PDA

View Full Version : Running headphones in (+rep)

Apple
04-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Got some Sennheiser CX400 II's and before buying them I read that with headphones you are supposed to run them in for maximum sound quality and life span. I set off to the airport at 3am tomorrow morning so I have the rest of today to leave it playing. Should I just have it on about 50% volume playing through my complete discography of 2pac? :S

A fast response would be appreciated!!!

Stephen!
04-08-2010, 04:47 PM
For in-ear headphones I don't think it would be necessary. But if you really want to, then just play them at 100%. "Running in" usually takes about a week before you notice the difference.

N!ck
04-08-2010, 07:38 PM
They should be at their optimum pretty much straight away. If you can, play some pink noise through them for a few hours. Should burn them in a little.

MattFr
04-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Eww bad choice :(

Use this pink noise on loop

http://www.burninwave.com/#pinknoise

At a COMFORTABLE listening level.

Apple
04-08-2010, 10:44 PM
At first I thought they were crap but then I realised I needed to use the bigger buds so they created a better suction and they are way better than the standard apple headphones you get with iPhones/iPods. I played shuffled music at about 50% volume for 4 hours and have been playing pink noise at about 60% volume for nearly 2 hours now. Anyway I need to leave for the airport at 3am so I best get some sleep. Thanks!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!