PDA

View Full Version : Victim of Soham murderer Ian Huntley vows to fight to get share of his payout

-:Undertaker:-
03-08-2010, 10:01 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1299497/Soham-murderer-Ian-Huntleys-victim-vows-fight-share-payout.html

Soham murderer Ian Huntley's victim vows to fight him in court to get share of payout

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/01/article-0-0AA7F26F000005DC-526_468x610.jpg

A woman sexually assaulted by Soham killer Ian Huntley could win a share of any damages he is awarded for being slashed across the throat by another inmate. The former caretaker has launched legal action against the Prison Service and is seeking £100,000 compensation, saying he should have been better protected because of his notoriety. But if he is successful, the 36-year-old may be forced to share his compensation jackpot with one of his very first victims, who says the money should go to charity.

Hailey Edwards was 11 years old when she was sexually assaulted by Huntley in 1997 - five years before he murdered Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman. Yesterday she vowed to take legal action against the double child killer if he is awarded any damages by the Ministry of Justice. It comes after a landmark case last year which now allows victims of sex abuse cases to claim for damages outside of the normal six-year time limit. Miss Edwards 24, told the Daily Mail: 'I'll fight him all the way to stop him from getting a penny. I did it once before and I'll do it again.

'I would even be prepared to face him in court just to stand in his way. 'The bottom line is he doesn't deserve a thing. In fact, he's lucky to be alive. He should have been hung, drawn and quartered for what he did. 'That money should either be paid to the parents of Holly and Jessica or go to a children's charity.' Miss Edwards is the only person to have successfully lodged a civil claim against Huntley since he was convicted in 2003 for the murders of Holly and Jessica. She says it was in September 1997 that Huntley, then 23, repeatedly sexually assaulted her in an orchard in Cleethorpes.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/01/article-0-0AA2DDDA000005DC-264_468x455.jpg

What a fantastic woman and all the best to her in trying to beat this evil monster - its just a shame that when he was slashed it didn't deliver the true justice which the British justice system is now incapable of delivering.

All the best to her.

Tintinnabulate
03-08-2010, 10:35 AM
What a fantastic woman and all the best to her in trying to beat this evil monster - its just a shame that when he was slashed it didn't deliver the true justice which the British justice system is now incapable of delivering.

All the best to her.

To be honest, I am happy he did not die when attacked. He suffered and that's what he should be doing - suffering. Execution is the easy way out. He is obviously suffering in there and being punished for his crime as he has attempted suicide several times in there.

alexxxxx
03-08-2010, 01:06 PM
hmm im not sure how shell get any money out of him if she's already sued him before.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!