PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Outrageous!

Nixt
31-07-2010, 11:53 AM
I am absolutely fuming. I was in the middle of doing a giveaway and I got a message saying I had been muted for ten minutes. This obviously made me very annoyed as I hadn't said or done anything that I thought violated the rules. I decided to send a call for help asking why I had been muted because there was no alert warning or reason. A moment later I get this:

You have been banned! The reason for the ban is "Disruption Ban: Permanent". The ban will expire at 12/26/21 10:50 PM Eastern Time.

I am absolutely raging right now. I have done nothing wrong and I've got a ton of Habbox stuff on my account that was being used for today's giveaway and a giveaway I was planning to use later in the week. Naturally I am going to send a ban appeal but it's so intensely frustrating that the Moderation is so poor.

Mathew
31-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Oh wow. That's silly that they give you the mute and then a ban aswell - just for enquiring about it :S

Tell them you''re AGM for Habbox and you were giving out furniture, shouldn't be a problem getting unbanned.

Amberr
31-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Oh my god that is ridiculous, habbo mods are getting worse which i didn't think was possible. Hopefully they will give you your account back but the mods are so poor it takes ages for them to appeal bans ;l

xxMATTGxx
31-07-2010, 12:04 PM
I thought Moderation was suppose to be better now, obviously not.

Josh
31-07-2010, 12:13 PM
I thought Moderation was suppose to be better now, obviously not.

You're a bloody comedian. LOL.

This is just stupid. They take one phrase:

hiya code please and ban you for that without looking at the bigger picture. Just bloody rubbish.

-Danube-
31-07-2010, 12:37 PM
This is absolutely stupid. This was a giveaway from a site with is on their 'Official' list thingy. A giveaway should be a selfless good act and the MODs should know this, if they look further into the situation they will see that nothing wrong went on here.

Just thank god we were all there so that the people in the giveaway didn't think it was a scam and then give Habbox a bad word, I gave stuff out to everyone left in the queue and then Sacha started up her own.

But this is ridiculous and it takes them ages to fix ban appeals but i'm sure when they look over yours they will see you did nothing.

Also they seem to be giving out too many Perm Bans for silly things. You'd think a distruptive ban would be for spamming/flooding etc, which didn't happen in the room, and even if they did it shouldn't be a permable offence. You should either be muted or banned for 2-4hours

Nixt
31-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Yeah a big thanks to Sacha and Danoob for ensuring that the people there didn't think it was one big scam. Would have been a nightmare!

I've sent an appeal:

Hello,

*PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED*

I'll start with saying that I have always had really big problems with communication using this help tool (the new Customer Support Tool was excellent, by the way - where did it go?). I never seem to be able to get replies using this contact form and so it would be appreciated if you could reply using [email protected] as well as *REMOVED* in case it doesn't work. If so that would be brilliant.

I will outline the situation in which I was banned. I am an Assistant General Manager for the popular Habbo fansite www.habbox.com. This site is listed on the Habbo Fansite group and as such the website and it's staff / members are, I understand, permitted to promote the website on the Hotel itself. Recently members of Habbox staff, notably the senior management team, have been driving to promote our website even further on Habbo Hotel. In order to do this, we have held a number of giveaways (at least one a day) in the past week. I held one at 2AM BST a couple of days ago and, I started one at around 11:30AM BST today (31/07/2010).

In order to promote our website on the Hotel, to get the free furni the giveaway offers we tell members in the room to get a code from either www.habboxlive.com, www.habboxforum.com or www.habbox.com itself. This has always been our policy in giveaways and thus far no one has had any issues arising from this. When an individual approaches me in the giveaway queue, I would ask them for the code. Once they had given me the code, they would receive the free furni.

For some unknown reason during this giveaway I was muted for ten minutes. I do not know why, but I can only assume it was because I kept asking for the code or I was promoting Habbox.com. However I was not given any kind of pre warning and I did not know that I had broken any rules. Because I was confused as to why I had been muted I sent a call for help asking why, as no reason was supplied. With no response, alert or warning, I was banned:

You have been banned! The reason for the ban is "Disruption Ban: Permanent". The ban will expire at 12/26/21 10:50 PM Eastern Time.

I don't understand the reason for this ban and the only thing I was trying to do was promote the website I help run on the website it is dedicated to. I was not in any way trying to be disruptive and I apologise if I came across that way. As far as I was aware everyone in the room was quite happy, given that they were getting free furni.

Could the ban please be lifted as I do not believe I have done anything wrong.

Kind regards,

Garion

It's only short and to the point, I tried to explain the situation more than "appeal" because I don't think there is anything to appeal as such - they just need to be aware of the situation regarding the ban itself.

Matthew
31-07-2010, 12:49 PM
thats absolutely ridiculous.

the mods see one word which they dont like and they ban you, and as far as im aware they never look into the situation anymore.

hopefully youll get your account back, after that stupid ban

-Danube-
31-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Yeah a big thanks to Sacha and Danoob for ensuring that the people there didn't think it was one big scam. Would have been a nightmare!

I've sent an appeal:

It's only short and to the point, I tried to explain the situation more than "appeal" because I don't think there is anything to appeal as such - they just need to be aware of the situation regarding the ban itself.

Sounds pretty good does. I'm sure once they read it they will life your ban, what account are you using in the meanwhile?

Nixt
31-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Nixtalicious lol. I don't really want to change my name on the Forum so I hope they do it soon.

scottish
31-07-2010, 01:07 PM
u advertised kazopark in hotelusers room

Catzsy
31-07-2010, 01:07 PM
They might have thought you were asking for voucher codes but as you say it is getting rediculous. It's getting to the stage where peeps are not wanting to play on their main account in case they get banned for something silly. :(

-Danube-
31-07-2010, 01:13 PM
What i think is stupid, is that Habbo is a company providing a service, they take people's money and then deny them acsess to what they have bought for no solid reason (Banning). It's like going into a shop, buying something, saying bye and then the shop owner takes the product off you with no refund as they thought you may have been rude.

Silly

Nixt
31-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Yeah for example (depending on whether or not I get unbanned) I will lose a chunk of my VIP subscription, which won't get refunded.

Josh
31-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Your current name is pretty crap actually.

scottish
31-07-2010, 01:20 PM
hey atleast there wont be anymore annoying as **** notices changing every 15 seconds now that you're banned

but yeh u said kazopark = bad as its advertising non habbo allowed list website so cud b y but that'd be delayed as it was at like midnight not mid day lol

Nixt
31-07-2010, 01:21 PM
hey atleast there wont be anymore annoying as **** notices changing every 15 seconds now that you're banned

but yeh u said kazopark = bad as its advertising non habbo allowed list website so cud b y but that'd be delayed as it was at like midnight not mid day lol

I didn't say Kazopark.

scottish
31-07-2010, 01:22 PM
pretty sure u did

was like 4 ppl in hotelusers room during event

2 ppl said kazopark fails 2 ppl said kazopark.com sign up now or something then we started discussing how the login got leaked or something

Nixt
31-07-2010, 01:23 PM
I got banned at midday today during my giveaway. I did not get banned last night and I can't remember mentioning it explicitly last night anyway. Furthermore I don't see anyone else banned for mentioning it even though about 10 people said it in the room last night.

scottish
31-07-2010, 01:27 PM
it's habbo mods takes like 12 hours to do their job in all fairness

but lol everyone will think ur a skemr now

anyways if it was unfairly banned you'll probs be unbanned within the next 5 months

The Don
31-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Support the cause.

Place this in your signatures today!

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2260/unbannixt.png

Link: http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2260/unbannixt.png

GoldenMerc
31-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Support the cause.

Place this in your signatures today!

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2260/unbannixt.png

Link: http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2260/unbannixt.png

Are you serious

Josh
31-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Are you serious

Deadly. Join the campaign.

The Don
31-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Are you serious

Most deffinetly... Join today! And together, brother, We can unban nixt!

Nixt
01-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Well apparently the campaign worked, Nixt is unbanned today with no email response from the Help Tool. It's weird!

HotelUser
01-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Well apparently the campaign worked, Nixt is unbanned today with no email response from the Help Tool. It's weird!

Good to hear, I'm quite curious as to what the moderator was thinking when the ban was issued in the first place :P

befas
01-08-2010, 02:33 PM
The same happened to my friend, we were in a cc and she got muted (she told me in a invite) Then she came on her different account saying she got banned :/

Art
01-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Nixt is unbanned today with no email response from the Help Tool.

Sulake is just going down hill in terms of how professionally they operate :\ its a joke. I'm sure there are people who would be willing to work for free to support the company who would do a much better job.

e5
01-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I didnt get banned for giving out furni, I even got the people desperate for furni to stalk me everywhere... I'm sure thats more disruptive!

Yupt
01-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Habbox.com for the running of Habbo!

Josh
02-08-2010, 06:00 AM

They obviously do care for people who threaten self-harm. (A)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!