PDA

View Full Version : Blaclberry announces OS 6!

HotelUser
03-08-2010, 11:09 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/03/rim-launches-blackberry-6-platform/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plWOkI_Urwo&feature=player_embedded

What gets me is--it actually looks iOS/Android competitive! I wonder if they'll pump out good hardware to boot!

Casio
05-08-2010, 09:46 AM
I really like the look of that, and the new blackberry to support it, Blackberry Torch. Any ideas of when this will be available as I want to update my Bold 9700 now!

myke
05-08-2010, 09:49 AM
hmm... it looks alright, but all the OS are going down the same route now and it'd be nice to see something new and fresh.

Recursion
05-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Is it me, but apart from the homescreen it looks like Android with Sense UI LOL

BaclBerry, as good as it is, is dying. Even corporate businesses are stepping over to Android/Symbian/iOS.

Nemo
05-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Looks really good, but i still dont think i'll be buying one

HotelUser
05-08-2010, 02:04 PM

BaclBerry, as good as it is, is dying. Even corporate businesses are stepping over to Android/Symbian/iOS.

That's what I was thinking too, Tom!

In my opinion RIM and Symbian sellers are holding the phone world back. They need to go :P

xxMATTGxx
05-08-2010, 02:38 PM
It's nice to see RIM have realised their BlackBerry OS or whatever they call it needs a change and it looks like OS 6 does bring that.

hmm... it looks alright, but all the OS are going down the same route now and it'd be nice to see something new and fresh.

What you mean?

Robbie
05-08-2010, 02:41 PM

I'm not too sure. A lot of businesses are still using BlackBerry due to the security and easy intergration of BES. Although ActiveSync does the job just fine :P

Recursion
05-08-2010, 04:43 PM
A lot of businesses are moving over to Microsoft Exchange based security, which is compatible with almost every phone OS nowadays.

Casanova
14-08-2010, 02:52 AM
Blackberry will always have their security. And as for os 6.0, i think they'll allow us to update. May take a month or two though!
And for one of the posts above... I can only imagine the mentally impaired would use symbian for business. Dear god it's the equivalent of an empty tin can!?

---------- Post added 14-08-2010 at 03:52 AM ----------

Blackberry will always have their security. And as for os 6.0, i think they'll allow us to update. May take a month or two though!
And for one of the posts above... I can only imagine the mentally impaired would use symbian for business. Dear god it's the equivalent of an empty tin can!?

LMS16
17-08-2010, 08:53 PM
I love my blackberry!!

Will not change it until I see a phone that can read your mind lol..

Lew.

Casio
24-08-2010, 10:04 AM
When is OS6 coming to the UK, I have asked in various stores but even they are unsure, plus you can only buy the BB Torch in America and in Canada lmao

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!