PDA

View Full Version : Behind the Scenes - August

TonyBest
02-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Our first game update this month is the next part of our Void Knight quest series, A Void Dance. You’ll team up with Korasi again to track a strange creature across the world, find out why certain people have been acting strangely, and discover some of the truth behind the events of ‘Quiet before the Swarm’. On the way you’ll solve some tricky puzzles, such as keeping an alchemical experiment from exploding in your face, navigating a maze of beer, and infiltrating the stronghold of one of the Void Knights’ enemies. This is an ‘experienced’ quest with requirements of around level 50 in several different skills.

We also have another MASSIVE update for Dungeoneering scheduled this month. Stretching all the way from floors 36 to 47 of the dungeons, the occult floors are home to some of the most vicious boss monsters found in the entirety of Daemonheim. There are 6 new bosses in total, including:

Yk’Lagor the Thunderous! Originally one of the first bosses encountered on the occult floors, this demon has since been promoted to the final boss of the occult theme thanks to his dramatic introduction and challenging boss mechanic. It’s easily one of the most impressive encounters yet.

http://services.jagex.com/m=news/img/Large/dungeoneering_boss_large.jpg

If you’re looking to spend your Dungeoneering tokens, we will be introducing eight new rewards, featuring the Ring of Vigour (+3 str and a reduction to the cost of special attacks), the Eye of the Warrior, which reflects melee damage back to your opponent, and the Rigour prayer, which increases both your ranged damage and your Defence.

If XP is more your thing, the occult floors will give you the chance to increase your Dungeoneering XP gains. With the occult floors descending all the way to floor 47, you’ll be able to obtain 47 prestige instead of the 35 you are used to, meaning greater XP per hour.

You’ll encounter several creatures that are new to Daemonheim, including undead necromancers, who will summon skeletal minions to impede your progress. You may survive these, but you’ll still have to navigate nine new and fiendish challenge rooms, where deadly herbs and tightrope walking awaits.

On the week of RuneFest, we’ll be releasing a new activity on the Void Knight Island that gives you a unique method of earning Pest Control rewards. The Void Knights have devised an exercise to train their squires and knights in tactical thinking. ‘Conquest’ will put you in command of a squad of Void Knights in a turn-based, player-vs-player, tactical war game. Choose the composition and formation of your army, unleash game-changing special abilities, and prove yourself one of RuneScape’s finest tactical minds on its high score tables. Look out for events in game that week to celebrate the latest addition to our activity catalogue.

Please note – Last month’s Treasure Trail updates, sadly rescheduled due to unrelated technical engine issues out of our control, will go live with the first August update.

In other news, we'll be offering you the ability to gain 10 additional bank spaces; you'll be able to obtain strange rocks when constructing furniture in the ‘Build’ mode of your POH; and you'll hover over agility shortcuts on your world map to find out more about them. Have fun!

Mod_Mark
RuneScape Lead Designer

So to sum things up:
Clue scroll Update from July along with the second Void Knight quest - A Void Dance
More floors and rewards for Dungeoneering, and holy smokes that concept art is AMAZING.
New Activity on Void Knight Island
Easier way to get Construction strange rocks
New world map feature: hover over agility courses to learn more about them.

Alex3213
02-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Sounds good, can't wait for the new quest- sounds quite easy with the skills though. I also love the concept art and I'm looking forward to the updates.

TonyBest
02-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Hopefully the new quest is good, i enjoyed the first one

[Jay]
02-08-2010, 03:22 PM
The new rewards and dung levels sound good.

T@R
02-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Void knight series fails so hard ¬¬
Dunging update looks good, and that new prayer looks phenomenal <3

MJJ
02-08-2010, 09:33 PM

Really? I was quite interested in the story, but I guess that's just me as I like quests. :P
Anyway, I'm not really interested in Dungoneering, although I guess it's good if you can get more exp/hour training it. Can't wait for the new treasure trails and the 150 new items (or however many there were).
Although the ability to get strange rocks in building mode in your house would have been more helpful to me a few weeks ago when I was training Construction.

Apple
02-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Really? I was quite interested in the story, but I guess that's just me as I like quests. :P
Anyway, I'm not really interested in Dungoneering, although I guess it's good if you can get more exp/hour training it. Can't wait for the new treasure trails and the 150 new items (or however many there were).
Although the ability to get strange rocks in building mode in your house would have been more helpful to me a few weeks ago when I was training Construction.

I cannot wait for the new TT items either! Someone did tell me in-game that there are 150 new items however I never asked where they got this information from but since you have said the same; where did you read that? :P I have sold all my luxury items and bought the basic things, I have changed from full bandos/dfs to full rune/rune defender and I haven't really noticed anything at all, slaying just as well as I ever have. Now I have cash freed up for these new items, hopefully some new melee gear that is even better than 3a. Hopefully I can get an offer in for that.

Sly
02-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Sounds fun, I need to do f18-35 before the update then ;O

[Jay]
03-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Dunging update looks good, and that new prayer looks phenomenal <3

Almost forgot about the new prayer....that does sound really good I cant wait.

TonyBest
03-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Update wont be today due to issues with the Treasure trial update

Sly
03-08-2010, 04:13 PM
the c-art looks awful imo

MJJ
03-08-2010, 10:41 PM
No idea if this is even real, but these are apparently some of the new treasure trail items:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytFPxlXsxis

TonyBest
04-08-2010, 09:30 AM
No idea if this is even real, but these are apparently some of the new treasure trail items:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytFPxlXsxis

Nope, there all fake im afraid

Sly
04-08-2010, 10:39 AM
yeahh tony is right, they are fake :(

TonyBest
04-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Yeh because half the stuff was the armor from Dungeoneering, most just random stuff completly and the glasses, as if we are ever going to get them. Im sure the TT rewards are going to be alot more worth getting than that, especially since we know from reading July's BTS they said that some of the rewards included dragon masks, 3rd Age prayer gear, holy ranger gear, treasure trail-specific familiars and animal staves to name just a few.

[Jay]
04-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Yeh because half the stuff was the armor from Dungeoneering, most just random stuff completly and the glasses, as if we are ever going to get them. Im sure the TT rewards are going to be alot more worth getting than that, especially since we know from reading July's BTS they said that some of the rewards included dragon masks, 3rd Age prayer gear, holy ranger gear, treasure trail-specific familiars and animal staves to name just a few.

Yeh the rewards will be better then what we saw on that vid but they did say that you will defo get something specific for each clue, so mabey we can expect hats/glasses etc...

Also considering the cost of prayer I would not be suprised if the 3rd age prayer gear gave more xp when using bones.

TonyBest
05-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Heres a screenshot of the (or) ornament kit added to the dragon armor:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100805034005/runescape/images/0/02/Dragon_armour_%28or%29.png

Sly
05-08-2010, 10:04 PM
not much difference

TonyBest
05-08-2010, 10:56 PM
what u mean not much difference, gold trim looks sweet, and heres the full armor spiked
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100805222935/runescape/images/5/59/SPIKED.jpg

Also spiked and trimmed dragon sq shield
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100805115957/runescape/images/c/c1/Dragon_square_shield_%28sp%29.png
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100805200159/runescape/images/2/20/Dragon_sq_shield_%28or%29.png

Sly
06-08-2010, 12:25 AM
looks bloomin awful!

Sly
06-08-2010, 07:47 AM
found this http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100805221039/runescape/images/d/d3/Ornamental_Amulet_of_Fury.png

TonyBest
06-08-2010, 09:56 AM
that fury amylet looks sweet, now all we need to wait for is an image of the Dragon full helm with the trimmed kit on it

Sly
06-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Fury does look good but it's goin for about 25m the or, and the fury itself is 15m so bit much for a fancy necklace ;D

Rashelly
06-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Fury does look good but it's goin for about 25m the or, and the fury itself is 15m so bit much for a fancy necklace ;D
furyis 15mil now?
JEEZ!

[Jay]
06-08-2010, 04:08 PM
furyis 15mil now?
JEEZ!

Yep, fury is overpriced these days....well evrything is overpriced these days.

Sly
06-08-2010, 06:10 PM
true that jj

Rashelly
06-08-2010, 06:45 PM
;6656719']Yep, fury is overpriced these days....well evrything is overpriced these days.

Does the buying and selling runes to get tokkul thing still work then? People could make a fortune...

MJJ
06-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Does the buying and selling runes to get tokkul thing still work then? People could make a fortune...

You can't sell items to Tzhaar shops anymore, which I guess caused the fury to rise.

The trimmed dragon armour looks really nice. And the armadyl book will be useful at aviansies.

Rashelly
06-08-2010, 07:11 PM
You can't sell items to Tzhaar shops anymore, which I guess caused the fury to rise.

The trimmed dragon armour looks really nice. And the armadyl book will be useful at aviansies.
Ah, the price makes sense now.

Good job I had a fury in the bank waiting for me

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!