PDA

View Full Version : Feeling weak / Faint

Richie
31-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Hey,
I'm not sure if you know what I'm talking about, but do you ever feel weak / faint like your about to collapse?

Does anyone know what causes it and how to stop it from happening?

Nemo
31-07-2010, 07:33 PM
usually if i aint eaten all day

Special
31-07-2010, 07:37 PM
i literally just had that experiance... i think it's because i had 5 hours sleep last night & have had nothing to eat all day

sleep & eat is what i would say lol

buttons
31-07-2010, 07:50 PM
do you mean when it goes black sometimes? i get that when i'm too hot, been sitting for ages or looking at a screen too long lol. take regular breaks and move around more.

Stephen
31-07-2010, 08:02 PM
I always get that but with extreme hunger too. I end up craving bread for some reason. Downing a bottle of lucozade helps me too

Rozi
31-07-2010, 08:05 PM
What others say, make sure you've eaten and slept enough recently. But not only that you've eaten, WHAT you've eaten. I know if I'm feeling a bit faint it's either pms, lack of nutrition or lack of sleep and luckily for you, you can rule out the first option. Basically I get some vegetables, and ones that are high in iron, down me because I know I lack iron in ma diet from not eating meat. But I have it good considering my brother use to actually faint for a few seconds from not having enough iron (H)

dbgtz
31-07-2010, 08:21 PM
maybe not enough vitamins and that, if you eat alot already id advise you consult a doctor

and if you think it could be some sort of disease see for any other possible symptoms, but i think everyone here is right.

Apple
31-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Sometimes when I stand up quickly I feel really faint, can't see anything and go so weak that I nearly fall over. This only happens rarely but apparently it's natural for this to happen when you have been sat down for ages and stand up suddenly. If it lasts for longer than a minute (you can hardly stand up and can't see anything for a minute) then you should get it checked out.

Edit: Was just thinking it can sometimes last with me for over a minute so I dunno. How long does it last for?

Chris
31-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Yea if i dont sleep enough and if i dont eat.

beth
31-07-2010, 10:59 PM
i fainted at work yesterday, which wasn't much fun! i think i'm not sleeping enough tbh.

Pyroka
31-07-2010, 11:00 PM
normally dehydration and lack of food though sleep can cause it too

lack of anything really..

Apple
01-08-2010, 12:53 AM
Take your multivitamins because they contain things like iron that promote red blood cell reproduction.

Art
02-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Yup, normally if I haven't eaten/drank/slept enough.

kasi
03-08-2010, 12:15 AM
i used to get it a lot when i was younger. i went to my doctor because of it and it was because i didn't have enough iron in my diet, since i don't eat red meats or anything so i started taking iron vitamins then got better.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!