PDA

View Full Version : What will the future bring for Social Networking Sites?

jimi
31-07-2010, 12:04 AM
Facebook, Myspace, Bebo and twitter have all become household names, but in 10-20 years time do you think these would still exist, or would new social networking websites pop-up?
Thread moved by Biohazard (Forum Moderator): Moved from 'Discuss Anything', as it is more suited here. :)

louder
31-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Facebook, Myspace, Bebo and twitter have all become household names, but in 10-20 years time do you think these would still exist, or would new social networking websites pop-up?

they'll still exist. but nobody will use them obviously. how long did the myspace & bebo trends last? 5-6 maybe 7 years? if that? :s

danzooo
31-07-2010, 12:13 AM
I reckon they'll be a load of new ones, louder is right - bebo quickly went right out fashion and I reckon that the likes of Facebook may end up the same.

However I think that Twitter will survive though, with the ability to keep track of famous people's doings being the only thing keeping it alive.

Dean
31-07-2010, 12:37 AM
New websites obviously.

louder
31-07-2010, 07:30 AM
I reckon that the likes of Facebook may end up the same.

However I think that Twitter will survive though, with the ability to keep track of famous people's doings being the only thing keeping it alive.

although everyone every age uses facebook, it won't last. i know it's the first time adults have got into social networking really, but there will still be a new one come out that everyone uses.

and myspace was pretty good for keeping track of what famous people were doing. 8-) & seeing as twitter's not one of the big 'networking' sites at the moment, i can't see it being a major one once facebook goes out of fashion 8-)

redtom
31-07-2010, 04:01 PM
I don't think facebook is going to go anywhere, the reason bebo and myspace went down hill wasbecause there sites are/were awfull, plus Bebo is aimed at kids, so once people go to a certain age they tend to move to facebook.

Emotes
01-08-2010, 02:44 AM
I'm currently developing a Social Networking Site that will be amazing when completed but I'm not giving out any clues of what features, ect it will have.

HotelUser
01-08-2010, 03:47 AM
I think eventually there's going to be some sort of massive bulletin board which is going to replace social networking sites, and quite a lot of other online communities and websites.

Recursion
01-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Facebook got it right, that's why it became popular in the first place, no need for "skins" or any template editing, the ability to be friends with, but hide all the useless **** people post etc etc. I love it, but their privacy... eurgh, don't get me started.

::Art::
01-08-2010, 09:16 AM
i think all the sites mentioned will soon fail. There obviously will be new ones

Blob
01-08-2010, 10:31 PM
I don't think facebook will fail due to the fact they are constantly working on it and bringing out new features, it will keep up with the times, or even possibly set the new trends again, in the future.

beth
01-08-2010, 10:48 PM
i find the progression of social networking sites so interesting. like i remember when i couldn't imagine not checking my myspace daily, and now i never check it at all. i can't put my finger on what facebook does better than myspace, but, something drew everyone away.

i think facebook will have a stronghold for a fair few years to come. i really do.

Jordy
02-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Facebook is so much bigger than the previous social networks, it's used by so many age groups throughout the world. It's the worlds biggest website now apparently and people don't really need any more than Facebook offers, it's here for decades to come I reckon.

Fehm
02-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Bebo's going isn't it? :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!