PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] Another toy story alt :)

Jessicrawrr
04-08-2010, 01:32 PM
I've recently done a Jessie toy story alt. so iv'e done a woody one to match ;D

Comments please ;)

Nemo
05-08-2010, 12:46 AM
Wow that is incredible. nothing else to say to that really. Looks pretty much exact. 10/10.

Tintinnabulate
05-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Just wow. Seriously, its stunning. The boots, and outfit is stunning. +rep.

Suspective
05-08-2010, 07:48 AM
That looks BRILLIANT! well done

Jessicrawrr
05-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Thankyou ! :)
I haven't ever had those comments before :D

myke
05-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Well done, you can clearly see from miles away that you've put time and effort into it. The next step, to make it almost exact would be to remould the face so that it's longer and he has a pointy nose - but this is no doubt, excellent. +REP.

Jessicrawrr
05-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Ahaa, I can't do faces at all, but Ill try to make it more woody-like in a bit and post it on here :)
Thankyou anyways :)

Circadia
05-08-2010, 08:25 AM
That's great only thing i could say is that on the arm furthest away from us his jacket goes over his shoulder But on the arm nearest to us the jacket doesn't appear to go over the shoulder. But other than that its great xox

.Devilish..
05-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Wow , this is amazing. I am not an art expert , i fail in art a lot. So the only way i would say to improve would be try to make the edges a bit neater. And thats only a tiny thing. Well done.

---------- Post added 05-08-2010 at 09:28 AM ----------

I added +rep btw.

Jessicrawrr
05-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Thanks for all your comments they really help as you can see http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=659504 here :)

Amberr
05-08-2010, 08:34 AM
That is pretty amazing, i love the detail on it i love the boots :P. You have improved incredibly, well done. Love to see more from you :) +rep

Edit: need to spread :(

Jessicrawrr
05-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Thanks amber xD
heres the edit of it I did changing his face & jacket thing slightly :D

Circadia
05-08-2010, 08:49 AM
The arm looks much better as it looks like the jacket is going over his shoulder :) ( I would +Rep but i need to spread sorry x )

Jessicrawrr
05-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Thankyou very much :)

dbgtz
05-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Alright im not going to be a noob because unfortunately, its not amazing. It's good for you're standard and you have improved but there's still quite a bit to improve on.
1 - The lines going across on his arm need to go around his arm, not straight. Same with the ones going up when it reaches the shoulder area.
2 - The white jacket and the things on the boot with the spike (w/e theyre called) has no shading and the spikey bit should be behind his foot i think?
3 - The left one of these isn't angled properly, needs to be alot more round.
4 - The trousers aren't shaded properly, it gets lighter at the back.
5 - The nose seems too pointed, too straight, make the end pixel go up (if you get me)
6 - The buttons have no shading
7 - The top needs shading where the left side of the jacket is.

Sorry to be picky but you kind of need the detail of you wish to improve.

Jessicrawrr
05-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the CC, I'm going to have another look at it and see if I can improve it.

edit:

here it is :)

Cherpi
06-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Arms look rushed, and his face is longer, but good 7/10

DuckAU
07-08-2010, 05:47 AM
I don't know why this alt is getting such good feedback, it has many errors.

- His neck handkerchief or whatever it's called doesn't really stick out or resemble the handkerchief. The only reason I know it's a handkerchief is because I know what Woody looks like, not because your alt shows it.
So fix that, maybe use the handkerchief Habbo has and make it shorter. And the handkerchief has a white dotted pattern.

- His hat looks maroon, his hat is brown.

- The cow pattern on the vest. The black you used is just the default pitch black which should only be used for outlines, try using a lighter shade, but not too light so it looks gray.
Also, the lineart for the vest isn't too good, if you got rid of all the other colouring and just left the vest intact it wouldn't look like it was sitting on his torso right.

- It looks like you've cut off some of his chin, Woody's face is quite long. Try fixing that.

- The lines to show the checkered design on Woody's shirt doesn't really show that it is infact, a checkered design. Again, for example I wouldn't know that it was a checkered design just based on your alt, only because I know what Woody looks like.

- His belt. Way too big. If you want to get good at alts, you need to edit Habbo's stuff, don't just keep Habbo's horribly designed belt thing, whatever it is. I never really figured out what it was.

- The pants look fine but it looks like you've pillow shaded on that one dark line, making it blurry. #1 rule in alting is never pillow shade.

- And lastly, the boots. They don't really resemble cowboy boots, they're not long at the bottom, just round like normal sneakers. And the straps for the spikes on the back of the boots aren't too straight, it just looks like they're poorly drawn.

That reaches the end of my kinda harshly written c&c. I'm sorry if I was abit too harsh and that you're kinda new to alterations but seeing everyone comment it saying 10/10, flawless, excellent blah blah blah is just really annoying, it just shows that the standard for a good alt has dramatically dropped since I was in the alting business.

And if you actually take my c&c into consideration your alt then might live up to all the 10/10 ratings. You have potential to be a great altist.

~ Greg

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!