much slower but it needs to be done. :l

When you're training in Kuradal's dungeon, wear the ferocious ring and use knives, as the ring increases each hit by 4. Doing this with a full slayer helmet is even better, and very fast.

Apple
01-08-2010, 01:18 AM
When you're training in Kuradal's dungeon, wear the ferocious ring and use knives, as the ring increases each hit by 4. Doing this with a full slayer helmet is even better, and very fast.
Thanks. :) Was I right to buy adamant darts or are knives better? I tried to find out beforehand but I just couldn't see the difference.

MJJ
01-08-2010, 01:32 AM
Thanks. :) Was I right to buy adamant darts or are knives better? I tried to find out beforehand but I just couldn't see the difference.

I've heard that darts are a bit faster, but knives are more accurate. Personally, I've never trained with darts. I prefer training with iron knives. Their pretty cheap and with the bonuses from the ferocious ring and full slayer helmet, you should be getting some pretty good exp.

According to this guide (http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1355387-kuradel-caves-throwing-knife-tip/) you can get up to 80-100k exp/hour.

Apple
01-08-2010, 01:41 AM
Thanks for that, it is really effective. I am now doing a greater demon task with addy darts/focus/fero ring/full armadyl and it is extremely quick even with just 72 range (did say it needed training lol) and apparently darts are like 1 below knives so a rune dart would be the same as an adamant knife.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!