PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] be carefull with this one

.:MISTA-EMM:.
03-08-2010, 05:17 AM
This is the 1st scam i've ever been exposed to but basically it is 2 people (or even the same person signed in through 2 accounts) working together in FFs (or that type of games).

One persone is hosting, the other is playing.

Key things to look out for:

slip-ups - If they are the same person, they may slip-up with who they are talking through. Keep sharp just incase.
similar names - Similar names may be used for both accounts (i.e JohnFTW1994 and MattFTW1994 *not acctual people*)
confirmation - With new habbo account/trading pass requirements, it has become harder for scammers to create fake accounts spontaniously. It wouldn't hurt to ask someone with a similar name to the host, for example, "how much do you think this is worth?" and show them a piece of furni, also checking if they have their trading pass. =]
These are just suggestions but i mean keep your eyes open for suspicious behaviour.

Jessicrawrr
03-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Thanks for posting this!
I have been exposed to this before, but when you report them they don't look into things too much so they never help.
+rep for posting this!

.:MISTA-EMM:.
03-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks for posting this!
I have been exposed to this before, but when you report them they don't look into things too much so they never help.
+rep for posting this!

=] i wasnt sure if it would be helpful or not but you never know xD

qaxzsw
04-08-2010, 11:39 PM
This is an age old trick, and often REALLY hard to detect.
I think there is no way to really be 100% sure if this is happening, and Habbo won't take a look into this, because unfortuantley, its not against the habbo way.

Nemo
04-08-2010, 11:46 PM
This is the 1st scam i've ever been exposed to but basically it is 2 people (or even the same person signed in through 2 accounts) working together in FFs (or that type of games).

One persone is hosting, the other is playing.

Key things to look out for:

slip-ups - If they are the same person, they may slip-up with who they are talking through. Keep sharp just incase.
similar names - Similar names may be used for both accounts (i.e JohnFTW1994 and MattFTW1994 *not acctual people*)
confirmation - With new habbo account/trading pass requirements, it has become harder for scammers to create fake accounts spontaniously. It wouldn't hurt to ask someone with a similar name to the host, for example, "how much do you think this is worth?" and show them a piece of furni, also checking if they have their trading pass. =]

These are just suggestions but i mean keep your eyes open for suspicious behaviour.
Usually pretty hard to see as said above, but its also usually done with stuff in like furni shops. Where someone will come in asking for something and offering to pay massive amounts, and then someone comes in with that something and is offering it for lots, but not nearly as much as you think you'd make. So you then end up getting sold something overpriced that you dont really want.

Floreat
09-08-2010, 10:38 AM
I never understand how they scam in FF? If they just win all the time it's not really scamming? Someone explain please. :)

Fallen
09-08-2010, 11:07 AM
thats helpful because that is defo the thing I would never think about. LOL

Jessicrawrr
09-08-2010, 11:25 AM
I never understand how they scam in FF? If they just win all the time it's not really scamming? Someone explain please. :)

Some people P2s rev auto and stuff so the owner gets their furni and doesn't have to give anything in return basically.

Samantha
17-08-2010, 08:46 PM
I've heard of this before, heck when I was a noob I was a part of it! I got permed during it though (not for the same reason) got unpermed though and have never scammed again!

But some people may not think of this as a scam, as a prize is given out! However, the trick is, the person working with them do not put anything in the trade box, they say thank you randomly! Another trick is to see how fast you can trade, if they p2s fairly quickly then be weary of what they are doing as it could be a scam.

Also a good way to check too is if they don't bother going for a seat sometimes in an FF for example because they will fake rev and then someone else revs back etc.

The best way to catch them out is go on their homepage they won't be smart enough to remove the person as their friend, if they have the friend widget on their homepage check if they are on it because it's quite unlikely they will have each other on msn, and they will need a quick way to communicate if the helper is going to fake something! (However, the homepage thing may not work if they mass you with an invite. But also check if there is someone in the room with them already, and check for whispering!)

Jorc
17-08-2010, 10:57 PM
I've heard of this before, heck when I was a noob I was a part of it! I got permed during it though (not for the same reason) got unpermed though and have never scammed again!

But some people may not think of this as a scam, as a prize is given out! However, the trick is, the person working with them do not put anything in the trade box, they say thank you randomly! Another trick is to see how fast you can trade, if they p2s fairly quickly then be weary of what they are doing as it could be a scam.

Also a good way to check too is if they don't bother going for a seat sometimes in an FF for example because they will fake rev and then someone else revs back etc.

The best way to catch them out is go on their homepage they won't be smart enough to remove the person as their friend, if they have the friend widget on their homepage check if they are on it because it's quite unlikely they will have each other on msn, and they will need a quick way to communicate if the helper is going to fake something! (However, the homepage thing may not work if they mass you with an invite. But also check if there is someone in the room with them already, and check for whispering!)

Very true. This is something all habbos should know, this thread in general. It's sad that people do it. :/

Samantha
21-08-2010, 11:04 PM
I really learnt from my mistakes, and as I was a noob my reputation didn't really suffer. :)

Jordan
21-08-2010, 11:17 PM
I've never seen this before, yet I do know people do this. It's stupid :(

=Lizzy
21-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Thanks for posting this. :) I have never seen this before but yes now i know

KebabJuice
23-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Thank you for posting this. I will be more careful in future ;)

Matthew
23-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Lol this is years old

I was in a game like this before where someone was doing it (although he denies it)

Basically the host and one player (both him) took it in turns to brb so he could speak on each acc, I got him talking on one acc for like 5 mins, and for that time he forgot to talk on the other acc lol.
Both accs had Tom or something in the name aswell

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!