PDA

View Full Version : Joe Mcelderry comes out as gay

BobX
30-07-2010, 10:29 PM
http://www.joe-music.com/news/post/a_message_from_joe/

Hey Guys,

Tomorrow there will be some articles about me in the newspapers because I have been doing some important interviews today. I wanted you to know that the articles are true. I also wanted you to know that I really respect your loyal support and all the kind messages I have had from you up to this date.

I have always been a very honest person and so it is important for me to continue to be honest. It has been the most amazing year so far and I feel so privileged. It’s also been a time of real self realisation and I feel as if I have grown up so much in these few months.

There has been speculation about my sexuality in the past and I have always been honest at the time I have been asked. Over the past few weeks I have really had time to reflect and to realise who I am. I spoke to my friends and family about this in the last few days and it was important to do the same for you all as you have been so supportive.

I have had nothing but support from you and many of you have been very open in saying that you will continue to support me whatever my sexuality. It is important to me to let you know first, so that you know the stories in the papers are true. I made the choice to speak openly about this.

Again, I can’t thank you enough for all your support.

Everything is going well and I’m really happy to be able to move forward from here

Joe. x

well this is a surprise. not.

Misawa
30-07-2010, 10:33 PM
As if no one knew. Bit of a lie though - he said he was honest when asked - clearly not when headlines read "I'm not gay".

BobX
30-07-2010, 10:36 PM
haha innit, i actually love how he wrote a massive article about it

Nuxty
30-07-2010, 10:47 PM
ah, go joe! :P

good on him tbh.

he was in a competition back then and he may not of been totally sure.

cocaine
30-07-2010, 10:51 PM
i swear being gay is a new fashion or something

Misawa
30-07-2010, 10:56 PM
It's been fashionable for years, which is why straight men these days wear clothing that used to be associated with homosexuals as part of fashion. The times, they are a-changin'.

Apple
30-07-2010, 10:57 PM
i swear being gay is a new fashion or something

Not for him, you could tell he was gay on the X factor. Not sure if you watched it or not but I mean you could REALLY tell lol.

Oh well he can't help the way he is, good on him for having the courage to come out (even though we already kind of knew).

Hopefully this will give Justin Bieber the confidence to come out as well. :D

Special
30-07-2010, 11:31 PM
not a shock, but why now?

Alkaz
30-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Has to come out at some point so might as well be now he has told his family / friends.

Jordan:A
31-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Not for him, you could tell he was gay on the X factor. Not sure if you watched it or not but I mean you could REALLY tell lol.

Oh well he can't help the way he is, good on him for having the courage to come out (even though we already kind of knew).

Hopefully this will give Justin Bieber the confidence to come out as well. :D
Lollll yeah, and least he's told everyone now and not got like a girlfriend then like didn't enjoy it with her and then came out when he's 30odd

Nemo
31-07-2010, 07:58 PM
because everyone had forgotten about him, now hes back in the spotlight, publicity stunt quite obviously

beth
31-07-2010, 08:25 PM
well i for one am so very shocked.

Apple
31-07-2010, 10:04 PM
well i for one am so very shocked.

I know you just wouldn't think it would you, he seemed to be a proper mans man and everything and now this. ;S

Nah he is smart, good on him. As mentioned already in the thread he has been able to use it as a publicity stunt which has worked well. He has talent, I think he'll do really well.

Kipp
31-07-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm glad that he has come out. No point hiding it.

Apple
31-07-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm glad that he has come out. No point hiding it.

He didn't really do a good job of hiding it. :P

Nicola
01-08-2010, 10:00 AM
I saw this yesterday on the front page of The Sun when my mum went to get some petrol, my mouth dropped open when i saw it but then I thought to myself "Wait, am I reallly that surprised?". He always did have that sort of feel.

Cute of him to write that message, bless.

Jessicrawrr
03-08-2010, 07:19 AM
It's good for him to come out, he shouldn't be ashamed of it.
And I really didn't think he was gay when he was on Xfactor.
Some of you make me laugh, this thread is about Joe Mcelderry and you bring Justin Bieber into it?!

sammy
03-08-2010, 08:32 AM
I didn't actually think he acted all that gay on X Factor.

It's good for him to come out though and I was surprised when I saw the article. He's clever to get back in the public's eye after being forgotten about for a few months.

-:Undertaker:-
03-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Goodluck to him and he's a good-looking lad, now lets hope he gets on with his life instead of making his sexuality the focus of his life - like many militant gays do and which winds a heck of a lot of people up.

Catzsy
03-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Not all 'gay' people act 'gay'. I am sure that he will do just fine. Whatever happens it will be better than before Xfactor. I am sure he has a singing career. I can see him going to the West End.

Apple
03-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Joe Mcelderry comes out as gay.

Meanwhile Stephen Hawking comes out as disabled.

Sorry had to post that one. I know Catzsy you are absolutely right, not all gay people act like your typical gay person, just like not all straight people act like your typical straight person - they can act really camp too. I know this is only a Soap but on Emmerdale for example they had that guy who acted like your typical mans man as coming out gay which is what can happen in real life.

Jessicrawrr
03-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Good point.
There's a boy; at least I think he's a boy, in our school who acts like a girl all the time, on facebook he has more pictures on his profile than me, he wears shorter shorts than your average tart.
Everyone does pick on him in a way as he acts gay.

Samantha.
04-08-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm not surprised! I already thought he has come out.

Misawa
04-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Expect Lloyd Daniels to be next.

Suspective
04-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Good on him I guess.

Richie
04-08-2010, 12:16 PM

Publicity most likely

danzooo
04-08-2010, 01:11 PM
I think it would have been more of a shock if he announced that he was straight.

Fallen
06-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Lol, as if noone already knew already?
I mean cmon, he had Cheryl Cole as his mentour for X Factor and he said he wasn't attracted to her? I mean generally she is a pretty person and he wouldnt even agree to that. :S

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!