PDA

View Full Version : Jagex

MJJ
01-08-2010, 01:22 PM
http://runemg.info/di-1012806473606.png

Someone posted this on another forum. Not sure if anyone here ever used a bot - I personally don't see the point in using one, so I was happy to see this. Thoughts?

Matthew
01-08-2010, 01:23 PM
its changed to another domain already, though.

scottish
01-08-2010, 01:25 PM
avbout ******* time they done something

Aidenn
01-08-2010, 01:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db-pX9ZXaBU

About time, i say

Apple
01-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Absolutely fantastic!! How recent was this? It might be a good idea to invest in things like flax/yews that bots were bringing a lot of into the game. Obviously there will still be other bots out there but ***** was one of the largest used by hundreds/thousands of people.

Edit: Ge database for yew logs suggest they may of done this late may as that is when yew logs went up loads and have stayed up. Same results from flax too! Might be too late to make some nice cash.

Matthew
01-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Absolutely fantastic!! How recent was this? It might be a good idea to invest in things like flax/yews that bots were bringing a lot of into the game. Obviously there will still be other bots out there but ***** was one of the largest used by hundreds/thousands of people.
it is still around, just under a new name (which i wont say because itll get removed anyway i think :S)

scottish
01-08-2010, 04:30 PM
yeh coz bots r illegal and only idiots use em

[Jay]
01-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Nothing special, like evryone has said its up again
Blocking one site wont work botting will always be part of rs and its only gona get worse.
Shame really because it does make the game worse for the rest of us.

scottish
01-08-2010, 05:19 PM
no it doesnt

botting is mainly resource bots which gathers resources = more on the market = cheaper price

Apple
01-08-2010, 06:00 PM
no it doesnt

botting is mainly resource bots which gathers resources = more on the market = cheaper price

The opposite is that all the resource skills earn less money, that means you are getting a lot less cash for all your hard work because of bots.

Matthew
01-08-2010, 06:02 PM
The opposite is that all the resource skills earn less money, that means you are getting a lot less cash for all your hard work because of bots.

as explained in aidens video :)

scottish
01-08-2010, 06:05 PM
in all honesty if you mine or fish etc for money you're an idiot anyway lol as that is slow as ****..

MJJ
01-08-2010, 09:13 PM
in all honesty if you mine or fish etc for money you're an idiot anyway lol as that is slow as ****..

Nothing wrong with mining/fishing for cash. A lot of people enjoy fishing because it's relaxing, and if you're going to mine, you may as well mine something like coal and gold deposits because not only is it good cash, but also good exp/hour.

I hope Jagex does more like this. It's nice to see them actually do something about bots.

Alex3213
01-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Yeah I agree, hope they continue to do more of this.

Rashelly
01-08-2010, 09:57 PM

...Kind of missing the point there

scottish
01-08-2010, 10:04 PM
not really

I prefer people using bots for things like mining/fishing as it reduces cost and i have no intention of ever doing any skill for money so..

Josh
02-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Blocking the website doesn't stop the bot. There are also many better bots out there so it won't make much of an impact on the economy unless all the noobs can't find the new website.

[Jay]
02-08-2010, 07:43 AM
not really

I prefer people using bots for things like mining/fishing as it reduces cost and i have no intention of ever doing any skill for money so..

Yes but you fall into the minority, those who do not care to train skills. The rest however do like to raise skills and if the prices where higher (fish/ores etc...) it would be more of a motivation to raise the skills.

You gota remember that many players usually make cash through skills because there levels are not good enough for god wars etc... Thats why you see loads of high levels been very rich and low levels not having anything because the prices are very high but its very difficult to make the money.

scottish
02-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Show me statistics to prove this is the minority please?

Otherwise don't make up crap :)

It's not difficult to make money, just train your combat up lol..

Rashelly
02-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Show me statistics to prove this is the minority please?

Otherwise don't make up crap :)

It's not difficult to make money, just train your combat up lol..

Skills are part of the game and just because people may not like raising them isn't an excuse to cheat.

scottish
02-08-2010, 12:04 PM
didn't say it is, i said it makes stuff cheaper = i r happy

Callum.
02-08-2010, 01:43 PM
think they should have the power to just take any website like that right away personally.

Shrlurp
02-08-2010, 09:52 PM
intresting thread, haven't seen this in a while.

personally i use bots, i use ***** regularly and i'm not ashamed that i do to be honest.

some people are suggesting bots reduce the prices of items such as logs ect... correct me if i'm wrong mage logs are 500gp more than 5-6 months ago, similarly with yew logs?

botting has become part of the game and has got abit out of control, i myself used to play legit, still do now and again but obviously to most people botting is an easy option.

Apple
02-08-2010, 09:57 PM
intresting thread, haven't seen this in a while.

personally i use bots, i use ***** regularly and i'm not ashamed that i do to be honest.

some people are suggesting bots reduce the prices of items such as logs ect... correct me if i'm wrong mage logs are 500gp more than 5-6 months ago, similarly with yew logs?

botting has become part of the game and has got abit out of control, i myself used to play legit, still do now and again but obviously to most people botting is an easy option.

Runescape is a game that you are supposed to play for fun. You wouldn't get a program to play your PS3/360 for you as you would want to play it yourself for enjoyment. If runescape is so boring for you that you need to use a bot then don't play it. :l

Shrlurp
02-08-2010, 10:02 PM
don't dig into me, *REMOVED*

i enjoy the game but i find it easier to bot levels that otherwise i wouldn't enjoy, when i have the levels i want then i'll play the bits i enjoy about the game eg - pk, bounty ect.

Edited by scott (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude towards other forum members.

Apple
02-08-2010, 10:12 PM
don't dig into me, *REMOVED*

i enjoy the game but i find it easier to bot levels that otherwise i wouldn't enjoy, when i have the levels i want then i'll play the bits i enjoy about the game eg - pk, bounty ect.

Obviously it's gonna be easier to get a bot to gain levels for you but just because it is doesn't mean you should do it. All games have boring parts but that is part of the game. The sense of accomplishment when you have got through it all is what makes Runescape worth playing, I'm sure you are not going to get any sense of accomplishment when a bot has done it for you...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!